Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RIP Macho Man Randy Savage

Started by 870hogfan, May 20, 2011, 02:12:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

870hogfan

I know thos isn't football but wanted to say RIP to the Macho Man...

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

taintlint

I shall snap into a Slim Jim before I'm snatched up in the blink of an eye.

RIP, buddy.

870hogfan

Quote from: taintlint on May 20, 2011, 02:17:35 pm
I shall snap into a Slim Jim before I'm snatched up in the blink of an eye.

RIP, buddy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQjdHUX2T4c

He was one of my favorate growing up its stupid that he is not in the WWE hall of fame...

DeltaBoy

RIP He was great to watch and was the best Slim Jim Spokesman ever.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hydrophonic

"The future sucks." "Change it."

Porkerpower

yeeeaaayyyy.  rip macho man.....

HeathWimp

Very sad deal.  I had my picture taken with him back in 1998, when he made a publicity stop at the Wal*Mart by the mall.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Root66

Played minor league baseball in the Cardinals' Organization. RIP

hoginator

There was only one Macho Man, Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaandy Savage...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

Pigdiana Jones

This is truly sad. RIP, randy. You will be missed.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

hodgehog

He truly made the sport what it is today. Plus I enjoyed the slim Jim ads.

PowderedToastMan

My favorite wrestler when I was growing up.  I was saddened to read about this earlier this evening.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

Sed76

Macho Man was one of a kind. Rest in peace and thanks for the memories.

centarkswine

He definitely needs to be in the WWE Hall Of Fame. Thanks for the memories.

RIP Macho Man.

booogaga

GO HOGS!

Deuce Pigelow

May 21, 2011, 06:38:15 am #17 Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 06:39:48 am by Deuce Pigelow
Wouldnt it be fitting if Muchomacho Man won the Preakness today. Im gonna put some $$ on him. RIP Randy Poffo. Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh yyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Jim

Found an article about Hogan where he said that he & Mach had started to communicate again and were regretting their 10 year feud.  Hogan's words:  "We miss him a lot. I feel horrible about the ten years of having no communication. This was a tough one."

RIP to one of the ALL-TIME greats!!!

Birminghog

Quote from: jbcarol on May 20, 2011, 04:09:20 pm
Slim Jim manufacturing plant closes

Spooky.  The Macho Man passes, & they close the plant.  May not matter since the world ends today.

ConAgra is a POS anyway.  One of the worst examples of corporate welfare.

RIP, Macho Man.

Birminghog

Was Macho Man related to Leaping Lanny Poffo?  Did LLP change personae later?  I remember him from the 70's, but lost track.

Root66

Quote from: Birminghog on May 21, 2011, 12:57:16 pm
Was Macho Man related to Leaping Lanny Poffo?  Did LLP change personae later?  I remember him from the 70's, but lost track.

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/television/article_c5362b53-70c2-5bc9-91b1-da6832393bb2.html

excerpt:

Savage was a minor league catcher in the 1970s for St. Louis and Cincinnati before turning in the uniform for tights. His father, Angelo Poffo, was a longtime wrestler, and his brother, "Leaping" Lanny Poffo, was also a 1980s WWF mainstay. Condolences from fans poured in to Lanny Poffo's Facebook page on Friday.

Johnny America

God is not real.

jbcarol

Quote from: Birminghog on May 21, 2011, 12:57:16 pm

This post might bring back memories:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=411257.msg6231347#msg6231347
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Birminghog

mea culpa.  Didn't read the original

HUNGLOWHOG

one of my all time favorite wrestler , "oh yeaaahhhh"

pigture perfect

Sad. Truly a living legend. A lot better than Larry Zabisco However you spell his name.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

razorback3072

He was definitely one of the great ones.  It didn't hurt that he had Miss Elizabeth on his arm either.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

atekido

he spiraled down bigtime after Elizabeth's Death and blamed Lex luger for her death had a big story on it.
Macho man was unique in that HE NEVER changed his personality and he had one of the best Intro Music songs of all time and he has the Best elbow drop in the business  ntm the fued between him and hogan will always be the greatest since it spilled into Real life.   ill just say noone has lived till they have listened to his rap album!

jbcarol

Quote from: Birminghog on May 21, 2011, 07:22:10 pm
mea culpa.  Didn't read the original

No prob.  Thought you might enjoy an account that corroborated your recollections.

texhog22

Just thought I would remind some of you, wrestling is fake. Still sorry to see Randy savage gone. Loved him in Spider-man

hobhog

Quote from: texhog22 on May 23, 2011, 01:24:37 pm
Just thought I would remind some of you, wrestling is fake. Still sorry to see Randy savage gone. Loved him in Spider-man

He was a great actor......in the ring.

TNRazorbacker

Word has it when he got to heaven he put Jesus in a sleeper and stopped the rapture this past weekend.

Thanks Macho Man.

Mr. Hughes

Wasn't one of my favorites, but he should be in the Hall of Fame. And, yes, the Slim Jim commercials are legendary.

"Art Thou Bored?"

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hvsupastar

He's not in the hall of fame SUPPOSEDLY because he slept with an underage Stephanie McMahon.

Regardless top 5 all time. No1 Ive heard has ever said a bad thing about the guy. RIP
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

atekido

May 24, 2011, 01:41:03 pm #36 Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 01:43:38 pm by atekido
Quote from: texhog22 on May 23, 2011, 01:24:37 pm

cool Story Bra..  but im willing to bet you couldnt even climb up the turnbuckles or do a leg drop without breaking something or getting winded ;)  those guys even some of the ones who arent roided up and are not so toned would embarasse you in fitness.  heck. wrestling isnt anymore fixed than any other professional sport or entertainment.

texhog22

Quote from: atekido on May 24, 2011, 01:41:03 pm
cool Story Bra..  but im willing to bet you couldnt even climb up the turnbuckles or do a leg drop without breaking something or getting winded ;)  those guys even some of the ones who arent roided up and are not so toned would embarasse you in fitness.  heck. wrestling isnt anymore fixed than any other professional sport or entertainment.
Sorry dude. I play real sports. Im not trying to climb a turnbuckle and do a leg drop  that doesnt really hurt someone. I do play Racquetball  4 times a week (at the "A" level) and I also coach  a girls 18&U softball team.  Did you say Wrestling isnt any more fixed than any other pro sport????????  Are you retarded???

hvsupastar

Quote from: texhog22 on May 24, 2011, 04:34:44 pm
Sorry dude. I play real sports. Im not trying to climb a turnbuckle and do a leg drop  that doesnt really hurt someone. I do play Racquetball  4 times a week (at the "A" level) and I also coach  a girls 18&U softball team.  Did you say Wrestling isnt any more fixed than any other pro sport????????  Are you retarded???

Explain to me how a 250 pound man jumping 15 feet in the air and landing on you wouldn't hurt?

Think of wrestling as an action movie, live
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

The Boar War

I believe that wrestling is fixed (not that the guys aren't incredible athletes).  But you came back with racquetball and girls' softball?

little pigee

I am retarded, but you are just plain old dumb to come back with coaching girl's softball.  Skandar Ackbar would crush your little grilled batting helmet, Dudette.
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

The Lake Lizzard

Don't you guys know it's fake! I play real sports 4 or five times a week! Manly sports like badminton and shuffleboard, IN THE TOP FLIGHTS! On the weekends I coach a traveling women's lawnbowling team. We play sometimes 2, 3 straight games without sitting down and re hydrating ourselves. Anyone who wants to participate in anything that has to do with "rasslin" should be ashamed of themselves because everyone knows that it's fake and that nothing they do really hurts or compares to the athleticism it takes to compete at the levels of which I do!

Johnny America

wrestling isnt anymore fixed than any other professional sport or entertainment.

I hope this was sarcasm.
God is not real.

sickboy

Just because they're ENTERTAINING people doesn't mean they aren't athletic. Wrestling isn't fixed it's staged. I've worked for for Wrestling shows before. It's basically an off broadway version of Hamlet with steroids, man thongs and enough physical force to break any bone in your body.

Look at it this way. Is Ballett a sport? Most would say no. You have to be extremely gifted physically and athletically to perform it, and once you've learned all the moves, rehearsed them with your partners and go out on stage to perform in front of an audience...you can most definitely get seriously hurt or injured if you don't perform the moves and choreography, or worse yet, hurt someone else. 

Wrestling is the exact same thing except it's geared toward a different demographic.

little pigee

Yea, my tootoo once got tangled with my partner's beret...ugleee!
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

GS99

I've never watched wrestling, I think it's silly, and I don't really get the appeal of watching oiled-up steroid freaks with their clothes off (not that there's anything wrong with that).

But you can't deny that much of what they do is athletically impressive.  And dangerous.  They really do get hurt.  Some of the moves, if "real", would actually kill the person, but the fact that it's staged to not kill someone doesn't mean it doesn't hurt.

The Great Hambino

Guess he lost his match with the Undertaker.

FOREVER

Johnny America

God is not real.

Doug

Quote from: texhog22Sorry dude. I play real sports. Im not trying to climb a turnbuckle and do a leg drop  that doesnt really hurt someone.
Dude... seriously?

Why don't you have a read of http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=61613.0 and then tell me this profession doesn't hurt.

And then stop acting like a pusillanimous jackwagon.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

SwinerBock

Quote from: The Boar War on May 25, 2011, 02:26:19 pm
I believe that wrestling is fixed (not that the guys aren't incredible athletes).  But you came back with racquetball and girls' softball?
Well, in his defense, if you get hit by one of those racquetballs, they sting like a mo-fo.  And it is possible to break a bone in a racquetball court.... that is, if you don't know what the heck you are doing...