Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Anderson should be fired after this season

Yes
224 (51.1%)
No
214 (48.9%)

Total Members Voted: 435

intelligence

February 17, 2016, 08:07:13 pm Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 04:20:27 pm by intelligence
Most of the board wants him gone. so put up or shut up. What say ye?

Edit: This thread has descended into yet another strawfest of bad arguments. here are the facts.

1. SOS has improved under Mike Anderson.
2. Win Percentage has improved under Mike Anderson.
3. RPI has improved under Mike Anderson, for 4 consecutive seasons. This season is a departure from that trend.
4. Mike Anderson took us to a tournament appearance in year 4. He will not take us to a post season this year. 1 of 5 = 20%
5. Mike Anderson failed to reload for this season.
6. Recruiting under Mike Anderson is some of the worst its ever been at Arkansas.
7. Defense has been terrible under Anderson.
8. Statistically, the offense has been good under Anderson, but that's only on paper. In big game's, its been inconsistent at best.
9. Last seasons 27 wins was the best mark by a razorbacks team since 95.

ADavisTheGOAT

Yes. Give me Greg Marshall, now.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

arkfan81

Ready for change. I'm keeping it polite.
Have faith...

WorfHog

Quote from: Hogfan991 on February 17, 2016, 08:08:21 pm

Greg Marshall ain't walking through that door.

Smalltownhog95

As bad as this year is we knew this was coming. If we show no NCAA tournament next year I say its time to fire him.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Danny J

This is probably just emotion speaking but right now I am having a hard time trying to think of any reasons to give him another year. So for now I am going to put my emotions aside and hope we can turn it around next season. I just hope we don't go winless, besides Mizzou, from here on out which right now is looking very possible.

yocdaddy

He's a mediocre recruiter at best, he's mediocre at X's and O's, why keep him?  He'd make a great assistant coach....
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

Willyboy

No one expected this team to be a postseason team.  Losing like this sucks but I will give him next year to see.

Pigsear

Quote from: WorfHog on February 17, 2016, 08:09:20 pm

And how do you know this?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Hogfan991 on February 17, 2016, 08:08:21 pm

Lol to anyone that actually believes Greg Marshall is a possibility

Kenny Dowell Loggains

He won't, because according to Jeff Long it takes 5 years to build a program, or in our case - 15 years.

yocdaddy

Quote from: Willyboy on February 17, 2016, 08:11:52 pm
No one expected this team to be a postseason team.  Losing like this sucks but I will give him next year to see.

Excuse me...but 5 years in, I expected to be a perennial tournament team. So, he hasn't met my expectations.
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

arkfan81

Quote from: yocdaddy on February 17, 2016, 08:11:16 pm
He's a mediocre recruiter at best, he's mediocre at X's and O's, why keep him?  He'd make a great assistant coach....

Seems as though who ever we play shoots lights out on us. 1 guy again killed us. And then watching us on the free throw line. Good grief.
Have faith...

WorfHog

Quote from: Pigsear on February 17, 2016, 08:12:55 pm

Greg Marshall is waiting for a blue blood job and right now we are the farthest thing from blue blood that exists in D1...

Hawgphish

I am not for firing him this year.  But after 5 years, I cannot say that I believe in his abilities.  We are going nowhere fast.  Next year or bust!

Uncommon

5 more games left and the conference tourney (which will likely be an early exit).  Ask me then.

LR_Matt

Call Doc Brown and fire up the DeLorean.... Let's go back and never hire him!

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Pigsear on February 17, 2016, 08:12:55 pm

He makes $3.3 million/year, has easier recruiting via academics, and his program gets preferential treatment within the athletic department. Arkansas isn't winning him over.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Willyboy on February 17, 2016, 08:11:52 pm

Postseason? They just lost to a shorthanded, bottom feeder team without a PG at home after losing by 48 pts to the Mississippi teams. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Willyboy

Quote from: yocdaddy on February 17, 2016, 08:14:59 pm
Excuse me...but 5 years in, I expected to be a perennial tournament team. So, he hasn't met my expectations.

Arkansas is not what it used to be and it never will be.  Your expectations should have been tempered after the offseason departures, it was obvious this wouldn't be a strong team.  Did you want him fired before the season?  Because so far we've got about exactly what many thought even before the season started. 

HogBreath

Maybe we can get the guy at UALR.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

psooie

This loss blows. I'd give Mike Anderson year 6 but no ncaa next season and he is 100% gone. I don't want to hear anymore MA defenders say he can have the job for life. NO NCAA next season and he is fired, end of story. Put up or shut up.   The coach i want is at UAB unless gregg marshall is willing to accept the job.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Willyboy on February 17, 2016, 08:19:13 pm
Arkansas is not what it used to be and it never will be.  Your expectations should have been tempered after the offseason departures, it was obvious this wouldn't be a strong team.  Did you want him fired before the season?  Because so far we've got about exactly what many thought even before the season started.

Tempered is one thing.  Most everyone's expectations were.  These last 3 have been exceptionally bad.  No diminishing it. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

RazorPiggie

No but you could hire me for $100K and I'd have the same results.

Mr. Porkleone

I'm sure JL is noticing this.  This is pathetic. Anderson has lost the fans and lost the recruits.

swineology

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on February 17, 2016, 08:23:37 pm
I'm sure JL is noticing this.  This is pathetic. Anderson has lost the fans and lost the recruits.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

WorfHog

Quote from: psooie on February 17, 2016, 08:20:08 pm
This loss blows. I'd give Mike Anderson year 6 but no ncaa next season and he is 100% gone. I don't want to hear anymore defenders say he can have the job for life. NO NCAA next season and he is fired. The coach i want is at UAB unless gregg marshall is willing to accept the job.

Maybe we can trade with UAB.

bphi11ips

Auburn shot the same way Arkansas did at Missouri.  Whaddaya gonna do?

Fun game coulda gone either way.  Bruce Pearl has some athletes at Auburn.  Did everyone thing they were gonna come in and roll over?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

TrueBlue

Mizzou is laughing their arse off at us right now.

Westcoasthog

Mike Anderson should be FIRED IMMEDIATELY AS I POST THESE WORDS
6:25 pm WEST COAST TIME.   WILLYBOY ARKANSAS CAN CLIMB TO THE TOP LIKE IT USED TO BE.

Danny J

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 17, 2016, 08:25:42 pm

What would I do? Stop trapping every person that touches the ball which led to easy passes to wide open shooters and 15 made 3 pointers. That is what I would do.

hobhog

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 17, 2016, 08:25:42 pm

Fun game coulda gone either way.  Bruce Pearl has some athletes at Auburn.  Did everyone thing they were gonna come in and roll over?

WTH?! Fun game to watch if you don't know or care about basketball. That was just plain horrible thing to witness. Frat boys gone wild....

TrueBlue

Ever since Canty left - Auburn has only scored at least 57 once. They scored 90 tonight.

They had also lost 7 in a row....

Razorback basketball is DEAD.

yocdaddy

Quote from: Willyboy on February 17, 2016, 08:19:13 pm

5 years ago I thought we would be a perennial tournament team.  I don't change my expectations based on one off-season.  Anderson should have recruited better.  Our roster is his fault, no matter who the heck left.  This is his 5th year, they are all his kids.  If you show me the roster before the season and ask me if that is a tournament roster, I say no.  Again, that is Anderson's fault.  When he was hired, my expectations of him were the same as they would have been for anyone.  In 5 years, we will be a perennial tournament program.  We are clearly not.  Stop making excuses for Anderson, our roster is his fault. 

I won't temper my expectations of our program.  Arkansas should be a perennial tournament program....end of story.

Uncommon

Quote from: TrueBlue on February 17, 2016, 08:26:42 pm
Which Anderson do you want right now?  I sure as hell ain't taking Kim.  Don't think Mizzou has any shite to talk about.

TrueBlue

Quote from: Uncommon on February 17, 2016, 08:30:29 pm
Which Anderson do you want right now?  I sure as hell ain't taking Kim.  Don't think Mizzou has any shite to talk about.

Must have not paid attention to the way Mizzou is playing lately.

Have you paid attention to OUR last three games??

You can have CMA.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: TrueBlue on February 17, 2016, 08:26:42 pm

I would if I were a Mizzou fan(spit).  I would be very bitter too. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: Uncommon on February 17, 2016, 08:30:29 pm
They did manage to beat South Carolina last night.

BigHog396

How do you go from beating the #5 team in the nation, to losing four of your last five, including unbelievably embarrassing losses to MSU and Auburn???  With an imitation coach, that's how.  No injuries, no players have quit the team, he simply cannot coach any consistency into this group, and that's all on him!

It is absolutely time for Anderson to go.  He's had five years, and has thoroughly proven that he has no ability to get a team on campus with enough talent and depth to give us a team that can perform halfway consistently.  This team and all of it's results are all on Anderson.  They are all his recruits.  He has only landed one out of four all-world in-state players we've had since he got here.  Time to move on.

Willyboy

Quote from: yocdaddy on February 17, 2016, 08:30:21 pm
5 years ago I thought we would be a perennial tournament team.  I don't change my expectations based on one off-season.  Anderson should have recruited better.  Our roster is his fault, no matter who the heck left.  This is his 5th year, they are all his kids.  If you show me the roster before the season and ask me if that is a tournament roster, I say no.  Again, that is Anderson's fault.  When he was hired, my expectations of him were the same as they would have been for anyone.  In 5 years, we will be a perennial tournament program.  We are clearly not.  Stop making excuses for Anderson, our roster is his fault. 

I won't temper my expectations of our program.  Arkansas should be a perennial tournament program....end of story.

I hate to break it to you, but you may never be satisfied with Arkansas baseball ever again. 

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Tell me the replacement, and then I'll know how to answer.

Without a good option, I can't answer this.

For the MA haters, he's not as befuddled and inept as you paint him.
For the MA apologists, he should have had better recruiting to keep from this meteoric fall.

MA is a good coach.  Not a bad coach.  Not a great coach.  So show me who the replacement is before we blow this up.  It is in better overall shape than when he took over.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Uncommon

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 17, 2016, 08:34:55 pm
They did manage to beat South Carolina last night.
And we beat Texas A&M.

TrueBlue

Quote from: Uncommon on February 17, 2016, 08:37:15 pm
And we beat Texas A&M.

AND A&M then preceded to lose their next 4 games?

A&M is a pretender, not a contender.

TrueBlue

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on February 17, 2016, 08:37:12 pm
Tell me the replacement, and then I'll know how to answer.

Without a good option, I can't answer this.

For the MA haters, he's not as befuddled and inept as you paint him.
For the MA apologists, he should have had better recruiting to keep from this meteoric fall.

MA is a good coach.  Not a bad coach.  Not a great coach.  So show me who the replacement is before we blow this up.  It is in better overall shape than when he took over.

CMA is a good ASSISTANT COACH. Not a head coach.

Hawgar The Horrible

Somebody call Dana Altman and tell him the pressure to win is no longer applicable.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Uncommon

Quote from: TrueBlue on February 17, 2016, 08:38:24 pm
AND A&M then preceded to lose their next 4 games?

A&M is a pretender, not a contender.
They are easily better than South Carolina in terms of current NCAA Tournament resume.  That was our 1 good win.  Can't take that away.

Etowah

And then Kingsley will leave at the end of this year, and how will next year be better?

rude1

Quote from: WorfHog on February 17, 2016, 08:15:54 pm
Greg Marshall is waiting for a blue blood job and right now we are the farthest thing from blue blood that exists in D1...
Greg Marchall is making 3.3 Mil a season at WS, that is P5 conference pay for a guy in the MVC, he isn't going anywhere and those that continue to bring this up just show how little they know about college basketball. Why would he leave there were he has everything in place to win and not beat his brains out competing against elite programs in a P5 conference?

TrueBlue

Quote from: Uncommon on February 17, 2016, 08:42:11 pm
They are easily better than South Carolina in terms of current NCAA Tournament resume.  That was our 1 good win.  Can't take that away.

Wow. How much do we pay MA annually for that ONE good win?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: TrueBlue on February 17, 2016, 08:39:03 pm
CMA is a good ASSISTANT COACH. Not a head coach.

His overall record says otherwise.

Don't make me defend him.  I've been concerned with his platoon recruiting of JUCOs and I wasn't too keen on his lack of quality depth BEFORE tonight.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?