Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA "Quizzing" UA Basketball

Started by Razorod, March 15, 2009, 06:33:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

thirtythree

The_Bionic_Pig

March 15, 2009, 01:29:42 pm #51 Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 01:32:12 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Were good just another AAU coach attempting to profit off of a recruits interest..... Now I don't have facts but  (speculation suggest)  that Big 12 program that were always accusing of cheating to draw elite basketball  talent....well I think they just got caught with their hand in the cookie jar....

A.J Walton reconsider....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

The_Bionic_Pig

March 15, 2009, 01:44:21 pm #53 Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 01:46:00 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: Razorod on March 15, 2009, 01:35:10 pm
could walton get out of his LOI?

Depends on if the before mentioned speculation is true and the NCAA goes after that program with stiff penalties...but if only given a slap on the wrist or the AAU coach is the one who recieves the punishment...this could drag on for months...yrs...etc.

Hell it may end up consuming another program not yet mentioned all I know is Arkansas has not done anything serious and if we are implicated its probably a secondary violation on our part.   Coach Pelphrey & Staff may not be getting those McDonald AA's at the moment but we sure not cheating... can't you tell. LOL!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

donewithdale

Its good the NCAA is going after AAU basketball.  This portion of the story states that we are one of multiple programs being questioned.  Of course we participate in these practices.  Most every program does.

Leave it to the minions and extremists here at Hogville to take this to bash Pel and slander Ostrom like you don't have enough ammunition.  I don't know why I expect more out of the leaders of this board than to join them. 

"A clue to the NCAA's interest in Arkansas might be found in another document turned up by the Democrat-Gazette's public records request. On Jan. 31, SEC associate commissioner Greg Sankey sent an e-mail to the conference's compliance coordinators, among others, with the subject line "Funneling of Money to Advance Recruiting Purposes."

The e-mail outlined concerns of the NCAA's three-person basketball focus group regarding the funneling of money to "handlers" of elite basketball prospects.

There are indications Arkansas was not singled out by the NCAA for this review."

Razorod

i'm glad we're not cheating. i'd hate to think we had been and were getting these results.

i am hopeful that we may be able to get one more solid player this spring. You have any names for us?

chiefsfan

Quote from: Razorod on March 15, 2009, 01:47:35 pm
i'm glad we're not cheating. i'd hate to think we had been and were getting these results.

i am hopeful that we may be able to get one more solid player this spring. You have any names for us?

I wonder if we pay prospects and they decide not to come, do we get our money back?
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Hoggy1

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 15, 2009, 01:29:42 pm
Were good just another AAU coach attempting to profit off of a recruits interest..... Now I don't have facts but  (speculation suggest)  that Big 12 program that were always accusing of cheating to draw elite basketball  talent....well I think they just got caught with their hand in the cookie jar....

A.J Walton reconsider....

After watching Walton last night, I say the same.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

If we had won 10 conference games, the board would be proclaiming we did nothing wrong and the NCAA has an agenda against us. But since we didn't win folks are assuming the worst and using it as a reason to fire Pel.

jfred59

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on March 15, 2009, 08:10:01 am
As much as I would like Pel to be gone, it's a joke they are looking at us and not U. of FEDEX over at Memphis.

NCAA has no control over Jr. High Programs

Once a LOI is signed can they get out of it?

chiefsfan

Quote from: Karma on March 15, 2009, 02:09:59 pm
Once a LOI is signed can they get out of it?

The university has to let them out, but yes they can.    If the University doesnt let them out, they have to sit out a year.   

Terrance Joyner got out of his signed LOI with us last year
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

akp4105

Just a precautionary letter from the NCAA.. nothing more. Just glad they haven't looked into Pat Beverly's whole thing, especially the recruting when Heath was here.

berryhog

Anyone know which/how many other programs are receiving this quiz ?

Razorod

Quote from: akp4105 on March 15, 2009, 03:55:59 pm
Just a precautionary letter from the NCAA.. nothing more. Just glad they haven't looked into Pat Beverly's whole thing, especially the recruting when Heath was here.
that is very good news.

Lanny

How does a 2-15 coach bend the NCAA rules?  At least get what you pay for..........sheesh.  How far can a program sink?
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Oliver

Quote from: Lanny on March 15, 2009, 05:39:43 pm
How does a 2-15 coach bend the NCAA rules?  At least get what you pay for..........sheesh.  How far can a program sink?

How far can a program sink?  Do the words, "Wait 'til next year" ring a bell?

Lanny

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 15, 2009, 05:40:57 pm
How far can a program sink?  Do the words, "Wait 'til next year" ring a bell?

:( yes they do
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

BigoBoys

You know as much exposure we have had with the NCAA over the last 15 years you would think that the Compliance Department would go overboard with training of the coaches and audits of the respective programs. 

razored

When I saw this all I could think about was the last NCAA investigation into Hog basketball.
I believe the NCAA pretty much screwed Pate - Adabayo (sp.) & the Hogs on that one. As I recall the NCAA pretty much gave a half-assed appology but the damage had already been done - to the program & to recruiting.
It looks to me like the NCAA just might be getting a jump on screwing us again. They also may be trying to set up a smoke screen before releasing the USC - Bush love fest......

3kgthog

At least we'll have an excuse for sucking if the NCAA hammers us. Positive thinking ya'll.

jr

big dread hog

the biggest concern is whether the U of A had representatives at a semi private showcasing of talent in Jackson during a dead period. If true then Pelphrey is history now and forever since it falls under his watch. Pelphrey has been known to associate with Ohmar Carter, the Jackson pimp in charge of most Elites in the MS area save Renardo Sidney who is pimped by the Pump brothers. The NCAA is gonna make an example of some folks and we have more than a tangential chance of taking a big hit.

Mike White from Ole Ms got a letter of inquiry, multiple MSU'rs did and so did AR.  Hanging out with Carter is pretty damn disgusting and shows the desperation of JP and TO who most likely put Isaac Brown in the middle of a career killer if he did cross the door of the gym during a dead period.  Sucks for us if he did.  NOT an absolute, but we not just part of a big picture accumulation of information by the NCAA.  WE ARE LINKED to Ohmar and we may be linked to more.

akp4105

Quote from: big dread hog on March 17, 2009, 12:24:07 am
the biggest concern is whether the U of A had representatives at a semi private showcasing of talent in Jackson during a dead period. If true then Pelphrey is history now and forever since it falls under his watch. Pelphrey has been known to associate with Ohmar Carter, the Jackson pimp in charge of most Elites in the MS area save Renardo Sidney who is pimped by the Pump brothers. The NCAA is gonna make an example of some folks and we have more than a tangential chance of taking a big hit.

Mike White from Ole Ms got a letter of inquiry, multiple MSU'rs did and so did AR.  Hanging out with Carter is pretty damn disgusting and shows the desperation of JP and TO who most likely put Isaac Brown in the middle of a career killer if he did cross the door of the gym during a dead period.  Sucks for us if he did.  NOT an absolute, but we not just part of a big picture accumulation of information by the NCAA.  WE ARE LINKED to Ohmar and we may be linked to more.

Great story.. really. The NCAA just wants to know how many teams used AAU coaches as speakers at camps as well as what these AAU coaches are qualified in.. how they are making money, if the coaches are in contact with AAU coaches throughout the year as a way to talk to players when they shouldnt.. things of this nature. There will be no sanctions given out by the NCAA against our basketball program. This letter was sent out to many schools.. and we are complying with the NCAA accordingly. There is nothing more here, except that the NCAA made sure coaches know they can't use AAU coaches as speakers at camps and stuff like that.