Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tim Brando is right on the money this tweet

Started by forrest city joe, February 17, 2017, 10:09:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 17, 2017, 01:20:58 pm
And my point is that Mike Anderson has a role in having to have so many new players. Some stuff is out of his hands, but some stuff (like recruiting over Whitt for some odd reason) is not. Not being able to sign a guard in the 2013 class when he knew B.J. was leaving was completely inexcusable and is part of the reason why there are so many new players on this team instead of another senior guard. Things like that. But there's never any blame on Mike, only excuses and explaining stuff away by saying stuff like "things happen for whatever reason." You would not encounter so much flack from people if you were more fair and criticized Anderson where necessary (and there have been some necessary moments in the over years). Instead, all you do is ride for him tell everyone how wrong they are about him even though they are providing so much more logic, reasoning and factional data than you ever do. Fans that are unhappy are not the enemy.
In their eyes, CMA is a victim. The roster was out of his control (talking about a free pass). This team is playing hard, but it took him 6 years to play a zone and we have no pg or 4 on HIS roster. His timeline will be infinite in their eyes, just holding out the hope that he can get us to the tournament so they can say "I told you so". It doesn't matter if it happens in year 8,10, or 20.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

raz1965

I do agree that we should all wait till seasons end to evaluate how this team preformed, ups and downs are normal for basketball teams. People panic so fast on hogville, panic feeds crazy and crazy feeds more crazy, hogville I say. The past is gone and the future is all that is left and it appears that Mike is set to get the hogs back to being a top program in the future. A solid foundation has now been built, it took longer than we wanted but it is there, no doubt.

Atlhogfan1

Think I'm seeing where this Nutt synergy is heading:  Season 9!

Season 9 for Nutt:  Dmac, Felix, Hillis, Monk, a competent defense with some NFL talent.  It all came together 9 seasons in.

Season 9 is lining up for CJ Jones + the next two recruiting classes + Justice Hill and whomever he and daddy can find to bring with them. 

Stay around as coach of Arkansas long enough and things might fall in place for you. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

daprospecta

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 17, 2017, 02:47:33 pm
Think I'm seeing where this Nutt synergy is heading:  Season 9!

Season 9 for Nutt:  Dmac, Felix, Hillis, Monk, a competent defense with some NFL talent.  It all came together 9 seasons in.

Season 9 is lining up for CJ Jones + the next two recruiting classes + Justice Hill and whomever he and daddy can find to bring with them. 

Stay around as coach of Arkansas long enough and things might fall in place for you. 
So why did things fall into place 2014-2015?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: daprospecta on February 17, 2017, 02:51:30 pm
So why did things fall into place 2014-2015?

Did they?  The Winthrop win going to be the peak?  "27 wins!"
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 10:25:50 am
Yes he did. that's one the the reasons i said i was not a big Brando fan. but he is right on the money about this one.

You only think that because he said something you agree with. Funny how that works, guy is a whack job UNTIL he agrees with you. Then again, you wanted to sign Pelphrey to a long term deal.................
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

daprospecta

Quote from: porkinsons disease on February 17, 2017, 02:39:19 pm
In their eyes, CMA is a victim. The roster was out of his control (talking about a free pass). This team is playing hard, but it took him 6 years to play a zone and we have no pg or 4 on HIS roster. His timeline will be infinite in their eyes, just holding out the hope that he can get us to the tournament so they can say "I told you so". It doesn't matter if it happens in year 8,10, or 20.
We have both but they are not necessarily playing as such. Beard is a PG.  Thompson is a 4. Cook is a 4/5.  Just because we don't have great talent at those positions does not mean we don't have players for those positions.  I put the rosters woes on Mike except last year.  Can't predict you have to kick off a player who was the conference usa player of the year and to suspend a budding Beard. 

daprospecta

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 17, 2017, 02:55:32 pm
Did they?  The Winthrop win going to be the peak?  "27 wins!"
Sir, you said a good season, not peak.  After years of no tourney, 2014-2015 was a good year.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: daprospecta on February 17, 2017, 03:20:17 pm
Sir, you said a good season, not peak.  After years of no tourney, 2014-2015 was a good year.

Agreed.  It was a good year.

WilsonHog

Quote from: daprospecta on February 17, 2017, 02:20:16 pm
Go back and read what he said. "go hogs- trying to be a big fan again" Sounds like he is only a big fan when we are performing well.  Once again, some just don't want to admit to being bandwagon fans.

I do not define being a "fan" as meaning that I support a coach 24/7, no matter what. If you show me someone who does, I will call that person what he is: a simpleton who does not possess the ability to think objectively about something he loves.

kaiserhog

Joe, you are very true to your convictions but bringing Tim Brando into this doesn't help your argument.

HoopS

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 10:13:18 am
Thank god you created another thread shouting your love for MA.  I believe they let you troll around here to keep the traffic up.
how is showing support for the head coach of our team trolling?

HogBreath

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 12:29:02 pm
Like every other coach in college basketball.  At least we do not recruit well enough that we have to worry about one-and-dones
Don't forget about the transfers..they're kinda 1 & dones.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

HogBreath

Quote from: daprospecta on February 17, 2017, 03:19:11 pm
We have both but they are not necessarily playing as such. Beard is a PG.  Thompson is a 4. Cook is a 4/5.  Just because we don't have great talent at those positions does not mean we don't have players for those positions.  I put the rosters woes on Mike except last year.  Can't predict you have to kick off a player who was the conference usa player of the year and to suspend a budding Beard. 
It would be great if Beard was a point guard, he's not though.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: King Kong on February 17, 2017, 10:32:26 am
Mike is a good coach. Anyone debating that is incorrect.

Is he an elite coach? Doesn't appear to be. Will he take us to 3 final 4's in 4 years? Heck No

Will he take us to a Final 4? Extremely unlikely. Will he take us to an Elite 8? probably not.
This.is spot  on.

WMHawgfan

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 10:09:40 am
Tim Brando ‏@TimBrando 3h3 hours ago

Last week on twitter whack jobs in Arkansas were firing Mike Anderson on twitter. CBB is different now than it used to be. Mike can Coach!

For once i agree with Tim Brando. not a big fan of his.but he is right on the money on this one.
Good thing we don't have any whacky fans video taping themselves ranting about firing a coach. Now that would be embarrassing.

realistichog

I am a proud and loyal whack job. One lucky win against a good team does not erase the terrible losses and the lack of ncaat appearances. If thinking that Arkansas can get a coach that can take the program to a higher level makes me a whack job then I am guilty.

TheEnemy

Quote from: elksnort on February 17, 2017, 10:49:25 am
Good post. Only the darkest of folks want CMA to fail. He has the talent NOW to make the NCAAt. I really believe this. I do also think that he knows basketball, but sometimes he is very stubborn when adjustments could/should be made.

The inconsistency is what drives most of us crazy.

I don't want CMA to fail.  Its just my opinion that CMA style is just not gonna work over the long haul and that the hogs would be better off going ahead and making the change instead of waiting a couple more years down the line.

It absolutely drives me crazy watching how bad we are at getting the ball in the paint without just solely relying on beating a defender off the dribble.

That would solve our problem of going on long drought when our shots aren't falling.  It is insane we cannot get the ball down low to our bigs.

The OTR

Now Joe, I remember one time when Brando said something that got you so hot under the collar that there was quite a bit of chatter of us loading up an "apology bus" and driving that thing down to Oxford and getting you an apology from HDC and Timmy B. 

Does anyone else remember that?

You just keep setting yourself up for grief on here with what some would say are contradictions.  I have no problem with you painting yourself into a corner every week and then having to paint yourself out of it.  Makes for excellent entertainment as the usual suspects try to trick you with logic and facts and statistics. You are like Andre the Giant in a battle royal.  Everybody's coming after you and you're head butting folks right and left and tossing people aside like rag dolls and when the dust settles you stand tall in the middle of the ring, victorious once again.

Good work, Joe.  Brando was spot on this time.  Doesn't happen often but this time he was. Let's start talking about the game tomorrow and start focusing in on those dirty cheating SEC refs.

The OTR

The OTR

Tim Brando was wrong and is a hack. he looks like a fool for making those statements.Dork is what i thought he was.

FCJ - 2011

MikePiazza

Gonna try to make equivalency here for a second, and before you say it, I know it's an apples to oranges comparison, but hear me out.

Mike's record at Arkansas and how it would equate to a football record:

2011-12 18-14 (6-10); 6-6 (3-5)
2012-13 19-13 (10-8); 7-5 (4-4)
2013-14 22-12 (10-8); 8-4 (4-4)
2014-15 27-9 (13-5); 10-2 (6-2)
2015-16 16-16 (9-9); 5-7 (3-5)
2016-17 19-7 (8-5); 7-3 (4-3)

Fans would be very happy with him in football. He would be 31-17 through four years, and be 17-15 in conference. A down fifth year, but what appears to be a bounce-back sixth year.

I know the groupthink on here is that HDN was dreadful for the program, and he did have some major character flaws, but 75 wins in 10 years was solid. He was 30-18 through four years, not 25-26 and blowing leads to bad teams to end his fourth year.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 01:28:55 pm

FCJ logic...  I hate Brando, he thinks we should keep Hootie.  I love Brando, he said Arkansas fans are crazy for wanting Mediocre Mike fired.  Crap, I hate Brando again, he called us out for our consistently weak schedule since MA took over with only marginal success.

Lol.  +1,000.....as joe would say !
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Torqued pork

Anyone who has listened to Brando knows he doesn't think Arkansas should be or expect to be good in anything.

alohawg

Mike is by all accounts a great guy......who happens to be a coach. That's as close as great and coach should be in a sentence about him.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

MountieDawg

Brando is right, he just best the #27 RPI team in America, he has won an NCAAT game while at Arkansas... Fire MA is crazy, build a statue.
SEC!

3kgthog

The fact that our play on the court causes these back and forth pissing matches every week tells me enough about the quality of our coach. Consistent inconsistency. What a way to get a program's mojo back.

If you enjoy being depressed about the program and earning only one NCAAT berth every five to six years, by all means, stay on the Mike train. I won't be joining you. I'm taking Marty, Doc, a hoverboard, and Clara Clayton and we're going to sit at the edge of Anderson Ravine and wait for the inevitable crash.

Lanny

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 10:13:18 am
Thank god you created another thread shouting your love for MA.  I believe they let you troll around here to keep the traffic up.
FC Joe has the same green light to post about Anderson that you do. 
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

HogBreath

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 18, 2017, 04:46:58 am
Brando is right, he just best the #27 RPI team in America, he has won an NCAAT game while at Arkansas... Fire MA is crazy, build a statue.
Exactly right...+1550!!  Who can ever forget the big win over Winford in the dance!

TheEnemy

Quote from: Torqued pork on February 17, 2017, 11:38:49 pm
Anyone who has listened to Brando knows he doesn't think Arkansas should be or expect to be good in anything.

Exactly.

Why its crazy to reference him.

TheEnemy

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 17, 2017, 10:38:21 pm
Gonna try to make equivalency here for a second, and before you say it, I know it's an apples to oranges comparison, but hear me out.

Mike's record at Arkansas and how it would equate to a football record:

2011-12 18-14 (6-10); 6-6 (3-5)
2012-13 19-13 (10-8); 7-5 (4-4)
2013-14 22-12 (10-8); 8-4 (4-4)
2014-15 27-9 (13-5); 10-2 (6-2)
2015-16 16-16 (9-9); 5-7 (3-5)
2016-17 19-7 (8-5); 7-3 (4-3)

Fans would be very happy with him in football. He would be 31-17 through four years, and be 17-15 in conference. A down fifth year, but what appears to be a bounce-back sixth year.

I know the groupthink on here is that HDN was dreadful for the program, and he did have some major character flaws, but 75 wins in 10 years was solid. He was 30-18 through four years, not 25-26 and blowing leads to bad teams to end his fourth year.

Apples to Oranges.  You can't compare win/losses with football.   

And really its not about wins and losses in Basketball.  Its about Conference titles, Conference Tourney Titles, and NCAA Tourney  results.....with a large emphasis on NCAA Tourney results.

hobhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 10:31:52 am
Has nothing to do with what he said. he said you people who want Mike Anderson fired are whack jobs.

If we don't make the tournament count me as a whack job. Nothing has changed yet.

Brando was and is big HDN fan too BTW.

MikePiazza

Quote from: TheEnemy on February 18, 2017, 08:52:41 am
Apples to Oranges.  You can't compare win/losses with football.   

And really its not about wins and losses in Basketball.  Its about Conference titles, Conference Tourney Titles, and NCAA Tourney  results.....with a large emphasis on NCAA Tourney results.

Yes, NCAA Tournaments are what matters. This team is tracking towards that, and should be in it the next 3-4 years with the recruiting they've done.

TheEnemy

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 18, 2017, 09:11:06 am
Yes, NCAA Tournaments are what matters. This team is tracking towards that, and should be in it the next 3-4 years with the recruiting they've done.

Its not just making tourneys...its about tourney results.

We should be in the tourney 3 out of 4 years.
Tourney run of Sweet Sixteen or better 1 out of 5 years
And make the 2nd round of the Tourney 50% of the tourney appearances.

MikePiazza

Quote from: TheEnemy on February 18, 2017, 09:31:00 am
Its not just making tourneys...its about tourney results.

We should be in the tourney 3 out of 4 years.
Tourney run of Sweet Sixteen or better 1 out of 5 years
And make the 2nd round of the Tourney 50% of the tourney appearances.

Those are your expectations. Good thing you don't call the shots. But there isn't anything wrong with those expectations.

code red

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 10:09:40 am
Tim Brando ‏@TimBrando 3h3 hours ago

Last week on twitter whack jobs in Arkansas were firing Mike Anderson on twitter. CBB is different now than it used to be. Mike can Coach!

For once i agree with Tim Brando. not a big fan of his.but he is right on the money on this one.
I almost never agree with Brando....especially now.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HoopS

I am still on board but we need to make it.

rljjr

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 10:28:40 am
He called people like you whack a whack job.why do you think he did that?he has no Dog in the fight one way or the other.

Brando actually enjoys calling ANYONE from Arkansas a whack job. He can't help it. He's a corn dog. Don't let his bias be more than it is.

lunchbox72703

Man on Hot Seat is Man with Fire under his ARSE.......

Man with fire under his Arse is Man with Ants in Pants.......

Man with Ants in Pants should probably have that checked out.....