Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

IF Arkansas Wins...

Started by BigK_HogHeaven, October 14, 2017, 07:38:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

IF Arkansas miraculously pulls the upset does your perception of CBB change?

Yes
No

BigK_HogHeaven

My score prediction is 58-7 for anyone that thinks I'm drinking the cool aid for even asking this question

Hoggish1

Iowa State, then Syracuse, now Arkansas... WPS!

elksnort

dmaxfan

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

hawgon

If we are suddenly good enough to win at Bama, Fatboy has some explaining to do for the first half of the season.

PorkRinds

I'm planning on not watching. I'll check at the half and if it's close I'll turn it on. Otherwise I'll skip today.

Seminole Indian

Two physically talented teams with similar philosophy's, something neither sees very often.  Tough to beat anyone at their place but should be a good game.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

jst01

No. It's more than a single game. It's over 50 games that have influenced my thoughts

From Tusk Till Dawn

Ever year im hopeful when we play Bama because a win could literally change our program.  Its the only time im ever jealous of Bo wallace, Chad Kelly, and Johhny Football.

swineology

No and it's not a valid poll without a Frito Pie option

Go crawl back under your rock OP

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on October 14, 2017, 08:07:35 am
Ever year im hopeful when we play Bama because a win could literally change our program.  Its the only time im ever jealous of Bo wallace, Chad Kelly, and Johhny Football.

I'm with you. A win would get CBB back to par on the season for me. Doesn't change the past but at least would provide hope that things could be different going forward

Malvin

The only way we win this game is if the Alabama bus drives off a bridge.. and even then their cheerleaders may take the field and still beat us.

56-3 Bama, the only reason it wont be 180-3 is because Saban will have 3rd string in after the 1st quarter.

BrickTwnHog

Quote from: Seminole Indian on October 14, 2017, 07:57:29 am
Two physically talented teams with similar philosophy's, something neither sees very often.  Tough to beat anyone at their place but should be a good game.

we talking about the same game?

Roaringboar

The only way my perception of Bielema changes is if he takes this awful team and goes 9-3 then wins the bowl because that would mean most certainly we finish in the top 20 and that there is hope for next year.......but the chances of that happening is slim to none......I think on Out of Bounds yesterday they said the FPI gave us a 0.02% chance of winning out or something like that.......It won't happen, especially after the two upsets last night........That's definietly going to have Saban on his toes........
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Seminole Indian

Of course were talking about the same game, but I only go by talent, and the fact is both are top 25 when it comes to talent, so this is a top 25 matchup.

Neither team is playing their best, and one has been upset twice in road games, but that is happening everywhere.

The talent gap between Alabama and Arkansas is not nearly as big as it was in games like Oklahoma/Iowa State or  Clemson/Syracuse, and Arkansas's talent is actually better suited to play an Alabama than most teams are.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seebs

If he wins out I will change mine to a yes.  And I don't mean after the Auburn game.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

1highhog

Quote from: Seminole Indian on October 14, 2017, 08:46:55 am
Of course were talking about the same game, but I only go by talent, and the fact is both are top 25 when it comes to talent, so this is a top 25 matchup.

Neither team is playing their best, and one has been upset twice in road games, but that is happening everywhere.

The talent gap between Alabama and Arkansas is not nearly as big as it was in games like Oklahoma/Iowa State or  Clemson/Syracuse, and Arkansas's talent is actually better suited to play an Alabama than most teams are.

We are not top 25 on talent.

Vantage 8 dude

Unfortunately fairy tales are very rare in this life. Even IF (and I have to restrain myself from bursting out laughing) we were to pull off the largest miracle in Razorback football history CBB couldn't necessarily count on that saving his job. It's the entire body of work over his past 4 + seasons that still has to remain the focus. And IMO that's how it should be. Or as the old saying goes: "Even a blind hog can root around and come up with an acorn or two every once and a while".

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: 1highhog on October 14, 2017, 08:52:49 am

I think we actually have the talent but it might be sitting on the bench or it's not being utilized correctly.  I posted a thread the other day about player development. Just take a look at all the 4 stars we've recruited.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=639874.msg11027316#msg11027316

swineology

You've seen our OL, right?

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: jst01 on October 14, 2017, 08:05:57 am
No. It's more than a single game. It's over 50 games that have influenced my thoughts

Does that include his wins over Ole Miss,  Auburn,  LSU,  Miss. State,  TCU,  Texas,  Texas Tech,  Kansas State Missouri and Tennessee?
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

jst01

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 14, 2017, 09:10:38 am
Does that include his wins over Ole Miss,  Auburn,  LSU,  Miss. State,  TCU,  Texas,  Texas Tech,  Kansas State Missouri and Tennessee?

Oh yea. It includes every game. 10 SEC wins in 4.5 seasons.

What really funny is in that short little post you made, you listed 60% of his conference wins.

HiggiePiggy

I put no.  But if he won and then won out the season I would probably change and want to see what he does at the beginning of the season.  All I want is to see wins. Tired of the same ole same ole in second half of games. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Pig in the Pokey

If Hogs win it'll be because of DEM BAWZ, not fatty
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HoggyCat

Put the peyote down.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

Like I said earlier, put the peyote down. Our three star brigade isn't top 25 talent. He'll, you'd be hard pressed to find just one aspect of the game where we're better than we were when he took over.

dbhog

Where do you find the second physically talented team?

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: dbhog on October 14, 2017, 09:31:32 am

Alabama could field 2-3 physically talented teams by themselves

HoggyCat

Quote from: dbhog on October 14, 2017, 09:31:32 am

He's an ASUj lackey hoping to keep bert here, for obvious  reasons to those that have to love around those clowns.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 14, 2017, 09:55:48 am
He's an ASUj lackey hoping to keep bert here, for obvious  reasons to those that have to love around those clowns.
I don't care who your HC is but you are by any measure one of the top 20-25 programs in college football, and that includes your roster talent, and that is a fact. 

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite

code red

Only thing I can hope for is a Mercy clock....can they do that?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

DeltaBoy

I stand a better chance of getting a date with super Model than the Hogs winning today.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: 1highhog on October 14, 2017, 08:52:49 am
I hate to break the new to you but you are.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Seminole Indian on October 14, 2017, 10:30:35 am
Sure, syracue and cal both proved an upset is possible.  But bama probably has as many 5* as we have 4*. 

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Seminole Indian on October 14, 2017, 10:30:35 am

I agree. We do have top 25 talent and we have had top 25 talent the last 3 years.  We have had failure at the coaching level that has cost us many games.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

cj_sez

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 14, 2017, 11:19:31 am
I agree. We do have top 25 talent and we have had top 25 talent the last 3 years.  We have had failure at the coaching level that has cost us many games.

At this point, I would expect any win against by Bama would be a lucky fluke for Bielema, based on a Bama breakdown. It would not change my mind that he is incompetent at SEC level.

Hawgphat

- - - then the sun never shines in Arizona, the jungles contain nothing but scrub brush, the Pope isn't Catholic, George Jones will be here tomorrow night, Metallica will have a tender love song hit, - - - and I'll be watching the wrong channel by mistake.

:(

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

logic

Of course that would change my opinion.  That implies he would deserve to stay until the end of the season and next year too if he takes us to a bowl and wins it too.

goodguytex

Quote from: Seebs on October 14, 2017, 08:49:20 am
If he wins out I will change mine to a yes.  And I don't mean after the Auburn game.
This!

hogsmash12

hawginbigd1

I am going streaking down Main!