Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grant Hall Says it is off with BCG

Started by Coondog Hog, March 28, 2007, 02:12:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coondog Hog

Just heard him say on sports in the fort that the UofA was dooped by Gillespie and aTm.  He said the PTB on the hill are furious.

Embarrassment at the highest degree for the Hogs.

:puke: :puke: :puke:
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

GorillaJMonsoon

Duped by BCG?  Or BCG didnt sign right when JFB wanted him to?  There is a difference.  This kind of impatience and lack of consideration is what got us Nutt instead of Tuberville. 

Hugehogsfan

duped?? what because he didn't want to sign right this second.  They should have given him a few days until he was ready.  This is big time sports and if they weren't ready to play the game then they shouldn't have fired SH!

HoopS

Well guess what?   Maybe an 83 year old shouldn't be the one getting duped.   

We need a complete overhaul.

hoginsanfran

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on March 28, 2007, 02:14:34 pm
Duped by BCG?  Or BCG didnt sign right when JFB wanted him to?  There is a difference.  This kind of impatience and lack of consideration is what got us Nutt instead of Tuberville. 

BG wanted to wait until after the FF to see if KY or FLorida were open.... we were his #3 choice when he told us arkansas was #1

i'd be furious were i frank too

Coondog Hog

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan

dish13-hog

How hard is it to dupe an 83 year old man?

So easy a cavema... I mean Aggie can do it.
"In the 6 billion year history of this planet there has been ONLY ONE national high school player of the year from the state of Arkansas. Houston Nutt had him and lost him.
Believe it or not."  - Mike Irwin, 1/16/07

"Digger Phelps is a moron." - Me, 3/11/07

Winner

they clearly don't know what they're doing.

Oliver

Quote from: Coondog Hog on March 28, 2007, 02:12:11 pm
Just heard him say on sports in the fort that the UofA was dooped by Gillespie and aTm.  He said the PTB on the hill are furious.

Embarrassment at the highest degree for the Hogs.

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Not surprising.  It's real hard to pull a fast one on the idiots running our athletic department.

ArkansasI

What is there to figure out?  Either BG wants the job for $1.7M or he doesn't.  He shouldn't expect us to find out how much he can get elsewhere...

The moment he said let me see, it was time to move on.  If he gets a raise from A&M for this, then good for him.  But that does not mean that we don't know how to "play this game".

As fans, we overvalue these coaches.  I am glad that many on here do not control my checking account.  The attitude on here seems to be... we have it, so let's spend it.

If we acted as though this were our own money, maybe we would be more rational.

HogHillbilly

Quote from: Coondog Hog on March 28, 2007, 02:23:45 pm
We were BCG's Nebraska  >:( >:( >:(

Yep..................And JFB and PTB took it hook, line and sinker

Don't be shocked though if you see him at Kentucky !
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

hogfanwp

Just think about what the aggie boards are saying right now.  We did everything but spit in their faces taunting them that we were getting their coach.  Well once again the joke is on us. Maybe next time we will be a little more humble.  How much creditability did this board just lose? 

Coondog Hog

It is going to be a long hill to climb now
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

beachhawg

He either wants the job or not.  Honestly guys you know he wanted to wait (BCG) until KY or Fla said no. 
I think what Frank did was right.  He offered, wanted a descion without playing second fiddle. 
I dont think he will make the same mistake this time on his way out like he did with nutt.  Hang on until this is over.

RedPhilo

Don't just think...see for yourself.

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=845819&forum_id=6

Quote from: hogfanwp on March 28, 2007, 02:32:59 pm
Just think about what the aggie boards are saying right now.  We did everything but spit in their faces taunting them that we were getting their coach.  Well once again the joke is on us. Maybe next time we will be a little more humble.  How much creditability did this board just lose? 

jiggedy jared

hawgsav1

Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

HogHillbilly

NONE !

How can this board help it if BG duped and misled the U of A ?
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

cosmodrum

Well if the PTB are so damn furious, then they need to pony up the bucks, go get a BIG TIME coach!!! Then, they can all whip out their Dales, and take piss in the direction of the toilet that is CS.

Signing Turgeon, Sadler, etc, would just make us look even dumber. The laughs would just get louder.

BOT, you got cash? You want to win? Then f*@$#in prove it, and go get your Arkansas Razorbacks a coach that'll put arses in the seats, and Xs in the W column!!!!!!!

Go away, batin'

coachp

Exactly what I have been thinking.  BCG never gave any word that he was coming people need to get off his back.  it is JFB's fault.

ToY

hogfanwp

March 28, 2007, 02:42:34 pm #21 Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 02:45:51 pm by hogfanwp
Quote from: ToY on March 28, 2007, 02:41:05 pm

That's good...

Call Mr. Sow

Quote from: donewithdale on March 28, 2007, 02:39:56 pm
F- the grassguarding cult members.  Their behavior this week was worse, more immature than any fan base we've ever dealt with including LSU's. 

No doubt.  A&M fans yesterday have turned me into a Longhorn fan for one day a year now. 

coachp

Quote from: HogHillbilly on March 28, 2007, 02:38:53 pm

Sorry, BCG did not mislead anyone.  It Was known that he was not coming by those who have sources outside Arkansas.  The boys on the Hill were feeding everyone sh** and that includes anyone in the national press they could get to listen.

NONE !

HogNuttz

I called that play, brotha!!!

And actually, there are some differences.  Very few Nebraska fans wanted Nutt, most wanted Bo Pelini.  We wanted BG.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

coachp

NONE !

coachp

March 28, 2007, 02:47:57 pm #26 Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 02:50:21 pm by coachp

NONE !

Sorry, BCG did not mislead anyone.  It Was known that he was not coming by those who have sources outside Arkansas.  The boys on the Hill were feeding everyone sh** and that includes anyone in the national press they could get to listen.

Yes, this and every other board which said BCg was a "done deal" lost a lot of credibilty!

cbjagman

Quote from: HogNuttz on March 28, 2007, 02:44:15 pm

I called that play, brotha!!!

And actually, there are some differences.  Very few Nebraska fans wanted Nutt, most wanted Bo Pelini.  We wanted BG.
How could you possibly say that? After all, HDN has courage and is a fighter.

solix

[/quote]

No doubt.  A&M fans yesterday have turned me into a Longhorn fan for one day a year now. 
[/quote]

let's not go that far now

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 28, 2007, 02:40:03 pm
Well if the PTB are so damn furious, then they need to pony up the bucks, go get a BIG TIME coach!!! Then, they can all whip out their Dales, and take piss in the direction of the toilet that is CS.

Signing Turgeon, Sadler, etc, would just make us look even dumber. The laughs would just get louder.

BOT, you got cash? You want to win? Then f*@$#in prove it, and go get your Arkansas Razorbacks a coach that'll put arses in the seats, and Xs in the W column!!!!!!!

Spot On! I'd +1 ya if I could!

fightintexasaggie

I'm guessing if you boys knew what really happened you would be even more furious.

I don't think for one minute that:1) BCG ever showed or indicated any interest in UA 2) ever spoke to anyone about $ 3) or insisted that it wait until other job vacancies could be weighed

It is probably simply this - he is flattered to be considered, as anyone would, but is not interested.

EVERYTHING you guys are hearing "from sources close to BCG or FB" is probably just message board rumors.

He didn't take the call from Indiana, and he ain't takin one from Arkansas.

Good day to you sirs.

jodygaston

Sometimes we have to take a deep breath and remember, we are from Arkansas.  I love it here.  I chose to come back here.  But for most of the world, living near Houston Texas (more places to eat, more hot babes, more cultural activities, more sports) is a major bonus.

NuttHugger

Message board and creditability don't usually come in the same sentence.
John White "What you gonna do with a tree that big?"

Jimmy Sexton "Bend over and I'll show you."

HoggieStyle

Arkansas = aTm's bitch.

Thanks, Frank.

coachp

Quote from: fightintexasaggie on March 28, 2007, 02:51:04 pm
I'm guessing if you boys knew what really happened you would be even more furious.

I don't think for one minute that:1) BCG ever showed or indicated any interest in UA 2) ever spoke to anyone about $ 3) or insisted that it wait until other job vacancies could be weighed

It is probably simply this - he is flattered to be considered, as anyone would, but is not interested.

EVERYTHING you guys are hearing "from sources close to BCG or FB" is probably just message board rumors.

He didn't take the call from Indiana, and he ain't takin one from Arkansas.

Good day to you sirs.
You are right.

pikehog

JFB should have retired a year ago. What has happened over the course of the last year and what will occur in the next 9 months will destroy his legacy.

Couldn't have happened to a nice a**hole.

ally_mcsqueal

March 28, 2007, 02:54:53 pm #36 Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 02:56:39 pm by ally_mcsqueal
Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 28, 2007, 02:20:47 pm
Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on March 28, 2007, 02:14:34 pm

BG wanted to wait until after the FF to see if KY or FLorida were open.... we were his #3 choice when he told us arkansas was #1

i'd be furious were i frank too

IS it just me or (if your scenario is the case) maybe this is just as well?  If he wasn't sure he wanted to be here, who's to say he wasn't gonna bolt the first time he got a chance?  Do we really want to be in the same boat aTm is in this time two years from now if Duke or some other bigger program gets their next opening?

While I'll be FURIOUS if we hire Sadler after firing Stan instead of giving him another year, if BG really wasn't sure he wanted to be here or was playing us for more money, maybe it's just as well we didn't get him in the long term.  It would be nice for us to have SOMETHING that's stable for the next few years. 

Frank's retiring.  John McDonald ain't getting any younger.  Houston's job is less than stable.  It would be nice to hire a basketball coach we're not gonna have to turn around and replace next year with our brand spanking new, unproven AD at that point.  We for DARN sure don't want a basketball equivalent of HDN who's gonna take us for a ride.    Haven't we suffered enough at this point?

RandyFromJohnson

Quote from: BBailey on March 28, 2007, 02:35:04 pm
He either wants the job or not.  Honestly guys you know he wanted to wait (BCG) until KY or Fla said no. 
I think what Frank did was right.  He offered, wanted a descion without playing second fiddle. 
I dont think he will make the same mistake this time on his way out like he did with nutt.  Hang on until this is over.
This is most telling of JFB's decline in effectiveness. Sometimes you just have to know your position in the marketplace. No offense, but right now we're not on the same level as UK or UF by any estimation. To issue an ultimatum to who is, by most accounts, "your guy" is very short-sighted and indicative of someone with a larger than realistic view of himself. By issuing the ultimatum all JFB did was ASSURE that BCG would not be coming.

coachp

Quote from: HoggieStyle on March 28, 2007, 02:51:20 pm
Arkansas = aTm's bitch.

Thanks, Frank.

This is one of the lowest days in UA history.  Not even able to get a BASKETBALL coach from Aggie.  It would be different if it was football but it is not.  We are Aggie's Bit**.

Damn painkillers from my wisdom extractions on Monday is not killing this pain.  My posts are sloppy as hell though.

hogfanwp

F- the grassguarding cult members.  Their behavior this week was worse, more immature than any fan base we've ever dealt with including LSU's. 

Their behavior!?!!  Did you not read anything that was posted on here yesterday, or all week?  I'm not saying we are all to blame, but some of the things I read on here yesterday embarrassed me.  I thought Razorback fans had more class than that.  Once we think we have one up-ed someone else then we start our trash talking. What's funny is reading the post today.  I've never seen so much crawfishing in my life. Oh and by the way looks like they were right he isn't going anywhere!!! 

Call Mr. Sow

Quote from: jodygaston on March 28, 2007, 02:51:06 pm
Sometimes we have to take a deep breath and remember, we are from Arkansas.  I love it here.  I chose to come back here.  But for most of the world, living near Houston Texas (more places to eat, more hot babes, more cultural activities, more sports) is a major bonus.

Since Houston is without question the worst city in the United States, I have a hard time believing that to be true.  I'd rather live in Detroit or Starkville. 

hogfanwp

Quote from: RedPhilo on March 28, 2007, 02:37:41 pm
Don't just think...see for yourself.

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=845819&forum_id=6

See I think that is funny!!  I really do.  I think we deserve that.  Don't get me wrong a lot of it yesterday I know was in fun, but there are a lot of people eatting crow today!!

fightintexasaggie

Quote from: donewithdale on March 28, 2007, 03:00:04 pm

I think you may have missed some of the X rated childish things Ags posted on here.  Never has a fan base behaved like they have. 

You guys were very smug and provoking.

I will never say that you deserved it, but what you did was bad form.

Call Mr. Sow

Quote from: hogfanwp on March 28, 2007, 02:55:29 pm

Their behavior!?!!  Did you not read anything that was posted on here yesterday, or all week?  I'm not saying we are all to blame, but some of the things I read on here yesterday embarrassed me.  I thought Razorback fans had more class than that.  Once we think we have one up-ed someone else then we start our trash talking. What's funny is reading the post today.  I've never seen so much crawfishing in my life. Oh and by the way looks like they were right he isn't going anywhere!!! 

It was the pictures far more than the trash-talk that convinced me to root for the Longhorns every year from here on out whenever they play the Ags. 

hogfanwp

Quote from: donewithdale on March 28, 2007, 03:00:04 pm
Quote from: hogfanwp on March 28, 2007, 02:55:29 pm

I think you may have missed some of the X rated childish things Ags posted on here.  Never has a fan base behaved like they have. 

You're right I know I didn't see everything.  I just wonder though if we didn't provoke it that is all, because we were all so sure BG was coming that's all...

Call Mr. Sow

Quote from: coachp on March 28, 2007, 02:55:20 pm
Quote from: HoggieStyle on March 28, 2007, 02:51:20 pm
Arkansas = aTm's bitch.

Thanks, Frank.

This is one of the lowest days in UA history.  Not even able to get a BASKETBALL coach from Aggie.  It would be different if it was football but it is not.  We are Aggie's Bit**.

I totally agree, between the FB coach and this Bball debacle, I'm not sure we've ever been this low as a program, at least not since we got beat by the Citadel.  Not exactly the best time for the RF to be out seeking their donations. 

MCheisman

Quote from: jodygaston on March 28, 2007, 02:51:06 pm
Sorry about that, Houston is a dump and the worst big city in the country.

Coondog Hog

Not getting BCG is not the worst part of this, there are many good coaches out there.  The worst part of this is the perception of UA that the rest of the nation has, the rest of the country and the SEC believe we are not significant enough to land the big fish.  There has been nothing in our history make us look as small time as we do right now.  We got owned this week and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it now. >:( >:( :puke: >:( >:( :puke:
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

NuttinItUp

Boo.

I thought it would come to this though.

LZH

I have just about lost all interest in Razorback sports...if Frank screws this up, I'm not sure if I would really care or not.