Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Nutt and his new and rewarding role.

Started by PigMan, March 25, 2006, 10:40:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PigMan

PigMan

For those that can't remember Broyles and his methodology.  He also would hire good assistants and then let them teach.  This method was proved to be very successful and it is really good to see it again.

It is abundantly obvious that many of you guys believe that Nutt is worthless.  But it seems also abundantly clear that he has some skills that can be brought to bear on the program in an efficient manner.  It is just that he is not now and never has been a good signal caller or for that fact a good offensive manager. His allowing others to embrace this responsibility now is going to pay back  big dividends right away. A new dawn is upon us and we didn't have to dismantle the in-place program to do it. However caused this to happen should be a Hog award.

Porkahontas

Cliff Notes version:

Malzahn and Wood, meanwhile, dissected Arkansas' 4-7 season in 2005 and have picked Nutt's brain to understand the Razorbacks' offensive approach.

Translated: Why on earth do you run a draw every single time it's 3rd and long?

He rarely was able to focus on the defensive units. Now he has the opportunity to oversee the entire team. "It's hard for me to sit in the bleachers and watch practice," Nutt said. "But I have been more involved with the entire team.

Translated: He's finally gonna get to see how lousy of a coach Bobby Allen really is.

When Arkansas coach Houston Nutt meets with his assistants on offense, he is no longer doing the talking. This year, he is listening.

What? No more "precious" and "special" comments during meetings? How will the staff survive?

PigMan

Quote from: Porkahontas on March 25, 2006, 11:03:40 am
Cliff Notes version:

Malzahn and Wood, meanwhile, dissected Arkansas’ 4-7 season in 2005 and have picked Nutt’s brain to understand the Razorbacks’ offensive approach.

He rarely was able to focus on the defensive units. Now he has the opportunity to oversee the entire team. "It’s hard for me to sit in the bleachers and watch practice," Nutt said. "But I have been more involved with the entire team.

Translated: He's finally gonna get to see how lousy of a coach Bobby Allen really is.

When Arkansas coach Houston Nutt meets with his assistants on offense, he is no longer doing the talking. This year, he is listening.

What? No more "precious" and "special" comments during meetings? How will the staff survive?

Now, now be nice.  :)

Porkahontas

Quote from: Fresh Legs on March 25, 2006, 11:12:36 am
Quote from: Porkahontas on March 25, 2006, 11:03:40 am
Cliff Notes version:

Malzahn and Wood, meanwhile, dissected Arkansas’ 4-7 season in 2005 and have picked Nutt’s brain to understand the Razorbacks’ offensive approach.

Time out! How much "picking" of the brain is necessary to understand our previous offensive approach?

Most of us had it figured out that, for four years there, the whole philosophy on offense was to hope like hell Matt Jones could bail us out again and again when Nutt called a play that wouldn't work.

Last year, I think the whole goal was to run 90% of the time and not throw a pass over 10 yards the entire season.

Next year is gonna be something else to see for Hog fans. I'm not even expecting 5-wide that often, just the presence of a vertical passing game and some organization on the offense.

zwhogfan

Article sounds good to me, we needed a change and thank God it was finally made. Nutt is a good guy and in this new role he can stick to doing what he does best, being a motivator. Just glad he isn't calling the plays anymore. First down= run up the middle, Second down= short pass to back or reciever on either a curl or an out, both of which are cut off after 5 yards, Third down and 9 = draw play. It was frustrating to sit in the stands and literally be able to guess 7 or 8 plays in a row, if I can do it what can a college DC who studies film all the time do.

hogman64

I think  Nutt and Stan have proven the fans arent always so dumb...90% of the fans could see RJ and DJ needed to be on the bench a long time before the head coaches admitted it........planting them on the pine helped both teams tremendously........90% of the fans could also see Nutts offense was horrible, predictible and easy to defense,with only superstars like Jones and McFadden producing in the last few years..and now with the Nutt case  sitting on the pine we are going to see  another example of the fans being right............

JackTNHogfan

Malzahn and Wood, meanwhile, dissected Arkansas' 4-7 season in 2005 and have picked Nutt's brain to understand the Razorbacks' offensive approach.

That is funny and probably true.

PigMan

March 25, 2006, 01:53:58 pm #8 Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 01:55:31 pm by PigMan
"Malzahn and Wood, meanwhile, dissected Arkansas' 4-7 season in 2005 and have picked Nutt's brain to understand the Razorbacks' offensive approach."

Actual my "sources" tell me the three coaches spent a couple of short coffee breaks with Coach Nutt and pretty much had it down as to what the approach that was being applied. They said Coach Malzahn and Coach Wood left the second session quietly shaking their heads in befuddlemeant. 

Draw on 3rd and long? Wow! You mean over and over again? You say it was to catch them off guard? (sic)

fineswine

Quote from: zwhogfan on March 25, 2006, 11:43:28 am
Article sounds good to me, we needed a change and thank God it was finally made. Nutt is a good guy and in this new role he can stick to doing what he does best, being a motivator. Just glad he isn't calling the plays anymore. First down= run up the middle, Second down= short pass to back or reciever on either a curl or an out, both of which are cut off after 5 yards, Third down and 9 = draw play. It was frustrating to sit in the stands and literally be able to guess 7 or 8 plays in a row, if I can do it what can a college DC who studies film all the time do.
The changes have been LONG overdue, but doesn't it burn your butt to know that we have the highest paid cheerleader in Division 1?

PigPusher

But you know being a football coach has to be very similiar to being the head of a company. You don't really do hands on activities, but there is still way more to be done than can get done in an eight hour day. A team, like a company, needs leadership that is diversified in his involvement so he can be a conductor of the overall process. In many ways this position is just as important as one of the coordinator positions. 

Here's wishing Coach Nutt good success in his "new" role. You sir are now in a position that you too can become a legend at Arkansas (aka Broyles). The reason being no matter what happens you get the credit down through the years. The situation now is such that really good results will or should be written down from year to year.  As I said those numbers no matter who put them up on the board belong to you. With your leadership Coach Nutt we look forward to following you and your team through the next few years.  You are a fortunate fellow to be in this position.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Boarcephus

Quote from: PigMan on March 25, 2006, 01:53:58 pm
"Malzahn and Wood, meanwhile, dissected Arkansas’ 4-7 season in 2005 and have picked Nutt’s brain to understand the Razorbacks’ offensive approach."

Actual my "sources" tell me the three coaches spent a couple of short coffee breaks with Coach Nutt and pretty much had it down as to what the approach that was being applied. They said Coach Malzahn and Coach Wood left the second session quietly shaking their heads in befuddlemeant. 

Draw on 3rd and long? Wow! You mean over and over again? You say it was to catch them off guard? (sic)

What I like the sound of so far is Markuson's name is not being mentioned when it comes to the offense.  I have the impression his job is to coach the OL, period.  Kinda like, we want something out of you, we'll ask you.  Till then, shut up and be quiet.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

EastexHawg

Quote from: PigMan on March 25, 2006, 10:54:07 am
For those that can't remember Broyles and his methodology.  He also would hire good assistants and then let them teach.  This method was proved to be very successful and it is really good to see it again.

It is abundantly obvious that many of you guys believe that Nutt is worthless.  But it seems also abundantly clear that he has some skills that can be brought to bear on the program in an efficient manner.  It is just that he is not now and never has been a good signal caller or for that fact a good offensive manager. His allowing others to embrace this responsibility now is going to pay back  big dividends right away. A new dawn is upon us and we didn't have to dismantle the in-place program to do it. However caused this to happen should be a Hog award.

You're right.  I think he is worthless.

I have a hard time going along with the rationalization that it is somehow okay to keep Nutt as head coach...if we basically lock him in a closet so he can't screw anything up when it comes to gameplanning, strategy, or gameday decisions.

Why pay Nutt $1.5 million per year to stay the hell out of the way?  In fact, why pay him anything?  Why don't we just hire a competent, top notch head coach instead?

I can't figure out why so many people are willing to work so hard to figure out reasons for keeping Dale.  What is the fascination him?  What is it that is so irreplaceable about Houston Nutt?

hoggin das

Quote from: PigPusher on March 25, 2006, 03:28:04 pm
But you know being a football coach has to be very similiar to being the head of a company. You don't really do hands on activities, but there is still way more to be done than can get done in an eight hour day. A team, like a company, needs leadership that is diversified in his involvement so he can be a conductor of the overall process. In many ways this position is just as important as one of the coordinator positions. 

Here's wishing Coach Nutt good success in his "new" role. You sir are now in a position that you too can become a legend at Arkansas (aka Broyles). The reason being no matter what happens you get the credit down through the years. The situation now is such that really good results will or should be written down from year to year.  As I said those numbers no matter who put them up on the board belong to you. With your leadership Coach Nutt we look forward to following you and your team through the next few years.  You are a fortunate fellow to be in this position.
Well said. +1

PigPusher

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 25, 2006, 06:15:01 pm

I have a hard time going along with the rationalization that it is somehow okay to keep Nutt as head coach...if we basically lock him in a closet so he can't screw anything up when it comes to gameplanning, strategy, or gameday decisions.

Why pay Nutt $1.5 million per year to stay the hell out of the way?  In fact, why pay him anything?  Why don't we just hire a competent, top notch head coach instead?

I can't figure out why so many people are willing to work so hard to figure out reasons for keeping Dale.  What is the fascination him?  What is it that is so irreplaceable about Houston Nutt?

Well hey I'm one of those people that says keep him.  It is a darn sight better than firing Coach Nutt  hiring a new coach that has a totally different outlook on things. He clears the assistant coaching ranks and bang we are in a rebuilding mode again with a field full of players learning new routines. Oh sure you might say, "We'll get that new coach and he will take us to the promised land right away."  Yeah right how many times has that happened? NO THANK YOU!  I'll take it just this way as this is the very best way to move forward without first moving backward. Coach Nutt is now going to be doing what he was hired to do in the first place, being head coach. Get used to it as he is not going to go anywhere with the new setup in place.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

jabohog

Quote from: PigPusher on March 25, 2006, 06:47:51 pm
Well hey I'm one of those people that says keep him.  It is a darn sight better than firing Coach Nutt  hiring a new coach that has a totally different outlook on things. He clears the assistant coaching ranks and bang we are in a rebuilding mode again with a field full of players learning new routines. Oh sure you might say, "We'll get that new coach and he will take us to the promised land right away."  Yeah right how many times has that happened? NO THANK YOU!  I'll take it just this way as this is the very best way to move forward without first moving backward. Coach Nutt is now going to be doing what he was hired to do in the first place, being head coach. Get used to it as he is not going to go anywhere with the new setup in place.
Eight years and now he's going to do what he was hired to do?

PigPusher

Yes, by his own admission he has been primarily concerned with the offense and the Play sets. He had little time for anything else (paraphrased). A head coaches job is ALL of it not just one side.  He is now doing that.

EastexHawg

QuoteOh sure you might say, "We'll get that new coach and he will take us to the promised land right away."  Yeah right how many times has that happened? NO THANK YOU!

Nutt has been on the job eight years.  How many times has he "taken us to the promised land"? 

Just how long do you think it should take for a top notch head coach to "get to the promised land"...or at least win a conference championship?  More specifically, how much longer do you think it will take Nutt?  I'm 45 years old, and I'm trying to figure out if I will live to see it.

On second thought, maybe Nutt should work on beating someone other than the Mississippi schools...and not putting up losing seasons...first.

PigPusher

Looks like you are in a time warp Eastex.. A time warp where nothing ever changes. Even the hiring of new and exciting coaches can't bring you back. I do know what will. Hanging around until we let our new coaches kick in. Then it will not matter what Coach Nutt has done in the past eight years and by the way all those years were not bad. They were just not as good as we wanted them to be.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

But it seems also abundantly clear that he has some skills that can be brought to bear on the program in an efficient manner. 

Like what?

He is divisive, egotistical, has tried to take credit for stuff he didn't do(and got caught doing this) and has blamed others for things that are his fault.

What, again, are his skills?
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

fineswine

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on March 25, 2006, 08:18:25 pm
But it seems also abundantly clear that he has some skills that can be brought to bear on the program in an efficient manner. 

Like what?

He is divisive, egotistical, has tried to take credit for stuff he didn't do(and got caught doing this) and has blamed others for things that are his fault.

Would deflecting criticism be a skill?  If so, he is highly skilled.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: PigPusher on March 25, 2006, 07:53:26 pm
Looks like you are in a time warp Eastex.. A time warp where nothing ever changes. Even the hiring of new and exciting coaches can't bring you back. I do know what will. Hanging around until we let our new coaches kick in. Then it will not matter what Coach Nutt has done in the past eight years and by the way all those years were not bad. They were just not as good as we wanted them to be.

It will always matter to me what he has done for the last eight years.  He has cost us game after game because of his ego.  All he had to do was recognize that his playcalling was getting in the way of us being a good team.  I can point out many things (as I and many others have done on this site) of just terrible playcalls, game management, and ridiculous remarks.  When someone CAUSES my favorite (only) team to lose when we don't have to...not just once or occasionally...but continuously...there is no forgiveness.  His own ego kept him from getting a OC.  His ego will keep him from ever having support from me and many, many others. 

I hope our new coaches do kick in.  I hope Nutt leaves.  I mean, not just the UofA but Arkansas...Don't even want him in my state.  I'm not crazy about him staying in the U.S.  When you damage the Hogs...as he has done over and over...WITHOUT REMORSE...then he gets no love from me.  Maybe if he gets on T.V. and does a Swaggert and cries and says he has sinned...then maybe...don't see it happening.
Retired Radio Host

thehammer007

Quote from: PigMan on March 25, 2006, 10:40:58 am
This is very satisfying reading.

http://wholehogsports.com/nwat/38852/

What a load of crap!!  Nutt is not going to let Gus install his offense and call plays.   It's just more media fluff touting how great a coach Nutt is when his record speaks for itself. 

I ain't buying it. 

thehammer007

Quote from: uglyuncle on March 25, 2006, 08:41:16 pm
Quote from: PigPusher on March 25, 2006, 07:53:26 pm

It will always matter to me what he has done for the last eight years.  He has cost us game after game because of his ego.  All he had to do was recognize that his playcalling was getting in the way of us being a good team.  I can point out many things (as I and many others have done on this site) of just terrible playcalls, game management, and ridiculous remarks.  When someone CAUSES my favorite (only) team to lose when we don't have to...not just once or occasionally...but continuously...there is no forgiveness.  His own ego kept him from getting a OC.  His ego will keep him from ever having support from me and many, many others. 

I hope our new coaches do kick in.  I hope Nutt leaves.  I mean, not just the UofA but Arkansas...Don't even want him in my state.  I'm not crazy about him staying in the U.S.  When you damage the Hogs...as he has done over and over...WITHOUT REMORSE...then he gets no love from me.  Maybe if he gets on T.V. and does a Swaggert and cries and says he has sinned...then maybe...don't see it happening.

His ego.   That's the crux of the problem.  Nutt has stated that he can draw up plays as well as Bill Parcells or Jimmy Johnson. 

His ego.  Right thinking people know that Gus was forced on Nutt.  Who the heck is Alex Wood?  Everywhere he was in the NFL - he got fired.  Good ass't coaches don't get fired.  I'm sorry. 

There's no way in hell that Nutt is going to relinquish these duties to Gus.

Calling All Hogs

Now he has the opportunity to oversee the entire team. "It's hard for me to sit in the bleachers and watch practice," Nutt said.

Any chance Nutt could sit in the bleachers during the games?

EastexHawg

Quote from: CallMeHog on March 25, 2006, 09:07:34 pm
Now he has the opportunity to oversee the entire team. "It’s hard for me to sit in the bleachers and watch practice," Nutt said.

Any chance Nutt could sit in the bleachers during the games?

That's a swell idea.  I think the bleachers would be a great place for him...like maybe the bleachers at Iowa State, or Minnesota, or Montana State.

4thdownnutt

i  didn't read all of the above so excuse if I missed it but this has to be a most humbling experience for HDN

imahoggie

"It's hard for me to sit in the bleachers and watch practice," Nutt said.

must have been especially brutal to have to watch it from the sideline
during the games.
Arkansan by birth. Razorback fan by the grace of god.

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: imahoggie on March 25, 2006, 10:15:39 pm
"It’s hard for me to sit in the bleachers and watch practice," Nutt said.

Now he knows how we felt last season at the games.

bhuie

QuoteNutt said getting used to a new role has not been difficult, and he thinks the changes will ultimately benefit the team.

"I know what's going to happen, "he said." I feel good about it."

I really have trouble believing that Nutt has had no problem getting used to his new role.  Looks like he's going to act as if the humble pie he's been served by Lindsey and Broyles is the best meal he's ever had to eat...

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on March 26, 2006, 09:20:25 am
Quote from: imahoggie on March 25, 2006, 10:15:39 pm
"It's hard for me to sit in the bleachers and watch practice," Nutt said.

Now he knows how we felt last season at the games.

I vote this the post of the month! +1 Karma.

PigPusher

Like what?

notshavintilnuttgo: I am not Pigman, but I do have a few things to offer in response to your question. One might find Coach Nutt is and will continue to be very good at the following areas of responsibilities.

1. Recruiting and recruiting management.
2. Fund Raising.
3. Coaching management.
4. Public relations
5. Tap dancing. :)
6. Side show barking. :)
7. Scholarship management.
8. Scholastic coordination.
9. Master plan management.
10. Yearly reports to the University Board.

These are just a few, but I would bet that Master Nutt is pretty good at all of them.  Oh I could not resist 5 and 6.

Boy you are going to have a long beard before coach is all done and paid for.

ThisLittlePiggie

For those that can't remember Broyles and his methodology.  He also would hire good assistants and then let them teach. 

The difference between Broyles and Nutt? It didn't take Broyles eight frigging years to figure that out. Now we have to wait and see if these assistants are real mccoy or just pretenders. We still don't know.

PigPusher

Quote from: ThisLittlePiggie on March 26, 2006, 10:49:22 am
For those that can't remember Broyles and his methodology.  He also would hire good assistants and then let them teach. 

The difference between Broyles and Nutt? It didn't take Broyles eight frigging years to figure that out. Now we have to wait and see if these assistants are real mccoy or just pretenders. We still don't know.

+1 one Littlepiggie therein lies the rub. The thing is though I will continue to believe that Coach Nutt was forced to make the changes as an alternative. He is not talking like a coach that came up with this as part of his short and long range projections. As far as I know he has never said anything to the contrary.

Of course all's well that ends well as they say.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: PigPusher on March 26, 2006, 10:34:30 am

Like what?

notshavintilnuttgo: I am not Pigman, but I do have a few things to offer in response to your question. One might find Coach Nutt is and will continue to be very good at the following areas of responsibilities.

2. Fund Raising.
3. Coaching management.
4. Public relations

These are just a few, but I would bet that Master Nutt is pretty good at all of them.  Oh I could not resist 5 and 6.

Really?  Recruiting and recruiting management?  I don't think you will find many that agree with you there.  Except those that say, "we are Arkansas, we just can't do any better"  Which is wrong...just ask Alex Wood.

2.  I don't know about Fund Raising...so I can't comment on that.

3.  Coaching management?  If you mean handling staff...Yeah, if you don't cross him then you have a job for life.  If you do...then you are out (Ferguson and Wittke)
    If you mean having a coaching game plan for the game...that is just laughable.

4.  Public Relations:  Um...funny.  He is very divisive.  I would say that his support before hiring Gus was very low.  Now, with Gus, I think it may be only around 50%.  I'm not sure that support is for him...but hope for the future with having someone that knows and can bring in a good offensive scheme.

5.  No comment
6.  No comment

7 and 8.  I don't know about these either...

9.  Master plan management:  I don't know what that means...but I think it is laughable to put "master" and "plan" with HDN.  Haven't seen any of that in his list of abilities.

10.  I would think he doesn't report enough...or at least, they don't hold him accountable enough.
Retired Radio Host

PigMan

Well a dime and an opinion used to buy a cup of coffee. I guess opinions are still free unless you are an attorney. :):)

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: PigPusher on March 26, 2006, 10:34:30 am

Like what?

2. Fund Raising.
3. Coaching management.
4. Public relations

Was reading this but when I hit #4 the room suddenly began to spin, and everything turned black...

WTH?
He is...THE WORST PR NIGHTMARE...next to Nolan, of course.

He is HORRIBLE with the media.  A joke.  A backwood's JOKE.  Which is what the whole fb program has become under him.  GOOD LUCK WITH ALLLLLL THAT.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

HeathHateMe

Nutt, you have a great defensive leader and two great minds on offense.  I prefer that you sit your a$$ squarely on special teams and don't move until they improve significantly.  This is where you can make your greatest contribution.
A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 25, 2006, 06:15:01 pm

Now just a dog gone minute!!! Numb Nutts is one hell of a helmet lover. That alone is worth $1.5 million each year of other people's money to Big Frank. No one can polish Big Frank's helmet like Numb Nutts, not even dentureless geriatric poontang.
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

PigMan

Have included an article by Nate Allen that explains it better than was said on this post. The on going duties of Coach Nutt.

Credit to Northwest Arkansas News.

http://nwanews.com/bcdr/Sports/32794/

FLKeysGuy

The best thing HDN could do is 'let go' of the reigns and let the experts do their jobs.  The success of our Hogs is inversely related to HDN's involvement.   :razorback:

PigMan

Looks like that is what has happened and I still would wager that someone is pulling those strings.

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: PigMan on March 27, 2006, 09:38:51 am
Looks like that is what has happened and I still would wager that someone is pulling those strings.

No doubt about that.  I just hope those strings are strong enough to last throughout the entire season.

LA HAWG

Does anyone actually believe that when it comes down to it that HDN will not take over and screw everything up?  I will believe it when I see it.

CorningHog

What all of us Hog fans need to do for the time being is let go of all the pent up anger and frustration over the past losing seasons and our perceived or true opinion about underachieving under Houston Nutt as our coach.

All the things that happened previously do not matter now.  It is "history". 

"I told you so" will only spell more doom and gloom if it turns out that Houston tinkers and causes problems by not allowing Gus & Alex to run the offense.  I doubt that Houston will now go over to Reggie Herring's defense and begin wanting to join in by adding his own thoughts and ideas to be implemented so he can say, "Hey, I told Reggie to do that"!

None of us are going to be in the middle of this stuff "first-hand" and get to see the "Whole Picture".  Yet there are a few people that have "friends in high places" with the football staff or on the staff and information does get passed from time to time.  Egos and opinions are always going to clash and there may be a power struggle or two over the next 5 months as the Razorbacks prepare to change their offense and to come together as a team. 

We as fans just need to enjoy the luxury of living in a country where following a sports team is possible and put the emphasis on "sport" and not a life or death struggle that our daily lives depend on. 

What you see on the field and during the games this season, bottom line is if we "Win" there will be fans that still want to inflict pain on Houston Nutt for not doing it sooner, there will be pain inflicted if he is perceived to have "mettled" and we lose.  No matter what happens a "portion" of fans will be unhappy. 

I personally think that what has transpired in 4 months or so is incredible with the addition of Gus as OC and Alex Wood, whom I do not know anything about, a veteran NFL coach that has vast experience to coach our QB's.

Above all, I think this will be the first year you have a set of QB's that, although young, are capable of making the throws to open receivers "on time" and thus creating a "real" passing game.  The SEC defenses will have to start defending the "WHOLE" field soon and that will help tremendously.
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: LA HAWG on March 27, 2006, 09:55:08 am
Does anyone actually believe that when it comes down to it that HDN will not take over and screw everything up?  I will believe it when I see it.

Based on history, I have no reason to believe he will not try to take over.  However, my knowledge of Gus and his personality leads me to believe it would be most difficult for HDN to interfere with Gus' efforts.  My guess is that if HDN starts meddling too much, JFB and JL may 'suggest' he backoff --  in the same manner in which they 'suggested' he hire an offensive coordinator.  wink wink.  8)

PigMan

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on March 27, 2006, 10:03:19 am
Quote from: LA HAWG on March 27, 2006, 09:55:08 am

Based on history, I have no reason to believe he will not try to take over.  However, my knowledge of Gus and his personality leads me to believe it would be most difficult for HDN to interfere with Gus' efforts.  My guess is that if HDN starts meddling too much, JFB and JL may 'suggest' he backoff --  in the same manner in which they 'suggested' he hire an offensive coordinator.  wink wink.  8)

Right on...

RealSmartGuy

Had the privelige to talk to the "higher sources" of Razorback athletics and after a 15 minute conversation, anyone who doesn't beleive Mike Irwin on who hired Gus, is way off base, Mike hit the nail on the head, and no way no how Nutt is going to Mess with Gus, I got the whole small very successfull business owner hired to run large company because he has the right stuff, speech from the big dog himself.  Go Hogs, and Go Gus

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: RealSmartGuy on March 27, 2006, 11:25:27 am
Had the privelige to talk to the "higher sources" of Razorback athletics and after a 15 minute conversation, anyone who doesn't beleive Mike Irwin on who hired Gus, is way off base, Mike hit the nail on the head, and no way no how Nutt is going to Mess with Gus, I got the whole small very successfull business owner hired to run large company because he has the right stuff, speech from the big dog himself.  Go Hogs, and Go Gus

Your comments also reinforce your screen name!  8)

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,53899.msg635522.html#msg635522

PennHOG

Quote from: Fresh Legs on March 25, 2006, 11:12:36 am
Time out! How much "picking" of the brain is necessary to understand our previous offensive approach?

It just like picking your nose.  Most of the time all you get is slimy junk but if you keep trying you'll eventually find a big crusty booger.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!