Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dee Williams decomits, chooses Tulsa......

Started by Hollywood_HOGan45, July 06, 2007, 06:28:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan45

July 06, 2007, 06:28:01 am Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 09:22:06 pm by WindyCityHog
according to the Tulsa World, Dee williams has switched to Tulsa because of the lure of playing for Gus Malzahn.

The Coletrain

That's an odd decision. ???  Leave the SEC for C-USA without even seeing how both Arkansas and Tulsa's seasons play out??  I hope he hasn't jumped the gun with that one.  But the one thing we do know is this is a deep, deep WR class both in-state and around the country.  So if we do lose a guy that's the spot we can afford to do it.   
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

hogsfan4l1fe

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on July 06, 2007, 06:28:01 am
according to the Tulsa World, Dee williams has switched to Tulsa because of the lure of playing for Gus Malzahn.

Prepare for a rivals spin unlike anything you have ever seen.

351hog

I hope this is not true...but I think he sees the writing on the wall.  We got Cruz and are going after Adams, Childs, and Wright, not to mention a few others from outside the state.  I think the coaching staff has put a higher priority to bringing those guys in this year and Dee might feel left out. 

sage_dragoon

Sorry to hear that but I was wondering how many WR we were gonna take in this class. I wonder if this was a combo of Gus recruiting him again and perhaps UA backing off him in hopes of getting some of the prep WR prospects. It is kinda weird that he switches now, if he wanted to be with Gus all along, why commit to UA well after Gus was already at Tulsa. Good luck at Tulsa Dee!
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

Razorback Homer

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

younghog

GO HOGS

Hoop

Blaming Alex Wood for any problems with the offense is like blaming a spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.-Swino

Hiring Dana Altman would be about as sexy as waking up in the morning to find your grandma with one tit in the coffee and the other in the oatmeal. -Wilsonhog

stevenwayneslane

That is going to be a trend guys. Like it or not that is going to happen more than once or twice. There is a big difference in personalities and philosophies

younghog

July 06, 2007, 08:41:48 am #10 Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 08:45:03 am by younghog
Quote from: Hoop on July 06, 2007, 08:36:10 am
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/football/article.aspx?articleID=070706_2_B2_Junio00274&breadcrumb=College

thanks for the link...

Slick coming as well..

They will do very well in that lower tiered conference..

Problem is .... Scouts and I know a few.. Will say the same thing..

~go FIGURE

I mean GO HOGS
GO HOGS

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Wow.  I didn't realize slick shelly had transferred over there too.

blueshog2001

Good Luck to him.  I guess with all of the depth at WR this year; I would rather have someone for 4 yrs instead of 2. Does this mean we can offer Taylor?

Hawgasaurus

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

Apathy

Obviously Dee does not "love the helmet" the requisite amount.

younghog

GO HOGS

ListenHereMister

Good luck to Dee.
Hope he has a great career at Tulsa.

COCHISE

Quote from: blueshog2001 on July 06, 2007, 08:42:50 am
Good Luck to him.  I guess with all of the depth at WR this year; I would rather have someone for 4 yrs instead of 2. Does this mean we can offer Taylor?
I would think the coaching staff will be giving Stockemer a much stronger look now, it could also help with our chances at getting Childs, Adams, and/or Wright.

351hog

Quote from: 870 RZR on July 06, 2007, 09:16:04 am
Quote from: blueshog2001 on July 06, 2007, 08:42:50 am
I would think the coaching staff will be giving Stockemer a much stronger look now, it could also help with our chances at getting Childs, Adams, and/or Wright.

I think its the other way around....Dee left b/c of our chances of getting Childs, Wright, and Adams.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on July 06, 2007, 06:28:01 am

I knew Gus had been recruiting hard ever since he committed to Arkansas.  This just means that a spot has opened up for someone else. 

cbjagman

Wish the young man the best. I don't, however, think we will miss him all that much. I have a feeling we will end up with several very good wrs in this upcoming class.

LA Football fan

Dee leaving had nothing to do with Cruz, Childs, or Wright.  He is older, stronger, and just as fast as those guys, with college experience under his belt.  He left because he obviously felt he would be thrown to more in Gus's system, plain and simple.  Remember, Wright and Childs have not committed yet so why would that influence him coming to Arkansas?  In fact Wright just said he was going to wait and so will Childs.  They are obviously wanting to see which direction Lee takes the offense this season.  If they see the second leading receiver has 19 receptions on the year again, I highly doubt they will be in a hurry to play for Nutt.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: LA Football fan on July 06, 2007, 01:05:24 pm
Dee leaving had nothing to do with Cruz, Childs, or Wright.  He is older, stronger, and just as fast as those guys, with college experience under his belt.  He left because he obviously felt he would be thrown to more in Gus's system, plain and simple.  Remember, Wright and Childs have not committed yet so why would that influence him coming to Arkansas?  In fact Wright just said he was going to wait and so will Childs.  They are obviously wanting to see which direction Lee takes the offense this season.  If they see the second leading receiver has 19 receptions on the year again, I highly doubt they will be in a hurry to play for Nutt.

If they can win 10 games running the ball, I don't give  a damn if they never pass the ball.  They really don't need but 1 or 2 more recievers in this class and I don't see Dee Williams as a serious loss.  He is good but recievers are a dime a dozen in 2008.

LA Football fan

Neither does Florida, LSU, or Wisconsin care if Arkansas can pass the ball.  They are content to not have to defend the pass and actually win an SEC championship or bowl game. 

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: LA Football fan on July 06, 2007, 01:32:35 pm
Neither does Florida, LSU, or Wisconsin care if Arkansas can pass the ball.  They are content to not have to defend the pass and actually win an SEC championship or bowl game. 

Tommie Frazier sure did air it out when they stumped a mud hole in Florida's ass to win the NC.

Wu Tang Clan

I am not even a fan of Houston Nutt fan, but I don't see the loss of a recruit that can be easily replaced as that big of a deal.  The reason why Florida's passing game is effective is because they have 4 and 5 star recievers all over the field.  I don't care what they do as long as they win.  I will take 10 wins any season in the SEC.

SoTexHog

With all respect to the young man in question does him coming or not coming make that big a deal?  Looking at the WR's that could be in the '08 class does it not make sense for him to pursue his career somewhere else.  I'm not sure he's not moving to have a better shot a playing time as anything to do with a coach or coaches.

LA Football fan

This is the deal guys.  Right now it is a big deal because we only have "one" WR commit in Cruz.   Doesn't matter how many are out there, they are not committed yet and no one on here can guarantee that they will commit to the Hogs come signing date.  If we are able to get Adams, Childs, Stockemer, and Wright to commit, you are exactly right that this is not a big deal.   We still don't know how Salters or Crawford are going to pan out in their careers either.  Monk is the only known quantity we have.  Crawford hasn't had enough passes in his direction to know one way or the other right now but he did look good at times last year which gives me hope that he can be a go to receiver for us this coming year.  However, only having "2" receivers that you have seen play is not real reassuring to me right now.  Hopefully Lee is putting in some things that will be successful for us this coming year and I won't make a prediction on that because it is all speculation right now.  I am still a Hog fan through and through (always will be) and even though I wish Nutt was gone, I want the team to win because it brings positive recognition to the state and university.

SoTexHog

The Recruiting Guy

Tusk-n-Porker

"Heart and effort are overated, talent wins 99% of football games"

Whole Hog Half Ham ARKANSAS by Damn!!!!

NMHOGG

Old news and it has changed.  He is off Tulsa.

silvertip

Quote from: NMHOGG on July 06, 2007, 08:32:37 pm

Source that says he's off Tulsa?

Tusk-n-Porker

Quote from: NMHOGG on July 06, 2007, 08:32:37 pm

Uh the article was in todays paper.  I guess those guys at the tulsa world should consult you before the put it to print huh?

old hog

old hog

Quote from: Hoofer on July 06, 2007, 08:23:26 am
I'd take that coaching staff over ours anyday............

And you can go with him.

NMHOGG

Just B/C you don't know the most recent news don't assume I don't.  I won't provide a link but someone here must have access to R.  O.k. talked to Dee this morning and posted the news.  He also talked to Butler HC and that dude is hot.  He had no knowledge of Gus talking to Dee until he was asked about it by Otis.

Just BC is isn't here doesn't mean it is not true.

NMHOGG

Tusk-n-Porker

I consider recent news to be what is released by the media outlets, not what some one on a message board says is true.  I have read all the threads and seen nothing that disputed the tulsa world article. 

Tusk-n-Porker

July 06, 2007, 10:13:57 pm #39 Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 10:16:11 pm by Tusk-n-Porker
its 10:00 p.m. and all the local stations are reporting that he is going to tulsa........when a newpaper prints an article it is usually because they have some pretty solid info about whats going on, when the 10:00 news reports it, it is usually on good information.  I don't know what you are trying to say about your info or source or what you read on this board, but I am going with the people who get paid to report the news........................ :razorback:

SoTexHog

Yesterday he was going to Arkansas.  Today he is going to Tulsa.  Tomorrow who knows, maybe not even him.  I'm inclined not to worry about it too much until signing day.  Even then he (or any other kid) has to make it on campus.  At any rate, wherever he ends up I hope it works out well for him.

NMHOGG

Quote from: Tusk-n-Porker on July 06, 2007, 10:13:57 pm
its 10:00 p.m. and all the local stations are reporting that he is going to tulsa........when a newpaper prints an article it is usually because they have some pretty solid info about whats going on, when the 10:00 news reports it, it is usually on good information.  I don't know what you are trying to say about your info or source or what you read on this board, but I am going with the people who get paid to report the news........................ :razorback:

Give it a day or two to shake out and we will see what is what.

The Recruiting Guy

I'm hearing now that Dee has recommitted to Arkansas. This from a good source but until I talk to Dee I won't be convinced.

The Coletrain

As the World Turns . . . I think in the end he'll be a Hog.  These are such tough decisions for kids, and coaches are excellent salesmen.  It's hard these days to make a decision and keep it unless you completely cut everyone off (i.e. - turn off the cell, throw away the letters, monitor caller id, and don't return calls).  Great position for these young men to be in, but a very stressful one as well. 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

Tomhog™

Quote from: Richard Davenport on July 07, 2007, 08:47:43 am
I'm hearing now that Dee has recommitted to Arkansas. This from a good source but until I talk to Dee I won't be convinced.

Well, here's what I've heard.  He's going to wait until the end of the summer to make a decision.  Then I saw it in the local paper this morning.  We will just have to see.  I believe we will be fine either way.

DOGALUM

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on July 06, 2007, 01:49:39 pm

Tommie Frazier sure did air it out when they stumped a mud hole in Florida's ass to win the NC.
HDN is far from being Tom Osbourne.   If that's the best you have then you're hurtin. 

The 10 games the hogs won could have easily been 12-13 if we had a passing game.  Anyone that doesn't agree with that knows nothing about the game of football.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!