Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any Word on HUNH this weekend

Started by hog_fan, October 10, 2006, 05:40:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog_fan

Just wondering if any of the talk shows have mentioned if the HUNH can be expected this weekend? Also, has anyone heard from their own sources if we might use it? I hope so, as it would be perfect timing to finally use it.

hog caller

if we didn't use it against Auburn it's doubtful we will see itr this week end either.

1stwordswerewoopig

To me, offensive balance means to force the defense to DEFEND the entire width and length of the field, against both the pass and the run, on any down and distance/field position.

Balance doesn't necessarily mean RUNNING the same number of run/pass plays.

I think that we are doing a better job of that.

People that immediately look at the number of runs vs. the number of passes and try to determine offensive balance are IMO missing the point.

If you notice our running game this year we are using Felix to stretch the outside and pounding D-Mac inside.  That forces the defense to defend the entire width of the field.

By being in the shotgun with 3 or 4 receivers, the threat of the pass is always there.

What do you think?

hog_fan

Here is quote from Nutt today.

"There is nothing like holding the ball over 30 minutes and no turnovers," Nutt said. "You are helping everybody. You are helping your team and you are helping your defense by keeping them rested ... We have to keep that going. We have to be able to keep the ball, run the clock and score points."

http://www.hogwired.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=649362

Ugly Uncle

:puke:

Every quote by him just makes me want to  :puke:

Retired Radio Host

RivercrestHog

Looks like no HUNH this season to me.

Richard_white

It will be used next year.  The new HC will allow Gus to install the HUNH.

fire_hog

In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

Pork Twain

Would you guys like for Gus to use an offense that our players are not ready to run?  I would rather us not use it till he is confident our players have it down.  SEMO is not the prcatice squad.  If we play around with them they will beat us.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

SPAL

hogfan x

Quote from: BeoPig on October 11, 2006, 07:20:35 pm
Would you guys like for Gus to use an offense that our players are not ready to run?  I would rather us not use it till he is confident our players have it down.  SEMO is not the prcatice squad.  If we play around with them they will beat us.

Who says Gus is not ready to run HUNH?? ???
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it." - Lou Holtz, Arkansas

TorsinAHog

To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

hog_fan

Gus is confident. The players including the O-line feel they are ready and want to run it. The drive against USC where Gus came in they looked fine using it. Yes, it wasn't the first team but every person out there is better then what SEMO has. This is perfect time to use it. What if we are down 6 to the vols with a minute left.  We would need to run it then and it would be good to have some experience with it.

hog_fan

SPAL

TorsinAHog

To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

Pork Twain

Quote from: hogfan x on October 11, 2006, 07:22:23 pm

Have you heard Gus say they are ready???  I would love to see us use it and use it a lot.  It would make every team we face from here on out prepare for it.  I just want us to execute it the way Gus intends it to be executed and not hlaf assed because we are playing SEMO.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

mckinneyhog

October 11, 2006, 07:32:18 pm #17 Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 07:35:08 pm by mckinneyhog

Perfect way to express your feelings.  A little birdie told me that you will see the HUNH offense this Saturday.

Razorsharp

if you want to keep ver 70,000 in the stands you will run the HUNH.
Hire Gus!

hogfan x

Quote from: BeoPig on October 11, 2006, 07:31:12 pm
Quote from: hogfan x on October 11, 2006, 07:22:23 pm

Have you heard Gus say they are ready???  I would love to see us use it and use it a lot.  It would make every team we face from here on out prepare for it.  I just want us to execute it the way Gus intends it to be executed and not hlaf assed because we are playing SEMO.

I personally have not heard Gus say anything.  That includes your assumption that he thinks we are not ready to run the HUNH.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it." - Lou Holtz, Arkansas

hog_fan

Gus did say on the news they had it, but they would have to see how the season plays out. Do you expect Gus to come out on the news and say we are ready to run it. He can't do that.

whatsshakinbacon

note to self...anytime someone says "a little birdie told me" remember to ignore what follows.

Sorry Mckinney, but in my history on message boards this statement 95 percent of the time precedes a falsehood.

Bacon out...

SPAL

dale himself said on the Razorback nation report that we woudl see it this year. My only guess if it doesnt happen in the next 3 weeks, they are hopin to pop it on UT as a suprise tactic, but make no mistake..they are workin on it every day.

mckinneyhog

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on October 11, 2006, 07:35:00 pm
note to self...anytime someone says "a little birdie told me" remember to ignore what follows.

Sorry Mckinney, but in my history on message boards this statement 95 percent of the time precedes a falsehood.

Bacon out...

The statement was false, I have no idea if they are running the HUNH offense this weekend.  That is probaly why I said a little birdie. 

hog_fan

werehog

The teams that suceed in D1 College football like Mizzou and WVa, have dual threat QBs that have the ability to pull the rock down and run for significant yardage. Matt Jones would have been a consensus all-America if he had played for Rick Rodriguez. Can Mitch run as well as pass at this level? I suspect he is no Donovan McNabb.

Brand X Hog Fan

I really think Fayetteville High School could beat SEMO . . .

I am wiping the notion of the HUNH from my imagination as we speak. Can't stand the let down and anxiety. All I can say is we better win if Nutt is going to call the offense. Well, ok. Its an idle threat and I can't do anything if we lose but GEEEEEZ! Why does he have to keep rubbing the salt in the wound? Why doesn't he just come out and say "I have Gus under my thumb and I like to hear him holler?" Geeez o Pete!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Pork Twain

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 11, 2006, 07:36:44 pm
dale himself said on the Razorback nation report that we woudl see it this year. My only guess if it doesnt happen in the next 3 weeks, they are hopin to pop it on UT as a suprise tactic, but make no mistake..they are workin on it every day.
I hope you are right because I cannot wait to see us run it throughout a game.  That is going to change the way everyone prepares for us once that happens.

SPAL

Quote from: hog_fan on October 11, 2006, 07:37:56 pm
When was it that Nutt said this?

if u are talkin to me, he said it on Razorback Nation PIg Trails Sunday night following the Auburn game...sorry i dont have a link or video, but maybe somebody else heard him say that or something similar, but the words HUNH and "its coming" were used together...i was scrollin around hogville so i was only half way paying attention, but it was said.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: mckinneyhog on October 11, 2006, 07:38:26 pm

Bacon out...

Did I get a rise out of your levi's?

nope...

Bacon out...

mckinneyhog

Bacon out...

All jokes aside, SEMO would be a perfect game to start working in the HUNH.  The one series they used it against USC, it looked pretty darn good. 

SPAL

Quote from: werehog on October 11, 2006, 07:38:25 pm
The teams that suceed in D1 College football like Mizzou and WVa, have dual threat QBs that have the ability to pull the rock down and run for significant yardage. Matt Jones would have been a consensus all-America if he had played for Rick Rodriguez. Can Mitch run as well as pass at this level? I suspect he is no Donovan McNabb.

what does this have to do with Gus' HUNH?...The spread that WVU uses is a spread option, Gus doesnt run the option...

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: Razorsharp on October 11, 2006, 07:34:16 pm
if you want to keep ver 70,000 in the stands you will run the HUNH.
if you want to keep 70,000 in the stands you will win.
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Hong Kong Sooey

I call BS.  SEMO is one of the worst teams in D-1AA.  There is no reason not to run it.  If we don't, it is only because Houston won't.  As to the "not ready" bull, first year Jr High players run it.  Need I say more?

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: hog_fan on October 11, 2006, 07:13:02 pm
Here is quote from Nutt today.

"There is nothing like holding the ball over 30 minutes and no turnovers," Nutt said. "You are helping everybody. You are helping your team and you are helping your defense by keeping them rested ... We have to keep that going. We have to be able to keep the ball, run the clock and score points."

http://www.hogwired.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=649362
Some read into quotes WAYYY to far.......he says its good not to turn the ball over and you speculate away....
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Pork Twain

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on October 11, 2006, 07:46:01 pm
I call BS.  SEMO is one of the worst teams in D-1AA.  There is no reason not to run it.  If we don't, it is only because Houston won't.  As to the "not ready" bull, first year Jr High players run it.  Need I say more?
As far as why we don't run the HUNH I don't have a clue and that is why it was a question.  SEMO COULD have the best game of their history on Sat and a loss could happen.  That is why you never take any opponent for granted.

mckinneyhog

Quote from: BeoPig on October 11, 2006, 07:48:37 pm
As far as why we don't run the HUNH I don't have a clue and that is why it was a question.  SEMO COULD have the best game of their history on Sat and a loss could happen.  That is why you never take any opponent for granted.

If we lose to SEMO, Nutt will fired on the spot.

WRICAT

Quote from: uglyuncle on October 11, 2006, 07:14:28 pm

[/quote
It is sad that you are so sick, and can not enjoy the Razorback's wins.

Last Saturday, indeed, was one of those great "fun and happy" games.

snoutface

Yes, when I think of successful D1 programs, Mizzou and W.Va. are the first 2 names to pop in my head.
Sometimes it's better for me to be quiet and let everybody believe I'm dumb as dirt, than to speak up and prove it.

fred ziffel

HUNH, NHHU...it matters not. Just win.
"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

mckinneyhog

Quote from: fred ziffel on October 11, 2006, 07:51:12 pm
HUNH, NHHU...it matters not. Just win.

I tend to agree with you on this one. 

Pork Twain

Quote from: mckinneyhog on October 11, 2006, 07:49:33 pm
Quote from: BeoPig on October 11, 2006, 07:48:37 pm

If we lose to SEMO, Nutt will fired on the spot.
He better be...

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: snoutface on October 11, 2006, 07:51:10 pm

Yes, when I think of successful D1 programs, Mizzou and W.Va. are the first 2 names to pop in my head.

touche'.

+1

Bacon out...

mckinneyhog

Quote from: WRICAT on October 11, 2006, 07:49:55 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on October 11, 2006, 07:14:28 pm

[/quote
It is sad that you are so sick, and can not enjoy the Razorback's wins.

Last Saturday, indeed, was one of those great "fun and happy" games.

If we lose to SEMO I am going to   :puke:
And if there isn't a coaching change within 30 minutes after we lose, I am going to   :puke:  again.

craigr417

I don't care what kind of offense we run, as long as we win

craigr417

If we keep winning, who really cares

chiefsfan

In all fairness, We arent going to need the Hurry up to beat Semo.
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

FLKeysGuy

Can Mitch run as well as pass at this level?

That boy's a runnin' fool!

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: craigr417 on October 11, 2006, 08:03:01 pm
I don't care what kind of offense we run, as long as we win
Quote from: craigr417 on October 11, 2006, 08:04:21 pm
If we keep winning, who really cares
We haven't kept winning over the last 9 seasons...so I care...If Houston screws this up, all of us have to recognize that he CANNOT lead an SEC program.

SpiceIslandHog

Wouldn't Ole Miss be the perfect team to unleashe the HUNH on? I mean judging by the game against Mizzou they're pretty helpless to defend it, so not only would it be a good chance to work on it, it would be a sound gameplan for that team.