Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ronnie Brewer's draft stock falling

Started by mtownhog, March 26, 2006, 04:48:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mtownhog

Just checked the espn draft projections and RB is no longer in their top 10.  RB had been about fifth or sixth all year.  Hopefully this will make him want to come back.

mbgrulz

i've noticed this too. i have said all along that he will go pro this year, but if he falls out of the lottery, im not so sure. looks like tyrus thomas has came along and shook up the whole thing.

Zen_Hog

It's probably because he has not announced his decision yet, and teams and scouts aren't on him that hard yet.

mj4president

We all know how accurate the "EXPERTS" are. Just look at this year's tourney. But I would agree that it has fallen some.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

mtownhog

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on March 26, 2006, 07:13:38 pm
It's probably because he has not announced his decision yet, and teams and scouts aren't on him that hard yet.

That would make a lot of sense, but most of the players on espn's top 10 aren't seniors (Aldridge, Noah, Thomas, Morrison, McRoberts, Gay). 

zwhogfan

I bet it will rise back up as time goes on, but I still hope RB stays.

Razorback53

The Pros are overrated....they had arkansas to be a 10th seed for quite a while and we ended up 8th. None of them got the final 4 right besides a few with one or two

Dwight_K_Shrute

Many of the so called experts underrated Matt Jones draft stock as well. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

WindyCityHog

I'm betting he'll be back.

Seems Boot Sr. likes the idea of all his kids getting that degree...

...and what the hell....What's one more year of college?  Sadly, coming out as  4-year student seems to be a bad thing these days as far as NBA-potential goes....it's that way with Juniors too.

Sad.

Ronnie Brewer Jr. is a damn fine player...

arktennis

One reason Brewer will probably go pro this year is that this is the first year of the new NBA rule that prevents high school players from going straight into the draft.  That's why that 7' player is going to Ohio State and not into the lottery as he would have done any other year.  Thus, this year will be the only year not to have a glut of younger players that might go higher.

Lokirain

What's funny is it should be rising. The SEC has half of the teams in the Final Four and Ronnie was the leading steals and points guy in the conference. Well, hopefully Ronnie will be back next year, but if he isn't we'll be ok.

Tomhog™

Quote from: arktennis on March 27, 2006, 08:25:41 am
One reason Brewer will probably go pro this year is that this is the first year of the new NBA rule that prevents high school players from going straight into the draft.  That's why that 7' player is going to Ohio State and not into the lottery as he would have done any other year.  Thus, this year will be the only year not to have a glut of younger players that might go higher.

This is a good point.  There will be quite a few more people eligible for the draft next year than this year.  It might be a good time for him to go to the next level.  Would like to see him at the UA one more year though...