Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

student worker for Texas A&M athletics here.... (UK lean)

Started by AgTR811, March 26, 2007, 02:16:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AgTR811

people around here have been mentioning you guys a lot over the past week or so (regarding our basketball coach Billy Gillispie), which is odd since Kentucky is who everyone/ESPN is talking about. I just saw that your head coach was fired, do you guys have something in the works to come after Gillispie? the guy i work under has been on the phone off and on today and he's been talking about a 'counteroffer' and it sounds like its NOT kentucky.... whats the deal?

Hawgvillain

Sounds like you know exactly what the deal is...BCG is coming to the Hill.  Good luck with the coaching search.

pigmania

BCG is coming to Fayetteville. Now all the aggotts who have been coming on here stiring up trouble are about to eat some crow.

Ray$

Listen to the conversation closer and keep us posted

IHateVitale

Darren McFadden~The greatest Razorback ever.  501 baby

hog_heaven_2000

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Table Rocker

WMHawgfan

dotnet

just to throw this out there, there is a good chance this guy is just making crap up to get everyone over here excited.  Then him and his little aggie friends at websider or Texags (the parts you can't read) will laugh at everyone running with something that is nothing.

HogHillbilly

Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

RocknRollRazorback

Quote from: dotnet on March 26, 2007, 02:34:00 pm
just to throw this out there, there is a good chance this guy is just making crap up to get everyone over here excited.  Then him and his little aggie friends at websider or Texags (the parts you can't read) will laugh at everyone running with something that is nothing.

i have to agree. i don't really believe that someone working for the athletic dept has no idea "what's the deal"
"You're no rock and roll fun! Like a party that's over before it begun. You're no walk in the park- more like a shot in the dark with clues left for no one."

enl35794

Quote from: WMHawgfan on March 26, 2007, 02:29:44 pm
Hear ya go Aggie worker. Click on the link below it should fill you in.
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6612092

Nobody is making anything up. Read the article. Fox Sports has a source that says we could introduce Gillispie tomorrow. He's our new ball coach, and I'm happy as can be. With the team we've got, he's a good enough coach that we can do some stuff next year. Not just make the tourney, but actually win in the tourney.
"And I took the butcher knife and put it up to her neck. I said if you want to live to see tomorrow, you better start frying them eggs a little bit better than what you frying. I'm tired of eating sloppy, slimy eggs."

Jesco White

BigSnout

Try showing some class to this poster.  He was polite and actually offered some good info.

Hopefully the counteroffer referenced is not one from A&M to BCG.

spehog

We sure as hell better have BG because I doubt fans will settle for anyone less. If we get some mid-major boy then my season tickets are gone.

Woo Pig.
Woo Pig.

okiehawg

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

hogs dont cry

Exactly.  Come on people, you're not that stupid.

AgTR811

i guess i cant "prove" anything about my intentions but i just want to see what you guys thought. seriously, arkansas would be coming out of nowhere to me!

HogNuttz

If BCG pulls a Nutt/Nebraska move and gets an oceanliner full of money to stay at aTm, I hope the Aggie fans come back and rub it in.  Bait them and let their numbers on the board multiply, then if BCG is indeed the new head hoop hog, you can talk smack all you want, there will be more people over here to trash, and your opponent will have no outs.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

RhodeHog

Quote from: AgTR811 on March 26, 2007, 04:18:55 pm
i guess i cant "prove" anything about my intentions but i just want to see what you guys thought. seriously, arkansas would be coming out of nowhere to me!

His name has came up locally here for quite a while.  It doesn't surprise me that you guys didn't see it coming since it hasn't been discussed nationally until today.  I hope your coaching search goes well...it sounds like to me it's a done deal.

RhodeHog

Quote from: AgTR811 on March 26, 2007, 04:18:55 pm

His name has came up locally here for quite a while.  It doesn't surprise me that you guys didn't see it coming since it hasn't been discussed nationally until today.  I hope your coaching search goes well...it sounds like to me it's a done deal.

WADHOG

Give me a break, "Something about a counter offer.........", come on guys!!  Yeah, I got some breaking news from BCG's janitor yada yada yada....

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: RocknRollRazorback on March 26, 2007, 02:36:40 pm

i have to agree. i don't really believe that someone working for the athletic dept has no idea "what's the deal"

Thats the funniest freakin picture i have ever seen

chiefsfan

Before Arkansas can hire Gillespe, they must interview Dickey Nutt first

its a rule
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

HOGansHero

Quote from: Karma on March 26, 2007, 02:45:20 pm

If the counteroffer was from A&M, knowing an Aggie...they probably countered with a lower offer than his salary is now!

hogsailor

"Texas A&M is perhaps acting fast because of rumors of Arkansas' and Kentucky's interest in Gillispie for their recently vacated head-coaching positions. Reports today have Gillispie already in Fayetteville, Ark., interviewing for the Razorbacks post just hours after Stan Heath was fired. Another report had the school prepared to introduce Gillispie as the head coach as early as Tuesday.

The problem with both those rumors is that Gillispie is in his office at Texas A&M, according to several people in the athletic department, including associate athletic director Alan Cannon and associate sports information director Colin Killian."

Ya recon they get those rumors from boards?

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert