Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Les Miles discussed Ark and BCS on ESPNews

Started by razorbrock, November 25, 2006, 04:40:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbrock

Miles made a good case for LSU being in a BCS Bowl.  They played 4 top-10 teams on the road in the SEC--beat Western Division Champion and 5th ranked Ark on the road.  He was complementary of Arkansas.  Of course, complementing Ark serves the purpose of making their victory more impressive.  He stated McFadden is the best RB he's seen in a long time.  Referring to the kickoff return for a TD, Les said he couldn't remember another time in his career when his team answered so quickly.  He was preoccupied with what the offense was going to do and the return just happened.

WHEN Ark beats Florida next weekend, I believe the Tigers will get the BCS nod over the gators, especially after the WVU loss today.  LSU will be ranked higher than FL, they closed with a nice winning streak, and the Tigers are a lot more entertaining to watch than the Gators.  Urban shooting his mouth off about a playoff won't help FL's cause as well.  It will be great to have two SECW teams playing in BCS games.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." ~Winston Churchill

itstimeyouleaveNutt

Quote from: razorbrock on November 25, 2006, 04:40:29 pm
Miles made a good case for LSU being in a BCS Bowl.  They played 4 top-10 teams on the road in the SEC--beat Western Division Champion and 5th ranked Ark on the road.  He was complementary of Arkansas.  Of course, complementing Ark serves the purpose of making their victory more impressive.  He stated McFadden is the best RB he's seen in a long time.  Referring to the kickoff return for a TD, Les said he couldn't remember another time in his career when his team answered so quickly.  He was preoccupied with what the offense was going to do and the return just happened.

WHEN Ark beats Florida next weekend, I believe the Tigers will get the BCS nod over the gators, especially after the WVU loss today.  LSU will be ranked higher than FL, they closed with a nice winning streak, and the Tigers are a lot more entertaining to watch than the Gators.  Urban shooting his mouth off about a playoff won't help FL's cause as well.  It will be great to have two SECW teams playing in BCS games.

as far as beating FL next week, don't count your chickens before they hatch, remember we have HDN has a HC he'll do anything possible to lose it.
I called some good plays today didn't I Chuck?!?

Winner

LSU will not get in over Florida.  They will get in over Arkansas.