Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time to pull together

Started by PharmacistHog, February 28, 2018, 07:24:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PharmacistHog

What a fun game last night. We seem to be firing on all cylinders at the right time. The way gafford is playing like a beast we are poised to make a run. Let's drop the hater/lover crap and root for our Hogs. I have deleted several threads and posts. Anybody that tries to call out other posters is getting moved or deleted. I dont care who has posted what over the season I'm sick of it. If you want to talk trash about another poster you can go do it in the trash because that's where its going. The way they are playing right now this could turn into a special season so we should enjoy it.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

J-Five

LOL...yeah, great win last night.  So proud of this team and Coach Anderson. 
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

jst01

For real. Sick of the focus being who is right/ wrong about the team and coach. More discussion on basketball, even if people don't agree at least it's on the game and not on each other.

J-Five

For me, it's just so frustrating to hear folks bash the team the whole season, and now we're supposed to all come together as if nothing happened...LOL.  But I get it, I guess...once again, GREAT WIN!
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

Nickle-Pig

Social sites are where cowards go to get a cup of courage.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

JRHoward

Was great to see the Hogs playing last night!  Seniors feeding the Freshman...Great effort.  Fun!  Go Hogs!
Woooo Pig!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: J-Five on February 28, 2018, 07:41:48 am
For me, it's just so frustrating to hear folks bash the team the whole season, and now we're supposed to all come together as if nothing happened...LOL.  But I get it, I guess...once again, GREAT WIN!
Just as it is frustrating for a lot of folks to hear people prop up bad play as if it didn't exist. 

Player bashing should be punished.  It is against the rules. 

Attacking another poster should be punished.  It is against the rules.

Disagreeing, even obnoxiously, about the state of the program or the ability of the coach is valid discussion and part of the forum. 

Seriously, the team is 21-9 with some really good wins and some really bad losses and a lot of amazing plays and almost as many lackluster efforts.  The system lends itself to criticism by traditional basketball fans because it forces the players to ignore traditional basketball rules and play at a frenetic, breakneck pace to cover for the lack of fundamentals.  It's fun to watch when it's working and it blows goat when it's not.

Most of us want to do just what you do watching the game.  Cheer when things go right and fume when they go wrong.  But the stupid division on this forum makes it impossible to enjoy the game AND discuss it in real time at the same time.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

Kevin

Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 28, 2018, 07:52:20 am
Just as it is frustrating for a lot of folks to hear people prop up bad play as if it didn't exist. 

Disagreeing, even obnoxiously, about the state of the program or the ability of the coach is valid discussion and part of the forum. 

Seriously, the team is 21-9 with some really good wins and some really bad losses and a lot of amazing plays and almost as many lackluster efforts.  The system lends itself to criticism by traditional basketball fans because it forces the players to ignore traditional basketball rules and play at a frenetic, breakneck pace to cover for the lack of fundamentals.  It's fun to watch when it's working and it blows goat when it's not.

Most of us want to do just what you do watching the game.  Cheer when things go right and fume when they go wrong.  But the stupid division on this forum makes it impossible to enjoy the game AND discuss it in real time at the same time.

best post in a long while on jump ball
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

GuvHog

Quote from: J-Five on February 28, 2018, 07:41:48 am

I agree with you but picking fights with those who do that as some on here do, just makes matters worse. Best just to ignore them.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

thebignasty

Some of the losses were hard to watch, but none of our losses have been to 'bad' teams. 

Dr. Starcs

The only bad losses on our resume are the LSU games.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 28, 2018, 08:00:23 am
The only bad losses on our resume are the LSU games.

Quote from: thebignasty on February 28, 2018, 08:00:20 am
Some of the losses were hard to watch, but none of our losses have been to 'bad' teams.

I'm guessing y'all are the product of the Arkansas school system, since you don't know what "some" means...

But I would also disagree with you.  The loss to UNC was a bad loss.  It happened on national TV with everybody talking about how we wanted payback for the NCCAT last year, that we were ready to take the next step.  Then we got spanked.  The Houston loss was bad, too.  Again, national TV, again spanked.  Florida?  Spanked.  TAMU, the first?  Spanked.  those are bad losses, even if the teams are good.  Particularly with 6 SRs and all that jazz.

We are really good when we are good.  And we are really bad when we are bad.  And most of the time, we are pretty good.  Hopefully, we are going to carry some of this really good into the NCAAT.
All Gas, No Brakes!

From Tusk Till Dawn

I work with a consultant who comes here from New York once a month.  He is a bball fan and decided to go to a game at the Bud.  He came back completely blown away, said the environment was unreal.  I get proud every time I hear the announcers say what a tough place it is to play.  This team isnt perfect but they are OUR team (each one, not just the big 3) and thrive on our support.  Let's give them 💯 cause nobody fills the stadiums (home or away) like we do.

Cotton

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 28, 2018, 07:24:42 am
What a fun game last night. We seem to be firing on all cylinders at the right time. The way gafford is playing like a beast we are poised to make a run. Let's drop the hater/lover crap and root for our Hogs. I have deleted several threads and posts. Anybody that tries to call out other posters is getting moved or deleted. I dont care who has posted what over the season I'm sick of it. If you want to talk trash about another poster you can go do it in the trash because that's where its going. The way they are playing right now this could turn into a special season so we should enjoy it.
Seconded. All things aside, last night was fun and there's some momentum building!
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

DeltaBoy

Solid win last night. Woo Pig!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

steveaustin69

+1

elksnort

This is an excellent post and I don't think it could have been better stated. Thank you.

thebignasty

Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 28, 2018, 08:06:58 am
I'm guessing y'all are the product of the Arkansas school system, since you don't know what "some" means...

But I would also disagree with you.  The loss to UNC was a bad loss.  It happened on national TV with everybody talking about how we wanted payback for the NCCAT last year, that we were ready to take the next step.  Then we got spanked.  The Houston loss was bad, too.  Again, national TV, again spanked.  Florida?  Spanked.  TAMU, the first?  Spanked.  those are bad losses, even if the teams are good.  Particularly with 6 SRs and all that jazz

We are really good when we are good.  And we are really bad when we are bad.  And most of the time, we are pretty good.  Hopefully, we are going to carry some of this really good into the NCAAT.
Well, if we have no bad losses, then we don't have some....  I agree that some of those losses weren't fun to watch, but none of them look bad on the resume at the end of the year.  Their offense of your delicate nature doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things.

LSU is the worst team we've lost to this year, and they're still a top 100 rpi team. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: thebignasty on February 28, 2018, 08:36:25 am
LSU is the worst team we've lost to this year, and they're still a top 100 rpi team.

I can handle the loss of the road, that happens. But losing by 20 at home to them is pitiful and is really hurting us right now. It is keeping us from being alone in 3rd place.

Gonzo

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 28, 2018, 07:24:42 am
What a fun game last night. We seem to be firing on all cylinders at the right time. The way gafford is playing like a beast we are poised to make a run. Let’s drop the hater/lover crap and root for our Hogs. I have deleted several threads and posts. Anybody that tries to call out other posters is getting moved or deleted. I dont care who has posted what over the season I’m sick of it. If you want to talk trash about another poster you can go do it in the trash because that’s where its going. The way they are playing right now this could turn into a special season so we should enjoy it.

Completely agree PH, it looks like the team is surging coming into the postseason, would be so nice to be able to read and/or have discussions here about what's going on without the petty eye poking going on from all corners.

Go Hogs!

liljo

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 28, 2018, 09:06:22 am
I can handle the loss of the road, that happens. But losing by 20 at home to them is pitiful and is really hurting us right now. It is keeping us from being alone in 3rd place.

Dig deep. You CAN handle this.

18-22 year old kids. Some days they just don't have it, for whatever reason. And some days--some days the OTHER guys are just ON. Things happen.

Let it go. You CAN handle it. Three deep breaths. Now, CALL THE HOGS! Just let loose and go on a Hog-hollerin' spree! Smile!

You can do it.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

Cotton

Quote from: liljo on February 28, 2018, 09:43:43 am
Dig deep. You CAN handle this.

18-22 year old kids. Some days they just don't have it, for whatever reason. And some days--some days the OTHER guys are just ON. Things happen.

Let it go. You CAN handle it. Three deep breaths. Now, CALL THE HOGS! Just let loose and go on a Hog-hollerin' spree! Smile!

You can do it.
I was with you until you said smile and then I got nauseous.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

liljo

Quote from: Cotton on February 28, 2018, 10:24:20 am
I was with you until you said smile and then I got nauseous.

Agreed. That was a bit much.  :(
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

razobak

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 28, 2018, 09:06:22 am

That game, we didn't necessarily play awful, we just couldn't throw the ball in the ocean. I think we were something like 33% from the field that game, and 60% from the line. Nothing was going in, even open looks and even shots that were the result of good offense. Just one of those days. It was 32-11 halfway through the first half, and we played them to a draw from that point forward. That game sucked, but sometimes your shots just aren't falling and there's not much you can do about missing open shots. Yeah it's an ugly loss, but in the eyes of the committee, it's our only Q3 loss and that's all they care about.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

poloprince

Some of these dudes are funny
$PoLoPrInCe$