Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3 Razorbacks invited to combine per national website

Started by LRRandy, February 06, 2018, 02:50:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawg1221

TexasRazorback

NoogaHog

I was hoping David Williams would get an invite. Maybe he can show out on pro day and go to camp as an UDFA.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

LRRandy

Quote from: TexasRazorback on February 06, 2018, 04:07:21 pm
Just click on the grade question mark. it explains they are still being evaluated.
got it. Thanks
This is fun, isn't it.

Porkys Revenge

Thats embarrassing. We had more talent before BB got here than the year he left. But all we heard was how Bert inherited such a dumpster fire.

He shoulda been fired after his first season - standing on the sidelines like a big, emotionless, blob of ignorance that had just smelled a skunk.

Flrazrback

Awesome, glad for these three Gentlemen. All have shown talent and moments of excellence.

bennyl08

Quote from: NoogaHog on February 06, 2018, 04:18:35 pm
I was hoping David Williams would get an invite. Maybe he can show out on pro day and go to camp as an UDFA.

Don't be surprised if there's an injured player that can't compete at the combine and Williams gets an invite or such. That inevitably happens. Depends on how high David is on the list though.

I expect Eugene and Paul Ramirez to really shine out on the pro day. Ramirez could have at least a Jefferson level NFL career with several seasons earning a paycheck, mostly on a PS with a few weeks here and there on the active. I'd be shocked if Bijhon doesn't get a FA deal as well. Biggest question for him will be his conditioning. He has the first step explosion of somebody who weighs 100 pounds less and would make him a steal in the NFL, but he hasn't been able to keep up his conditioning his entire career yet. Perhaps a shot at the NFL will get him the motivation he's struggled to find before.

Basically, this years draft is Ragnow somewhere in the 2-4 round range. Henre's looking at a 6th round to priority FA, possibly going in the 5th with a good combine. Austin was going to be a later round pick due to his height even if he improved on his 2016 season. With his shoulder injury this year, he's really a wildcard. It was a tale of two seasons for him. He was rated as the 8th best returning player in the SEC regardless of class at the end of last year. Played much better than anybody expected and was poised to be a top 5 qb this year. This year, he went through a bit of what his brother did, losing confidence in the players around him and going through a year with a lost team. Had the season not spiraled, I don't think it's a reach that he could have gone as early as the late 3rd round. He'd be going into the draft with a better arm than BA, two great seasons as opposed to a half of one, and more of that clutch factor. As it stands now, he'll likely be a FA, though he if he shows in the combine what he showed in 2016, that could be enough for a team to take a flier on him in the 7th.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

ChicoHog

I wouldn't be surprised if no one gets drafted at all except Ragnow. We did not have a very talented senior class. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.