Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another HDN bashing/truthful thread: Enter at your own risk!

Started by Ugly Uncle, September 20, 2006, 07:06:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Quote from: HatfieldHog on September 21, 2006, 11:25:14 pm
Quote from: A_True_Hog_Jedi on September 21, 2006, 03:20:48 am
Ugly,  I have heard on this board countless times that HDN only won all of those ball games his first couple of years due to the fact that he had Ford's players. I have also heard that he would have been fired years ago had MJ not saved him numerous times. Would you say that is an accurate assessment? If so, then it would be rational to think that HDN's probelm is not with his on the field coaching or the X's and O's of his profession. With that being said then is the probelm really that we don't have the best players? Furthermore isn't that because of our geographical location and the fact that we are in one of the least populated states in the SEC? Is it really HDN's fault that we don't have a beach or campus with 40,000 students to intice a recruits interest? Is it his fault that Arkansas routinely produces 15 division 1 recruits a year and the state of Florida has over 300 a year!  Should we expect HDN to talk some 5 star recruit from Tampa to not go to Florida when all of his HS buddies will be there and the kid grew up wanting to be a gator? Before you constantly bash a man and ask for his head on a platter you might want to take a second and put yourself in his shoes. Think about how much of a disadvantage you would be in as the head coach at Arkansas trying to win games every year with 2 and 3 star recruits when you are playing teams like Georgia and LSU that are chalked full of 4 and 5 star recruits. You wonder why the man is the master of motivation and positivity? He has to be! He is trying to make something out of nothing every year, and he is doing it because he loves Arkansas and he loves the Hogs, and he is trying to give fans such as yourself something to be proud of!!!  You seem ungrateful!

EDIT:  removed the name calling and profanity.  KEYS

Don't know who you are dude, unless you are Chuck Barret or Rick Shaeffer in disguise.  But, you're argument is absolutely baseless in true facts.  While we don't have the number of D-1 recruits that Fla. or Texas has each year, it is the head coaches job to recruit them to come to Arkansas.  It dosen't take long to refute you're baseless position.

1.)  Virginia Tech:  Frank Beamer has no more D-1 guys in his state than we have, but he RECRUITS players to come play for his top 15 program.
2.)  Louisville:  Bobby Petrino and the great state of Kentucky, have less D-1 guys than Arkansas has, yet he RECRUITS good players to come to Louisville and play for his top 15 team.
3.)  Tennessee:  The talent base of Tenn. is about the same as Arkansas, yet Phil Fulmer RECRUITS good players to come and play for
his top 15 program.

You really need to talk to some of the "good" former players that played at the U of A.  Not the ones that work for the Athletic Dept., but guys that have no one to protect. 

One guy that started in 2 cotton bowls, told me personally, that when people say that you can't get top notch recruits to come to Fayettville, they mean that Huston Nutt can't get top notch recruits to come to Fayetville.  BTW, my friend turned down Texas, Oklahoma, and Nebraska, to come to Arkansas.

If Virginia Tech, and Louisville, and Tennessee can be nationally ranked programs year in and year out,  Arkansas can also.  But it takes a Head Coach that can recruit!

Currently, we don't have one!

See ya

AMEN to that Brother  What a great Post!!!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

rival1

To what degree are your fans grumbling about Nutt?  I've always thought he was a pretty decent coach, but I don't know what the deal is with his record.  I've been wrong before.  Is it a lost cause, or do you guys really want him to succeed and stay?

This weekend, expect a very fast game.  All the running and the new rules will have time flying by, and I wouldn't expect it to go over 2.5 hours.  The lineups will be interesting for both teams, with Arky having injuries on D and a new punt returner.  Bama's only concerns are running the ball and stopping the run, IMO, and this could prove difficult with Terrence Jones (Bama LB)questionable on the defensive side and recent tackling woes.  Expect a 3-13 point game with total points probably under 38 points, with Bama coming out on top. 

If Nutt is replaced at the end of the year, do you expect Butch Davis as a shoe-in, or will there be a massive search for an up-and-comer in the mid-major levels?  Arky has picked up some nice recruiting in the last year or two, and the future will be bright if either Nutt really knows what he's doing or his replacment is a good hire. 

bythelake

Ugly, I'm not impressed with your thread, but you did say"enter at own risk", so I will keep my mouth shut.  Deep sigh as I refrain.

Die Hard Hog

Hey HatfieldHog, I agree with a lot of what you said.  As I said before I don't buy into this "we can't do this" crap.  I also agree that we don't need anyone who would run from a challenge.  But, again, using Petrino as an example, he is getting great talent at Louisville, his stadium is sold out every night, and the fans love him.  He probably believes that he can win a national championship there and he may be right.  So how do you lure him away???  Some things are obvious like more money, better facilities, the step up to the SEC etc..  But why would he want to leave Louisville where he is a god and come here if he doesn't think the fan base is at least loyal to the players and or university??  If that is the perception among big name coaches, then we will not get a big name coach, just someone from a lower level school who wants a BIG promotion to an SEC school.  I think we all agree that we need, want, and deserve someone with instant credibility.  Lets do our part as fans to see that that is what happens if and when HDN is let go.

Go Hogs!!!!!!!!

Talon

Quote from: RazorRaider on September 20, 2006, 08:07:47 pm

I am just wondering how many people that are saying wait til the end of the season will  be asking at the end of the season that we let Dale have another chance. Regardless of our final win/loss record. Not saying that they will but the thought has crossed my mind. Presonally I don't see where firing Dale right now would hurt us anymore than he has hurt this program over the past 8 years.

I don't buy off on this "wait until the end of the season" mentality.  The administration owes it to the players to provide the best HC it can.

HogFaninGA

It's quite amuzing that williamsB keeps bringing back old posts to shove it in the faces of "darksiders".  All you do on this board is instigate arguments.  I'm so proud of the way the players played and hope for the best for our team the rest of the season.   However, I will give props to all the coaches including HDN.  I still want HDN gone at the end of the season.  My opinion of him has not changed b/c of 1 game.

williamsB

and you are a man to say that. You are not alone because all teams have fans that want a new coach.

But is there a reason I can not post on certian threads?

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: williamsB on October 09, 2006, 11:38:59 am
But is there a reason I can not post on certian threads?

No, but there are plenty of good reasons HDN should still be fired.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Athog

Thank UGly will get banned for being negative?? I didnt think so...because you have the same opinion as a very very few but the moderators on here. That is why other boards are rocking.....