• 391,808 Topics
• 22,127 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This Is About the Time . . .  (Read 738 times)

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
This Is About the Time . . .
« on: February 05, 2018, 09:05:52 am »

. . . Nolan and Mike Anderson teams start rolling.  Four of the next five are at home.  The one road game is winnable. 

Even Nolan's best teams seemed to have a mid-season lull.  Now's the time to make a case for the NCAA tournament.

razorpimp

• All-American Hogvillian
Re: This Is About the Time . . .
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 09:13:20 am »

Only way this team has a chance of success is for Stubborn Mike to change his ways....if he knows how

Stop full court whatever it is
Zone
Grind it out

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

micali

• Hogvillian
  • My sharpie drawing.
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 09:17:53 am »

Ya, this year I've just about give up on. I think we peeked at the pk80 tournament and weve seen the best this team can do and now no defense has set in I don't know if we make the Madness.  It's practically the same thing every week especially on the road. Get down by double digits, claw our way back to within 5 and lose by 11.  SOSDD. Wish they wouldn't have given Mike an extension. 

OkieBack

• Varsity
  • Everybody Love Everybody
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 09:19:08 am »

. . . Nolan and Mike Anderson teams start rolling.  Four of the next five are at home.  The one road game is winnable. 

Even Nolan's best teams seemed to have a mid-season lull.  Now's the time to make a case for the NCAA tournament.

This last road loss to LSU wasn't good at all.  I hope they can muster up a big run now but right now they are giving the naysayers allot of ammunition.  Defense, team roles, and fundamentals are just escaping these players right now.  Hope they figure out soon that everything good starts on defense.  Can't get lazy, boys.  Gotta guard em all.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 09:26:36 am »

The last 2 road games were winnable too, yet the Hogs laid 2 huge eggs.

rzrbkman

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 09:28:16 am »

It's a shame when teams are allowed to get used to having a down time in the middle of their season on a regular basis.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 09:50:11 am »

the next two games are tailored made for this team.  at home, and not facing real good penetrating point guards.

311Hog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 09:56:16 am »

this team better get on a roll or they might find themselves "senior laden and doing damage" at the house.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 10:03:30 am »

The last 2 road games were winnable too, yet the Hogs laid 2 huge eggs.

How many times does Arkansas win on the road in the SEC?  Ole Miss is more winnable than A&M or LSU, but the odds are it will be a loss. The point is that late season runs and peaking at tournament time have been hallmarks of Richardson and Anderson coached teams, and the next five games give the Hogs a chance to get on that roll.

OkieBack

• Varsity
  • Everybody Love Everybody
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 10:09:01 am »

How many times does Arkansas win on the road in the SEC?  Ole Miss is more winnable than A&M or LSU, but the odds are it will be a loss. The point is that late season runs and peaking at tournament time have been hallmarks of Richardson and Anderson coached teams, and the next five games give the Hogs a chance to get on that roll.

I hope you are right.  The turning point is right now.  There is no more room for poor defense or confusion offensively.  The pieces need to fall into place right now or else we will all be watching the NCAAT Hog-less.  I hope the guys can get on that winning streak starting tomorrow night.  Time to separate the men from the boys.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 10:10:48 am »

Some with Anderson.  Some not.  His 2009-10 Mizzou team lost 3 of their last 4 and 4 of their last 6 including first round B12T exit in a 15pt loss to Nebraska.  His last Mizzou team lost 5 of their last 6 with 4 of those losses by double digits.  We know how our 2013-14 team imploded at the end. 

This one is different because of the minutes the guards have played and will continue to have to play. 

Must win these two at home. 

Ole Miss is willing to play our tempo.  The way we are playing defense not sure how that is a good thing at Ole Miss.

navyhog24

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 10:14:00 am »

The point is that late season runs and peaking at tournament time have been hallmarks of Richardson and Anderson coached teams, and the next five games give the Hogs a chance to get on that roll.

010HogFan

• I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 10:15:27 am »

who cares. this team stinks and will probably be a 1 seed in the NIT.

elkhog

• back in the doldrums again...
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 10:19:03 am »

the next two games are tailored made for this team.  at home, and not facing real good penetrating point guards.

And that will be about it for the year.  Maybe one more on the road.

jst01

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 10:42:00 am »

In my opinion, the thing that will be different this year is all the SR’s. And I don’t mean that as a positive. I think all but two seniors know they have no future in basketball, and two have a possible future.  I think some players will have the attitude of “let’s just get this over with” and others have the attitude of “well if y’all arent gonna try then I’m going to do what I need to do”. And what you get is what we have seen, no team effort and inconsistent play.

code red

• You can't handle the truth!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 11:27:43 am »

Ya, this year I've just about give up on. I think we peeked at the pk80 tournament and weve seen the best this team can do and now no defense has set in I don't know if we make the Madness.  It's practically the same thing every week especially on the road. Get down by double digits, claw our way back to within 5 and lose by 11.  SOSDD. Wish they wouldn't have given Mike an extension. 
Agreed. Seriously....we probably should have 2 SEC wins.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 11:49:20 am »

Agreed. Seriously....we probably should have 2 SEC wins.

They are literally 3 shots away from being 1-9 in sec play.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 11:56:18 am »

There are no pictures on the score card.

99toLife

• Crazy Times Make Crazy people Crazier!!!!
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2018, 11:59:15 am »

Some with Anderson.  Some not. His 2009-10 Mizzou team lost 3 of their last 4 and 4 of their last 6 including first round B12T exit in a 15pt loss to Nebraska.  His last Mizzou team lost 5 of their last 6 with 4 of those losses by double digits.  We know how our 2013-14 team imploded at the end. 

This one is different because of the minutes the guards have played and will continue to have to play. 

Must win these two at home. 

Ole Miss is willing to play our tempo.  The way we are playing defense not sure how that is a good thing at Ole Miss.
True, This is a fact that can make people negative. I hope we get on a roll, I have little confidence that will happen.

311Hog

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2018, 12:01:17 pm »

i just hope they get in the big dance. Whether that is after catching fire or by backing in i don't really care.  the tourney is not nearly as entertaining if the hogs aren't in it. and all you gotta do is get in then the season starts over brand new and anything can happen.

HawgTrough

• Senior
  • You better help that damn bear
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2018, 12:02:56 pm »

But in the conference standings, they are only two games back of a double bye spot. (But also only two games ahead of dead last).

BallHog1

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2018, 12:05:34 pm »

When we lose to a good team and somebody refers to as a good loss, you guys scream moral victories don't count. Neither do moral losses.

rude1

• Razorback Basketball Another New Beginning....
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2018, 12:14:13 pm »

Really, when is the last time a Mike Anderson team peaked at tournament time and made it past the round of 32? If by peaking you mean winning enough to get on the right side of bubble then get bounced early once in the tourney, you are correct.

alohawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2018, 12:17:07 pm »

This team barely has a pulse so I'm not expecting them to suddenly spring to life and make a run to the tourney. If the hogs were a stock I'd say past years performances are no guarantee of future success.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2018, 12:34:10 pm »

Really, when is the last time a Mike Anderson team peaked at tournament time and made it past the round of 32? If by peaking you mean winning enough to get on the right side of bubble then get bounced early once in the tourney, you are correct.

That’s pretty much what I mean. This team doesn’t have the 3 or 4 players to go deep in the NCAA or to win on the road in the SEC. But if Barford gets back to early season form they can win the rest at home, maybe with the exception of Auburn, and win a game or two in the SEC tourney.  They’re better than most 8 or 9 seeds, which is probably what they’ll be, and they can win one there. They’ll get stopped in the second round because they don’t have forwards anyone has to guard. 

navyhog24

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2018, 12:47:37 pm »

That’s pretty much what I mean. This team doesn’t have the 3 or 4 players to go deep in the NCAA or to win on the road in the SEC. But if Barford gets back to early season form they can win the rest at home, maybe with the exception of Auburn, and win a game or two in the SEC tourney.  They’re better than most 8 or 9 seeds, which is probably what they’ll be, and they can win one there. They’ll get stopped in the second round because they don’t have forwards anyone has to guard. 

Just come to expect NIT at this point.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2018, 01:17:07 pm »

Just come to expect NIT at this point.

Depends on how bad they want it. I have to think Jalen Barford has hurt his stock since Houston. He needs to pick up the intensity if he wants to make any money. As he goes, this team goes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas