Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Love the Matchup!

Started by OldTimeHawg, March 11, 2018, 05:53:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OldTimeHawg

I am upset we didn't get a 6, but I like our matchup.  Purdue is a lot better matchup than a Michigan State, and Butler is a GREAT matchup.
HOGS = LIFE

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hawgdavis

If we go out and play like we are capable of then I'm not worried who we play. I'm with you though it could have been a worse group to get started with.

Sho Nuff

Quote from: OldTimeHawg on March 11, 2018, 05:53:24 pm
I am upset we didn't get a 6, but I like our matchup.  Purdue is a lot better matchup than a Michigan State, and Butler is a GREAT matchup.
I know nothing about Butler this year, what makes them a great matchup for us?

40MINSOFHELL

Yes, I'm excited. Hope this is the year we break the first weekend curse lol

OldTimeHawg

Quote from: Sho Nuff on March 11, 2018, 06:13:39 pm
I know nothing about Butler this year, what makes them a great matchup for us?

They don't have big guards.  When Macon and Barford have the height advantage we feast.  Their guard play is not good.  Outstanding matchup for arkansas
HOGS = LIFE

alohawg

If Arkansas plays like that 2nd half against Florida, they can beat just about any team.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Athog

Quote from: OldTimeHawg on March 11, 2018, 05:53:24 pm

Agree. All things considered we did all right.

WoodyHog

Butler is a good matchup.  They will play to our pace, and don't have a lot of size insider or terribly athletic guards.  They do have a couple of guys that are just good players.  If Gafford can stay on the floor, I think we can roll.  If he gets in foul trouble, we may have some trouble -- their center can stretch out and is crafty.  I like our chances.

Dominicanhog

it's about match ups this time of year.. they are all tough and sometimes you win on luck but we can move forward in our bracket in any game... location is a concern for the first rounds

phadedhawg

I'm more excited about this than I thought I would be

OldTimeHawg

Quote from: phadedhawg on March 11, 2018, 07:37:14 pm
I'm more excited about this than I thought I would be

I would be very worried if we were that 6 seed getting Michigan State in the next round.  I'm a lot more confident we can work with our draw.  It was going to be tough either way folks...but this was the best possible path for us in my opinion
HOGS = LIFE