Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Black out gaining momentum!

Started by Ugly Uncle, September 12, 2006, 08:06:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

If you are going to the Alabama game, will you wear black in protest of HDN?

Yes
82 (29.9%)
Yes if we lose to Vandy
55 (20.1%)
No.
126 (46%)
Not sure yet
11 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Ugly Uncle

It has been talked about on the sports call in shows today.  I will be.  It feels like I am going to a wake for a dead friend.  HDN is killing/killed our program.

Just want to see what you guys think...

People are talking about it and it seems to be gaining momentum.

Let me know your thoughts.
Retired Radio Host

Cresthog

I honestly think that it is very disrespectful...

but....I SAY DO IT!!

Ugly Uncle

You can pick up some very cool black shirts from Pseudo...

PM him, I think he has some more now.

(remember Pseudo...I get a kick back! ;) ;D)
Retired Radio Host

hogsgrl09

sorry...im sort of lost...but why black?
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."
"I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know."

hogsgrl09

Quote from: CabotHog on September 12, 2006, 08:17:53 pm
Quote from: hogsgrl09 on September 12, 2006, 08:17:36 pm

The color of mourning.

lol. but it doesnt really make sense. black is also a hog color. i have like 2 black hog shirts.
no offense...but it seems like a stupid idea.
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

dishhog10

Great idea, lets all show how little respect we have for our team on national tv.  Great idea.   The recruits will love it.
Lets band together and back BP

Landonhog

I can see it now!  Dozens and dozens among the 76,000....  congrats...  ;)

I hate to break it to you, but most your legions are barely old enough to drive; much less season ticket holders....  ;) :razorback:

I don't like Nutt, but we're wasting our time until November.  Seriously.

dishhog10

Quote from: hogsgrl09 on September 12, 2006, 08:18:51 pm

The color of mourning.

lol. but it doesnt really make sense. black is also a hog color. i have like 2 black hog shirts.
no offense...but it seems like a stupid idea.

also very disrespectful.
Lets band together and back BP

CiriusPorker

i'm allergic to black t-shirts. do they have green?

WilsonHog

Should we lose to Vandy, you may well be able to wear Razorback Red to Bama.

BILLYBOB

I said no.  I just can't publicly disrespect the program like that.  I want him gone too, but I'm against blackouts and hateful signs.  There is a process that will be followed, I think we should respect that.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

Landonhog

Quote from: dishhog10 on September 12, 2006, 08:19:26 pm
Great idea, lets all show how little respect we have for our team on national tv.  Great idea.   The recruits will love it.

Exactly...  Why embarrass ourselves...  Everyone will disagree with those consequences, but if they are even possible it's not worth it...  Waste of effort by people who just don't count in the grand scheme of things...  Just embarrassing.  :razorback:  Go Hogs!  Beat Vandy! Beat Bama!

fordyce boy

Absolutely not!!!! I just can't believe this is even being dicussed.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Landonhog on September 12, 2006, 08:22:04 pm

Exactly...  Why embarrass ourselves...  Everyone will disagree with those consequences, but if they are even possible it's not worth it...  Waste of effort by people who just don't count in the grand scheme of things...  Just embarrassing.  :razorback:  Go Hogs!  Beat Vandy! Beat Bama!

I'm picking up an irony in your post Landon.

We don't count - us fans, that is - so we might as well just show up and cheer regardless of the outcome.

That about right?

FowlerProwler

HOW VERY FREAKIN TRUE..........

CiriusPorker

i'm curious whose idea this was..originally?

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

so we got 50 people out of 75000... not looking too good so far hehe.

sowmonella

I love ya Ugly but...this is an awful idea. Hog fans wear RED. :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

1836andon

I've never worn anything but red to a Hogs game.  I see no reason to change now.  But I am in favor of getting rid of this sorry coach!

Landonhog

Quote from: BILLYBOB on September 12, 2006, 08:21:44 pm
I said no.  I just can't publicly disrespect the program like that.  I want him gone too, but I'm against blackouts and hateful signs.  There is a process that will be followed, I think we should respect that.

That's all I'm saying... We asked for and OC, we got it... We got Mitch...  Let's let the KIDS play.  We'll take care of everything in November, if need be...  Whether you admit it or not, this can only hurt the players.  That is a fact.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

CiriusPorker

This is quite possible the worst ANTI-NUTT Idea i've ever heard of.  What a way to completely screw up any recruiting we may have going for us.

GTOWNHOG

Until the supporters that give the MEGA bucks to the Razorback Foundation tell JFB that they want NUTT gone, things will remain as they are. 

I would surmise that if you added up all of the RF donations from the members of this board, you wouldn't have enough money to buy enough gas to power an ant motorcycle half way around a Cheerio.

That's the reason that NOLAN is gone, and we have not reached that point with HDN yet.    It MAY be moving in that direction, but it is not there yet.
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

Arazorbackguy1

this is the kind of discussions people have when George W. Bush is in office.  We are used to being angry all of the time because of that man.  lol
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

jdhoover

Quote from: Landonhog on September 12, 2006, 08:26:14 pm
Quote from: BILLYBOB on September 12, 2006, 08:21:44 pm

That's all I'm saying... We asked for and OC, we got it... We got Mitch...  Let's let the KIDS play.  We'll take care of everything in November, if need be...  Whether you admit it or not, this can only hurt the players.  That is a fact.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Exactly.  We got what we wanted for this year.  Let the season play out!
Don't mistake my support of the Razorbacks and their coaches with the acceptance of mediocrity.

WilsonHog

I agree I don't particularly like the black shirt idea, although I do intend to buy one of pseudo's shirts.

If I had my way there would be no protest at all for the Alabama game.

I'd like for about 40,000 empty seats to speak for themselves.

Were that to happen, Nutt would be lucky not to get fired before he did the first crab pinch.

IB4HOGS

Are all you guys going to wear black if we play in the SEC Championship game?????  

Landonhog

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 12, 2006, 08:23:53 pm

We don't count - us fans, that is - so we might as well just show up and cheer regardless of the outcome.

That about right?

That's exactly right.  We should absolutely show up and cheer for these kids, win or lose...  The coaching situations can be taken care of at another time.  Don't cheapen the work these kids have done all year, by disrespecting the entire program with childish gimmicks.   These players chose to be Razorbacks, and hog fans should support them endlessly!  How could this possibly be unclear?

WilsonHog

Quote from: Landonhog on September 12, 2006, 08:30:30 pm

That about right?

That's exactly right.  We should absolutely show up and cheer for these kids, win or lose...  The coaching situations can be taken care of at another time.  Don't cheapen the work these kids have done all year, by disrespecting the entire program with childish gimmicks.   These players chose to be Razorbacks, and hog fans should support them endlessly!  How could this possibly be unclear?

Oh, it's not unclear.

Not at all.

In fact, I got your point with crystal clarity.

I just have an extremely difficult time being told after I pay for something that I just need to shut up and take whatever is given to me and be thankful that I was given that much.

bfosh

What a joke...if you want to make a statement...just stay home.  Unbelievable.

Go Hogs :razorback:

pigture perfect

Quote from: uglyuncle on September 12, 2006, 08:18:57 pm

The color of mourning.

A state and program in mourning.
We will look like A state. j/k

I've always liked the thought of adding black as a third color. I think it show a little mean streak, that we've been lacking.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hawgabilly

Quote from: Landonhog on September 12, 2006, 08:30:30 pm

That about right?

That's exactly right.  We should absolutely show up and cheer for these kids, win or lose...  The coaching situations can be taken care of at another time.  Don't cheapen the work these kids have done all year, by disrespecting the entire program with childish gimmicks.   These players chose to be Razorbacks, and hog fans should support them endlessly!  How could this possibly be unclear?
Like or Dislike Nutt however you want. But to disrepect the kids and the program in public in their home stadium is an attempt to kill the program for good.

I will always be wearing red.

hog caller

well i may be out on a limb but i say there is no way we are going to lose tio VAndy.
no way.

we have the talent on bosard to kick some butt this year and we might as well start with VAndy. our offence should be better this week but not great.yet.

bet we run a lot agains VAndy.

hogsgrl09

im dissapointed that yall are thinking we might lose to vandy.  :(

CiriusPorker

Quote from: hog caller on September 12, 2006, 08:38:41 pm
well i may be out on a limb but i say there is no way we are going to lose tio VAndy.
no way.

we have the talent on bosard to kick some butt this year and we might as well start with VAndy. our offence should be better this week but not great.yet.

bet we run a lot agains VAndy.

your post kind of reads like you haven't been watching any of the games.

BigoBoys

I have been in support of losing Nutt since he transferred to Okla St, but I don't think this is appropriate. It seems as though once we go inside the stadium we are there to support the kids.   With what lies ahead for guys like Freddie Fairchild I don't think seeing a bunch of these shirts in the stands will help him or any of the other kids who are playing for us in any way.  It certainly should confuse those recruits and their parents. 
  What I am in support of is sending shirts, emails, and letters to Broyles and White.  You remember last year when Frank said that he "had not got any letters".  This method is more recognizable to him.  Send him letters and then when he is asked by the media he will have to either lie or tell the truth.  Either way we will know. 
  We lose to Vandy and I will buy a shirt.  Just won't wear it in the stadium.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Landonhog on September 12, 2006, 08:19:59 pm
I hate to break it to you, but most your legions are barely old enough to drive; much less season ticket holders.... 

Care to up those numbers?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

clemensrules01

Quote from: uglyuncle on September 12, 2006, 08:06:14 pm
It has been talked about on the sports call in shows today.  I will be.  It feels like I am going to a wake for a dead friend.  HDN is killing/killed our program.

Just want to see what you guys think...

People are talking about it and it seems to be gaining momentum.

Let me know your thoughts.
this is possibly the most disrespectful and idiotic thought ive ever seen.

it has never been done before and there is a reason...because it is, to borrow a line from carlos mencia, DEE DEE DEE.

Brand X Hog Fan

September 12, 2006, 08:49:27 pm #38 Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 09:00:34 pm by Seahawk4ever
Quote from: WilsonHog on September 12, 2006, 08:21:08 pm
Should we lose to Vandy, you may well be able to wear Razorback Red to Bama.

Excellent point Wison! Excellent point! If we beat Vandy, how about black paper sacks over our heads as well as the shirts? j/k  ;)

Go HOGS!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Landonhog

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on September 12, 2006, 08:43:30 pm
Quote from: Landonhog on September 12, 2006, 08:19:59 pm
I hate to break it to you, but most your legions are barely old enough to drive; much less season ticket holders.... 

Care to up those numbers?

I assume you mean "back up" those numbers...

"If you look around the table and don't see a sucker, you're probably it..."

If you don't pick up on this from reading the constant drivel, I can't help you...

DEVICEHIGH

September 12, 2006, 08:56:16 pm #40 Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 08:57:58 pm by DEVICEHIGH
No.

I am thankful we have the privilege to express our opinion about FIRE NUTT! on this board. And I love to read a good FIRE NUTT! thread posted 50 times by different members in different ways over and over and over. And nobody loves to see every thread hijacked with a FIRE NUTT! or 2 thrown in, more than I.

But there is a line, I for one, would not want to see crossed.

I would not like to see signs shoved in his face as he sings the fight song at the end of a winning game, like another post has suggested.

And I would not like to see a public display of discontent for this team at a ball game. Out of respect for the players, I would not like to see this.

Just my thoughts. Now [SMITE ME] .. Oh wait, you can't!  ;)

And buy the way, FIRE NUTT!
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

missippihog

Some of the so called Razorback fans are showing their true colors now. Be sure to jump far enough away from the bandwagon so that you don't get run over.

Bucksnort

This is about the most ridiculous thread I have seen on here in awhile.  I will be at RRS wearing my Razorback RED come 'Bama time.

hogsrmyfav36

It's disrespectful to the players.  Razorback fans should wear red to the game.  No matter how much we hate HDN
F&*!NG INTRANET

HogHeathen

No! It puts a black eye on our program.  Not to mention it seems a little childish.

jkstock04

I ordered my Nutt Moral Nat'l championship today, I figured, why the hell not??....these should be a big hit among fellow Hogville people...
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Macgyver Hawg

You all could make a huge statment by going clear.

40,000 naked hog fans showed up in protest of the head coach.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: abostian on September 12, 2006, 08:25:00 pm
so we got 50 people out of 75000... not looking too good so far hehe.

How's that DUMBASS coach you love so much working out for you right now?

The players will know that the shirts are for Nutt, know one else.  Many of them post on here, and they aren't stupid.

Empty seats would hurt Broyles and that would be good..but, talk about hurting the players and recruiting.

At least in black shirts we would still cheer for the players.

I think it's a great middle of the road idea.

One last thing:  We will lose to overachieving Vandy.  The are going to kick our underachieving ass until we bend over in submission before they finish us off.

GO COMMODORES!!!!!!!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

ZAP743

Personally, i think its a dumb idea...Whether you like the coach or not, we should all still support all the players who are battling out there! I'm not lucky enough to be able to go to every home game being that i'm a broke college student that is 4 hrs away, but when i go, you can bet i'll have my razorback red on cheering my lungs out! I'm tired of HDN, and have been for years now(would've thrown in a few bucks myself to Nebraska and LSU if they would've taken him) but he's still the coach this season, and i'll cheer them all on!! GO HOGS!!!

Oklahawg

Why not a custom-designed Razorback Red shirt? Take a generic red t-shirt and have imprinted (in white) on it your favorite slogan or quote about the HDN situation. Provided you don't print something containing profanity, or advocating violence (no "lynch HDN" shirts, please) the ushers will have a hard time telling you to take it off. Dozens and dozens of different shirts expressing the same theme.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra