Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kodi Burns goes on the record

Started by The Recruiting Guy, August 25, 2006, 07:53:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

I just received a call from Kodi and this is what he had to say.

TRG: There is a rumor that Auburn is doing negative recruiting by using the race card?

Kodi: I just want to clear this up right now. Auburn has never done anything like that in my recruitment. None of the coaches from Auburn have ever brought up race during my recruitment. It really bothers me that certain people would make up a rumor like this as a possible explanation if I decide not to come to Arkansas. My parents and I would like to know how this rumor got started. We are really baffled by all of this.

TRG: I'm glad we can finally put a end to all that.

TRG: How does Arkansas stand right now?

Kodi: I really like Arkansas and they're still in it.

TRG: How's the recruiting going with Coach Malzahn?

Kodi: Coach Malzahn has been keeping in good contact with me.

TRG: There was some talk of Oklahoma coming in late. Is that true?.

Kodi: Oklahoma isn't a option. It's still down to Arkansas and Auburn.

TRG: Are you still planning to go to the Auburn - Arkansas game?

Kodi: Yes. That's one of my visits that I'm going to take.

I told Kodi that I really appreciated him taking the time to call me and he told me that he was glad that I gave him the opportunity to clear this up. Kodi said he will keep in touch with me.

whatsshakinbacon

Nice work TRG - time we put that rumor to rest.  I hear it's been restated by some very public sources that pride themselves on recruiting...apparently they are WRONG!!

Bacon out...

WilsonHog

It bothers a lot of us, Kodi. Desperate acts by desperate people. Desperate, but not surprising.

Have a great senior year. 

piglett06

Another famous vicious rumor from someone trying to be cute.

The Pulse

I really wish the whole racism thing in our country would just go away. It's not cool. but i just might be dreaming cuz i don't know if it will ever be done away with.

Oklahawg

Stunning that people who get paid to cover recruiting report obvious falsehoods, but a volunteer acting as TRG can cut right through the hubris and give us the facts.

Kodi, do well, young man. You deserve greatness whereever you go.

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

SPAL

it is sad this even has to be addressed....odus prolly sent kodi to auburn with all this bull darn

Immensehog

Did he say how tall he actually was?
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

T-Bag Hawg

I still don't feel good about him coming. I really hope I am wrong.
It's a pill, that gives worms to ex-girlfriends!  You just don't get it!

whatsshakinbacon

August 25, 2006, 10:07:19 pm #9 Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 10:14:48 pm by whatsshakinbacon
Quote from: T-Bag Hawg on August 25, 2006, 10:01:12 pm

Our chances would be better if some of this misinformation weren't out there.  I have to think somebody's torpedoing this process, and Auburn would stand too much to lose if caught.  And why is a segment of the state media running with it?  What is their connection to bad information?

Bacon out...

beatnikluv

Rock on, TRG - thanks for the update :)

T-Bag Hawg

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on August 25, 2006, 10:07:19 pm

Our chances would be better if some of this misinformation weren't out there.  I have to think somebody's torpedoing this process, and Auburn would stand too much to lose if caught.  And why is a segment of the state media running with it?  What is their connection to bad information?

Bacon out...

Couldn't agree more.  Otis is a disgrace.  I am really ashamed that one of the 1st people the recruits meet is that mouthbreather.  Mods, please don't delete.  Cross out the mouthbreather comment if you wish, but I am sick of him!
It's a pill, that gives worms to ex-girlfriends!  You just don't get it!

jabohog

If this had been Fulmer, I would not have hesitated to believe it. Auburn doesn't have to do this kind of crap, they have real recruiters at their school. Where we have Kodi and plan B or C, Auburn has several plan A's that could commit. 

pseudorabies

I feel for Kodi and his parents for having to go through this crap.  They should not have to spend their time answering questions like this.  Someone needs to be held accountable.

SiriusHog™

this may be a dumb question, but why is "the recruiting guy" not identified??

pseudorabies

Quote from: SiriusHog on August 25, 2006, 10:44:54 pm

He doesn't do this for the money or personal recognition.

SiriusHog™

Quote from: pseudorabies on August 25, 2006, 10:54:50 pm

its just a hobby?

pseudorabies

Quote from: SiriusHog on August 25, 2006, 10:55:50 pm
Quote from: pseudorabies on August 25, 2006, 10:54:50 pm

its just a hobby?

apparently.

SiriusHog™

Hollywood_HOGan

TRG's section on this board is just killer. SO much good info its ridiculous.

Otis Kirk is a joke.

Rock on TRG.

Lanny

TRG is a freelancer.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

willkhitey

Is there any way to hold Otis Kirk accountable for starting this shite?
"What a terrible waste it is to lose one's mind"
--Dan Quayle, speaking to the NAACP

HBTHogs

yeah, if Kodi wants to get to the bottom of it, he needs to ask Otis where he heard it.  Otis is the reason everyone else is talking about it.

Joe_HogFan12

Quote from: The Recruiting Guy on August 25, 2006, 07:53:40 pm
I just received a call from Kodi and this is what he had to say.

TRG: There is a rumor that Auburn is doing negative recruiting by using the race card?

Kodi: I just want to clear this up right now. Auburn has never done anything like that in my recruitment. None of the coaches from Auburn have ever brought up race during my recruitment. It really bothers me that certain people would make up a rumor like this as a possible explanation if I decide not to come to Arkansas. My parents and I would like to know how this rumor got started. We are really baffled by all of this.

TRG: I'm glad we can finally put a end to all that.

TRG: How does Arkansas stand right now?

Kodi: I really like Arkansas and they're still in it.

TRG: How's the recruiting going with Coach Malzahn?

Kodi: Coach Malzahn has been keeping in good contact with me.

TRG: There was some talk of Oklahoma coming in late. Is that true?.

Kodi: Oklahoma isn't a option. It's still down to Arkansas and Auburn.

TRG: Are you still planning to go to the Auburn - Arkansas game?

Kodi: Yes. That's one of my visits that I'm going to take.

I told Kodi that I really appreciated him taking the time to call me and he told me that he was glad that I gave him the opportunity to clear this up. Kodi said he will keep in touch with me.

Great Job ! Thanks for the INFO  :razorback: GO HOGS !!

staffhog

I still have a bad taste in my mouth about the racial crap concerning Batman.  I wish Hsv would nip this crap when the posting reverts to racial BS.  I can't see how this helps the board or anyone on it. 

cubbie

Cant we just ask otis where he heard this next tuesday on sports wrap?
If you were a Hotdog would you eat yourself? I know I would.

TennesseeRaz

Kodi, feel free to come up and sit with the folks wearing Hog Hats at the Auburn game.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: TennesseeRaz on August 26, 2006, 05:21:55 pm
Kodi, feel free to come up and sit with the folks wearing Hog Hats at the Auburn game.

Or even better yet, commit to Arkansas now and you can come watch it at my house.

Bacon out...

HawgPilot

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 26, 2006, 02:42:14 pm
Quote from: cubbie on August 26, 2006, 02:05:33 pm
Cant we just ask otis where he heard this next tuesday on sports wrap?

Can someone call Wally on "The Show With No Name" Monday and ask where he got his info too ?

one of the best ideas I've heard  +1

HogHeathen

I hope this young man comes to Arkansas.  We need kids like this representing our university.

BustinANutt

why does his statement make you think that the rumor is false, he is not going to admit it because he is leaning towards Auburn now. If we have the great 9-3 10-2 season that many of us are hoping for, and Kodi comes to Arkansas, then we will know if this rumor was true or not.

WindyCityHog

Quote from: BustinANutt on August 26, 2006, 09:33:46 pm
why does his statement make you think that the rumor is false, he is not going to admit it because he is leaning towards Auburn now. If we have the great 9-3 10-2 season that many of us are hoping for, and Kodi comes to Arkansas, then we will know if this rumor was true or not.

You don't believe what was said?

Kodi himself said it was BS.....so it's BS.  What level of proof do you require?

Oklahawg

If UA wasn't a legit player for Kodi's signature in February don't you think he'd have just let this go and toss his commit to another school? Its obvious that this young man, like the last QB commit we got, is interested in the details and behind-the-scenes stuff associated with the program.

The good thing is that a new coach could basically say, "we will have new recruiting gurus." He won't have to say that, he can just make sure that OK doesn't get the coach's freebie list handed to him. Hard to screw up covering recruiting when it comes straight from the staff.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

southeasthog

Bottom line... if this rumor did come from the HDN camp, they all should be handed their walking papers.

HedgeDweller

Find the SOURCE, so far all we have been able to bad mouth is those who have passed along what THEY heard.
Wouldn't suprise me if it wasn't 'reverse psychology' from the AU camp, knowing the rumor would get blamed on the UA camp.  Stranger things have happened.
The fact is: WE DON'T KNOW WHO STARTED THE B.S., I don't believe for a second that is something Otis fabricated.  He shouldn't have reported it (or maybe he SHOULD so we could get it out there and get to the bottom and get it squelched) but I am sure he must have heard it from numerous sources before he reported it.
However, we are equally to blame - by constantly talking about it, we GIVE IT LIFE.   It is untrue, LET IT DIE.

jammerhog

I JUST HOPE IF KODI COMMITS WE DON,T TRY TO MAKE HIM A DEFENSIVE END

SteelShot

Quote from: T-Bag Hawg on August 25, 2006, 10:17:08 pm

Bacon out...

Couldn't agree more.  Otis is a disgrace.  I am really ashamed that one of the 1st people the recruits meet is that mouthbreather.  Mods, please don't delete.  Cross out the mouthbreather comment if you wish, but I am sick of him!

Amen.  How on earth he gets published in a statewide newspaper is beyond me.  He is joke and a disgrace.  We need to get a petition together to remove Grit and replace him with TRG. 
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"

Hawgballz

Quote from: SteelShot on August 29, 2006, 11:48:01 am

Bacon out...

Amen.  How on earth he gets published in a statewide newspaper is beyond me.  He is joke and a disgrace.  We need to get a petition together to remove Grit and replace him with TRG. 

The Kodi Burns rumor about race was posted on this board nearly a week before Otis or any other "media" reported it, so maybe we should take a closer look at ourselves. 
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

pseudorabies

Quote from: HawgBall06 on August 29, 2006, 02:04:12 pm

Bacon out...

The Kodi Burns rumor about race was posted on this board nearly a week before Otis or any other "media" reported it, so maybe we should take a closer look at ourselves. 

Link?

Hawgballz

Quote from: pseudorabies on August 29, 2006, 02:17:24 pm

Bacon out...

Link?

Pseudorabies, look about a third of the way down.  Tomcat is the first to mention, but I know there were others before him.  This is just a quick one in the recruiting forum on 8/15/06, but there were others in the MMQB at least 1 or 2 days earlier.  I also heard this rumor from at least 3 different people in person around this same time.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,68317.0.html

pseudorabies

Quote from: HawgBall06 on August 29, 2006, 02:47:55 pm

Bacon out...

Link?

Pseudorabies, look about a third of the way down.  Tomcat is the first to mention, but I know there were others before him.  This is just a quick one in the recruiting forum on 8/15/06, but there were others in the MMQB at least 1 or 2 days earlier.  I also heard this rumor from at least 3 different people in person around this same time.

It was on Rivals before that.

whatsshakinbacon

Bacon out...

Posted as a rumor, not printed as a fact.

Bacon out...

Hawgballz

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on August 29, 2006, 02:59:15 pm

Bacon out...

Bacon out...

As far as I know it has always been a rumor and since it has been reputed by the Burns family then I am assuming that is what it is a "rumor".

Hawgballz

Quote from: pseudorabies on August 29, 2006, 02:57:01 pm
Quote from: HawgBall06 on August 29, 2006, 02:47:55 pm

Bacon out...

Link?

It was on Rivals before that.

I had not heard that.  Was it on a message board on in a article?   ???

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: HawgBall06 on August 29, 2006, 03:23:02 pm

Bacon out...

Bacon out...

As far as I know it has always been a rumor and since it has been reputed by the Burns family then I am assuming that is what it is a "rumor".

Responsible journalists don't print "rumors".

Bacon out...

Hawgballz

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on August 29, 2006, 03:44:22 pm
Quote from: HawgBall06 on August 29, 2006, 03:23:02 pm

Bacon out...

Bacon out...

Responsible journalists don't print "rumors".

Bacon out...

I take it that you are talking about Wally.  I don't read his articles and have not for years now.  I burned out on Wally before Nolan left to give you some idea of how long it has been.  What I heard Otis report on the radio was something that he had been told and that was how he reported it, but that does not excuse him not picking up a phone and calling someone with the Burns family and confirming it.