Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two ex-Hogs lead PGA event headed into Sunday's final round

Started by WizardofhOgZ, January 18, 2018, 01:38:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

January 18, 2018, 01:38:40 pm Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 10:48:35 pm by WizardofhOgZ
He's tied for the first round lead at 7 under after just nine holes of the PGA's CareerBuilder.com tournament in California.

https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2018/careerbuilder-challenge/leaderboard.html

kingofdequeen

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: kingofdequeen on January 18, 2018, 01:39:50 pm
wrong forum.

Yes and No.

The "Fairways and Greens" forum seems to be more about golf courses around the state, and personal golfing topics than it is RAZORBACK golfers.  This topic figures to be seen by more folks who are familiar with the former Hogs on the PGA tour here.  That is the intent in posting here.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 18, 2018, 01:48:25 pm
Yes and No.

The "Fairways and Greens" forum seems to be more about golf courses around the state, and personal golfing topics than it is RAZORBACK golfers.  This topic figures to be seen by more folks who are familiar with the former Hogs on the PGA tour here.  That is the intent in posting here.

Sorry, this really belongs there.  Austin Cook/ John Daly all the Hog golfers are talked about there. 

greenEGnHAWGS

I'm interested in the success of any former Hog, and I'm not going to the "Fairways and Greens" board. So I'm fine with it here.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

pigture perfect

Thanks for the link. I probably would have missed it in Fairways and Greens.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 18, 2018, 02:29:21 pm
Thanks for the link. I probably would have missed it in Fairways and Greens.
ive never even seen the FaG forum before. huh.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ricepig

kingofdequeen

See??  this one is crap.

the one in FaG?  we've already mentioned Beau Hosslers mom.

that's the difference.

IronMountainHog

Too bad none of you numbnutts are moderators, and then you could move it. But you aren't so wah.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: kingofdequeen on January 18, 2018, 04:21:38 pm
See??  this one is crap.

the one in FaG?  we've already mentioned Beau Hosslers mom.

that's the difference.

Seriously - I get your point.  I really do.  There's a reason we have multiple forums.

At the same time, it's an unusual event (at least, it has been) when an ex-Hog is at the top of the leader board in a PGA event.  Posting THAT information here is going to reach a lot more folks than posting it in the other forum.  Folks that would be interested and may watch the tournament IF they know a Hog is involved.  And,  they would not be checking the other forum for that info.

Heck, maybe it makes a group of people that will be future readers/contributors to the FAG forum aware that there even IS such a forum.

WizardofhOgZ

By the way, we not have TWO Razorbacks tied at -9 (1 stroke off the lead) going into day 2.  Austin Cook has tied Landry!

Now I have two reasons to watch some golf this weekend!

oldhawg

Quote from: kingofdequeen on January 18, 2018, 01:39:50 pm
wrong forum.

As i make a quick glance down the first page of MMQB, some of the topics I see are:

Washington State Quarterback
Rob Mullens
Coffee
NFL bizarre plays
Places to eat breakfast
Snow report

Any or all of which could be put in another forum.

Can't see that a quick mention of a former Razorback's success (any sport) is any less relevant than many other posts in MMQB.  Perhaps in depth discussion warrants it being moved, but I don't see that happening in this case.

oldman1015

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 18, 2018, 02:12:56 pm
I'm interested in the success of any former Hog, and I'm not going to the "Fairways and Greens" board. So I'm fine with it here.
I hear former Hog Marcus Monk is doing well as an agent.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

MissippHog

Quote from: oldhawg on January 18, 2018, 05:25:08 pm

As i make a quick glance down the first page of MMQB, some of the topics I see are:

Washington State Quarterback
Rob Mullens
Coffee
NFL bizarre plays
Places to eat breakfast
Snow report

Any or all of which could be put in another forum.

Can't see that a quick mention of a former Razorback's success (any sport) is any less relevant than many other posts in MMQB.  Perhaps in depth discussion warrants it being moved, but I don't see that happening in this case.
<Looking for the coffee thread>

WizardofhOgZ

Quick update . . . Cook has finished his second round at -11, currently tied for 8th.  And Landry LEADS the tournament at -14, through 13 holes in the second round.

theFlyingHog

It's the off-season, I'll allow it.

TFH has spoken.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: oldman1015 on January 18, 2018, 06:06:34 pm
I hear former Hog Marcus Monk is doing well as an agent.

Dang...should've just said "...any Hog..." as he no longer is.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Paul

We have more golfers to follow on the highest Pro level than we do in the NBA

WizardofhOgZ

After play Saturday, Cook leads at -19, and Landry tied for second just a stroke back (-18) going into Sunday.

I'm not sure, but the two ex-Hogs may be paired together in the final group tomorrow.  TV coverage begins at 2 PM Central on the Golf Channel. 

HognitiveDissonance

Gonzo