Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The official “Say something nice about Missouri thread”.

Started by intoxhog, December 07, 2007, 11:10:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogMavFan

Quote from: cosmodrum on December 07, 2007, 11:25:39 am
1. Born in KC
2. The Chiefs (yeah, they suck monkey butt) and Arrowhead Stadium
3. The Royals (yeah, they will always suck monkey butt, love 'em just the same, though) and Kaufman Stadium
4. Worlds of Fun
5. Oceans of Fun
6. Fiorella's Jack Stack BBQ
7. Gates BBQ
8. Arthur Bryant's BBQ
9. NCAA Bball tourney
10. Independence, MO, home town of Harry S. Truman
11. Lake of the Ozarks
12. Branson, the redneck PG version of Vegas
13. Bass Pro Shops
13. Yes, Truman lake has some good fishing, I like the crappie
14. Mac-a-Doodles liquor store, NW AR types, you should know what I'm talking about

No particular order
I agree on the Jack Stack(and Smoke Stack) BBQ but that's about it. The Missouri side of KC has gone completely getto. Whatever happened to the Bannister Mall area. Also Arrowhead has seen better days.

stronguard

Chiefs, Arrowhead...........ummmmm......Variform......yep, thats it.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

HOGSWEAT

AUSTXHOG

Quote from: dacskc on December 07, 2007, 12:02:58 pm
The Birds on the Bat
(I will miss Eck, though)

I totally missed this news....is Eck gone?  Dang!

AUSTXHOG

Quote from: Ar_Hog on December 08, 2007, 12:28:45 am
Hermann, Mo.

The best Oktoberfest in the USA!

Have you been to BOktoberfest in Shiner, Texas?  It's quite the party as well?  I might have to check that one out.

AUSTXHOG

Hey, didn't Missouri give us toothpaste?  If it was invented anywhere else, wouldn't it be called teethpaste?

sloth501

Missouri provides a great buffer between us and Iowa....

They have "White Castle" up there....mmmmmmmmmm little chesseburgers......

JaxnHog

C:\Documents and Settings\David\My Documents\My Pictures\MissouriBlack.gif

SavageHog

JaxnHog

RazorsEdge

Quote from: razorbass on December 07, 2007, 10:47:47 pm
I know this because she used to ride in the back seat of my mach 1 mustang. she was my girlfriends friend. not very pretty back then.(Not my girlfriend, Sheryl.). 8)
Are you from Kennett?  My wife is from Qulin.

RazorsEdge

December 08, 2007, 10:45:45 am #211 Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 10:47:51 am by RazorsEdge
Quote from: JaxnHog on December 08, 2007, 10:37:34 am
how do you post pics

If I had to guess, I would say your name is probably David.  You need to use an online picture hosting site and load your picture on their server.  Then you link your post on here to your picture on the pic server.

cosmodrum

Quote from: HogMavFan on December 08, 2007, 01:58:10 am
I agree on the Jack Stack(and Smoke Stack) BBQ but that's about it. The Missouri side of KC has gone completely getto. Whatever happened to the Bannister Mall area. Also Arrowhead has seen better days.

Eh, Arrowhead's in pretty good shape, IMO. And the renovation looks like they will be a nice upgrade. And the KS side of KC doesn't count. There is only the MO side.

And good call on Smoke Stack. KC owns the world when it comes to BBQ, but I like me some Central BBQ and Rendezvouz in Mempho.
Go away, batin'

RypTyde

F*** Missouri.  I only posted one thing on their message board and got kicked off until 2008.  Freedom of speech doesn't mean $hit in tigerville.  They can kiss my a$$ . . .

Oh sorry I was supposed to say something nice . . . ummmmmm they didn't get killed too bad by Oklahoma.  While they got pounded so bad I hurt from watching, they still get to play in a bowl. 

Because tiger fans are so great, they can learn to live with the fact that Kansas is in a better bowl and they're about to be pounded by and SEC team with no official HC.  LOL.
Arkansas convert.  From Gator and Gamecock to hogwild.

intoxhog

Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

Hawgger

Alligator, Alligator, Alligator Piss.  If SH*T was a college They'd call it Ole Miss.

Hotty Toddy, Gosh Almighty, who the hell are we?  Flim Flam, Bim Bam, WHO THE FU@K GIVES A DAMN!!!

Bill CHILL

You're born an original, so why die a copy?

GWFan

Silver Dollar City
Marvel Cave
Gateway Arch
Mississippi River
Giving Arkansas the chance to beat two #1 rated teams in the same season.

secfan30

They are not Ole Miss. (I am sorry if someone already said this but after 7 Bud Selects I refuse to read the entire thread to find out)

josh_sec33

Beer just over the line above Benton County, and one of the nicer wine selections
St. James
St. Louis

um.....um.....large Razorback alumni base
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

txkrazorback

Nice things about Missouri
1They're nice people
2Churchill speech "Never Give Up!"
3Kenny Schrader and Kenny Wallace (two of the funnies NASCAR drivers)
4Samuel Clemens (for you Texas fans that's Mark Twain)
5They're not Texas
The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

HamShank

Mark (FREAKIN') Twain
The St. Louis Cards
Kansas City Blues (and bar-b-que)
Robert Altman
Walter Cronkite
T.S. Eliot (even if he abandoned the place)
George Washington Carver
Harry Truman

Thanks, Missouri, for all these folks (...but none of them were Tiger fans and I hope we beat you).

wholehog92

OK, I'll try.

Worked at whitewater my senior year, tourists shouldn't let their teenage daughter loose around the lifeguards their and then leave them in the hotel to go to a show is all I'm sayin.

Fast Bobs (Rapid Roberts) was fair about their prices and IDing policies.

The Cards

Macadoodles (I seem to have a habit of landing in a dry county)

Land prices drop when you cross the line from NWA

They are not Texas.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

CacheHog

RazorsEdge

Here is one of my favorite views of Table Rock Lake:

(it is the glare behind the smoker)

DeWayne R

When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

bigyellowdog

A few years back, I won 20 bucks in one of the Missouri Lottery's games.

softballguy8

Coach Petrino ... Welcome to Arkansas!