Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 51 THREAD: #15 Arkansas (36-14, 15-10 SEC) vs Vanderbilt (30-20, 13-12 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, May 14, 2017, 02:53:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2017 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL GAME 51 THREAD
   #15 ARKANSAS (36-14, 15-10 SEC) vs VANDERBILT (30-20, 13-12 SEC)

This is game 3 of a 3 game SEC series with Vandy. The series is tied at 1-1. Box Score for Game #1 = http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Vanderbilt-Arkansas-Game-1-Box-5.12.17.pdf
BOX SCORE for Game #2
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Vanderbilt-Arkansas-Game-2-Box-5.13.17.pdf

SUNDAY'S First Pitch is set for 1:00 PM and WILL NOT BE TELEVISED . This game will be streamed live online on SEC Network Plus accessible at WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app. 

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

Wisco Pig will provide the play-by-play narrative for this game.  Razorbacks#1, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, JHicks3636,uchogfan ,Maddhog, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHGiunta, will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to the Extra Innings - Razorback Baseball Game Threads and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversations. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

:razorback:

TIME TO CALL THE HOGS!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

0               1:00 p.m.                   0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | -  |  R |  H  | E  |LOB
VNDY       |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
HOGS       |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

YtownHog

Quote from: Kevin on May 14, 2017, 06:33:17 am
Who is staring

I was always told not to stare!!  Hah

I may have dreamt it, but I believe I read on Twitter last night that Taco will get the start.

jry04

Quote from: YtownHog on May 14, 2017, 07:10:10 am
I was always told not to stare!!  Hah

I may have dreamt it, but I believe I read on Twitter last night that Taco will get the start.
Let's hope he pulls out a performance like his start at UK last year that came out of nowhere. He has the stuff when on, he just hasn't been on much in the last 2 years. This could either go really great or really bad, but there doesn't seem to be an in between with him.

reptilehog

When was the last time Taco pitched this year?  Haven't seen him in a while.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: reptilehog on May 14, 2017, 09:08:51 am
When was the last time Taco pitched this year?  Haven't seen him in a while.

Maybe I missed an appearance, but I think it was April 14 against Georgia. 

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: Kevin on May 14, 2017, 06:31:41 am
A must win to host.

Go Hogs Go. WPS!!!

This.

Win the last two SEC series and you host, lose either series and you are the 1st man out.  I think most every guru that matters would be thinking the same.

hogfan14

Razorbacks#1

Razorbacks Line Up:

LF - Jake Arledge
1B - Chad Spanberger
DH - Luke Bonfield
C - Grant Koch
RF - Eric Cole
2B- Carson Shaddy
3B - Jared Gates
CF - Dominic Fletcher
SS - Jax Biggers

P - Dominic Taccolini
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Vandy Line Up:

3B - Will Toffey
LF - Ro Coleman
CF - Jeren Kendall
1B - Julian Infante
DH - Reed Hayes
2B - Ethan Paul
C - Jason Delay
RF - JJ Bleday
SS - Connor Kaiser

P - Chandler Day
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Scott7703

Was hoping to see Lee get a shot in the lead off spot. Just seems like he makes something positive happen when he's in there

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Birminghog

What's the word on their pitcher? i have to play a concert this afternoon and won't be able to keep up very well.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: Birminghog on May 14, 2017, 12:50:50 pm
What's the word on their pitcher? i have to play a concert this afternoon and won't be able to keep up very well.

Chandler Day, a sophomore right-hander from Granville, Ohio, starts for Vanderbilt. He's 7-1 on the season, with a 3.54 ERA in 11 starts and 48.1 innings. He was a midweek starter until two or three weeks ago, from what I heard on the pregame show.

razCzar

:razorback: :razorback:  GO get 'em HOGS!  :razorback: :razorback:

Wisco Pig

In the top of the first for the Commodores:

3B Will Toffey (.307)
LF  Ro Coleman (.286)
CF Jeren Kendall (.301)

Razorbacks#1

0               Top 1st                   0

VNDY       |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

Taccolini gets his third start of the season today. He's 3-0, but with an ERA of 4.99 in 13 appearances and 30.2 innings pitched.

Taccolini has pitched only 13.2 innings in SEC play (3.95 ERA) without a decision.

Wisco Pig

Toffey leads off the game for Vanderbilt by grounding out to 2B on a full count.

HogFansReunited

Tacos first 3 pitches all in the mid 90's. Hopefully this rest has helped him.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Wisco Pig

Ro Coleman, the LF, is next.   He gets the count to 2-1 and then flies out to LF.

Two outs.

rhog1

Why is it the Vanderbilt play by play on the Razorback gameday app?

PeabodyHawg

Blue seems to have a tight zone.....not something that's good for Taco.  Hopefully he'll settle in.

Wisco Pig

Kendall, the CF, bats third.   He gets behind in the count 1-2, evens it at 2-2, gets the count full, and then flies out to LF.

A 1-2-3 inning for Taco.

PeabodyHawg

ucahogfan

Taco hit 96 in that AB to Kendall.  Just unfair with the movement he generates.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Wisco Pig on May 14, 2017, 01:10:03 pm
Kendall, the CF, bats third.   He gets behind in the count 1-2, evens it at 2-2, gets the count full, and then flies out to LF.

A 1-2-3 inning for Taco.

That should be beneficial for his confidence

Wisco Pig

In the bottom of the 1st for the Hogs:

Arledge (.295)
Spanberger (.293)
Bonfield (.304)

onebadrubi

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 14, 2017, 01:11:30 pm

Anyone know if he's getting movement from his grip and seems or arm/elbow action?  I ask because if it's from grip and seems he can probably really be made into something at the next level

HogFansReunited

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 14, 2017, 01:11:30 pm

Completely agree. If Taco can locate his pitches, he is very dangerous.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

Razorbacks#1

0               Bot 1st                   0

VNDY    0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

Wisco Pig

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

PeabodyHawg

Bogghawg

Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Wisco Pig

Spanberger gets down in the count 0-2, fouls one off, fouls off another that just misses being a bloop hit, and then strikes out swinging.

The good news is that Arledge steals second.

PeabodyHawg

Wisco Pig

Bonfield bats with Arledge in scoring position.    Bonfield works the count to 2-1 and then grounds out to 2B.

Arledge advances to third.  Two outs.

Wisco Pig

Koch bats from the clean-up spot.  He gets behind in the count 1-2 and then BOOM!

A home run over the LF fence, into the Hog Pen.

2-0, Hogs.

PeabodyHawg

HogFansReunited

Member #3568