Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Recruting Stats Question for everyone

Started by Melhog, October 19, 2006, 02:02:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Melhog

Just looked at Rivals recruiting rankings. Currently, Hogs are 10th in the SEC and 40th nationally.  In the SEC behind GA, Ole Miss, TN, Bama, Fla, MSU, SC,LSU, and Auburn. Looks like we are only ranked above KY and Vandy at this point.  My question is what do you guys think at this point? Is it too early to get too worried?  As most will recall until we had the late signees last year like MM, Cleveland and Williams, the 2006 recruiting class would have been about 10th in the SEC. As it turned out, we finished 8th I believe. Obviously, if we finish the year strong and go to a decent bowl that should help.  WHat do you guys think?

Hawgballz

Quote from: Melhog on October 19, 2006, 02:02:25 pm
Just looked at Rivals recruiting rankings. Currently, Hogs are 10th in the SEC and 40th nationally.  In the SEC behind GA, Ole Miss, TN, Bama, Fla, MSU, SC,LSU, and Auburn. Looks like we are only ranked above KY and Vandy at this point.  My question is what do you guys think at this point? Is it too early to get too worried?  As most will recall until we had the late signees last year like MM, Cleveland and Williams, the 2006 recruiting class would have been about 10th in the SEC. As it turned out, we finished 8th I believe. Obviously, if we finish the year strong and go to a decent bowl that should help.  WHat do you guys think?

Those ranking are heavily based upon total commits and as you can see Arkansas only has 11 commits and there are only 9 schools in front of us with fewer commits, so I would expect our ranking to rise as we get more commits.  Burns, Ziemba & Green will have a lot to do with where our final ranking ends up, but I would expect us to finish somewhere between 25-30 (last year I believe we finished at 26).  I don't put a lot of creditability into these rankings, but they are kind of fun.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Melhog

Quote from: HawgBall06 on October 19, 2006, 02:30:07 pm
Quote from: Melhog on October 19, 2006, 02:02:25 pm

Those ranking are heavily based upon total commits and as you can see Arkansas only has 11 commits and there are only 9 schools in front of us with fewer commits, so I would expect our ranking to rise as we get more commits.  Burns, Ziemba & Green will have a lot to do with where our final ranking ends up, but I would expect us to finish somewhere between 25-30 (last year I believe we finished at 26).  I don't put a lot of creditability into these rankings, but they are kind of fun.

Yeah, noticed that numbers did obviously have a bearing. MSU had something like 26 commits already.  Ole Miss was in the Top 5 nationally at this point. I believe they had a top 15 class last year.