Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

.500 in SEC means Hogs Are Back?

Started by oldbooniehog, February 10, 2018, 09:18:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 10, 2018, 10:55:58 pm
Who actually says that? Give me 5 solid examples of credible people that have said that this season.

Its a message board so none of us are credible. Shadow, Banner, Dominican, Hoop, mykidsdad are all posters here who have said that.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HoopS

Quote from: hogsanity on February 10, 2018, 11:03:07 pm
Its a message board so none of us are credible. Shadow, Banner, Dominican, Hoop, mykidsdad are all posters here who have said that.
no I did not. I was just in the thread saying if we don't make the tournament I'm on board for a new coach. I've never acted like he needed more time. Now do I freak out and call for his head? No. I say let the thingbplay out and then go from there.

Breems

Quote from: HoopS on February 10, 2018, 10:58:07 pm
Straw man #2 of the thread. Haha. Good grief.

Nobody is saying either one of those things. Literally nobody. Except Boonie and sanity.

If you can't beat 'em... Imagine 'em?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: HoopS on February 10, 2018, 11:08:46 pm
no I did not. I was just in the thread saying if we don't make the tournament I'm on board for a new coach. I've never acted like he needed more time. Now do I freak out and call for his head? No. I say let the thingbplay out and then go from there.
And nobody on here seriously said give MA more time to get his players. It may have been said in a joking manner. Hogsanity only uses that to troll.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: HoopS on February 10, 2018, 11:08:46 pm

It seems like this is very similar to the Bielema situation where there was a VERY small group who actually wanted him to stay, but anyone who didn't bash him over everything he said or did was called "sunshine pumper" and such...when all along they wanted to win just as much as everyone else. Most basketball fans want to win. Is MA the answer? I'm not sure. Should we be winning? Absolutely. Should we talk new coaches halfway through the year? No. Can we at the end of the season if we miss the tourney? Sure. Jus cuz many aren't carrying pitchforks throughout every thread doesn't mean we aren't "accepting mediocrity". I'll just wait til the results are in before I react.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hogsanity

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 10, 2018, 11:15:12 pm
It seems like this is very similar to the Bielema situation where there was a VERY small group who actually wanted him to stay, but anyone who didn't bash him over everything he said or did was called "sunshine pumper" and such...when all along they wanted to win just as much as everyone else. Most basketball fans want to win. Is MA the answer? I'm not sure. Should we be winning? Absolutely. Should we talk new coaches halfway through the year? No. Can we at the end of the season if we miss the tourney? Sure. Jus cuz many aren't carrying pitchforks throughout every thread doesn't mean we aren't "accepting mediocrity". I'll just wait til the results are in before I react.

a what point does just making the ncaat every other year ( and they still have to make it this year AND next just to get to that level for Mike's tenure )become not enough, 10 years? 12? 15?

As for the " he just needs more time " comment other justification to keep him is there? This year he has 6 srs, all players he recruited and gave scholarships to. I think having that in yr 7 should produce more than a 8-10 seed and a likely 1st weekend exit, if they make it at all.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

daprospecta

Quote from: hogsanity on February 10, 2018, 11:52:48 pm
a what point does just making the ncaat every other year ( and they still have to make it this year AND next just to get to that level for Mike's tenure )become not enough, 10 years? 12? 15?

As for the " he just needs more time " comment other justification to keep him is there? This year he has 6 srs, all players he recruited and gave scholarships to. I think having that in yr 7 should produce more than a 8-10 seed and a likely 1st weekend exit, if they make it at all.
You are confusing me. If we make it to the tourney this year, that's two years in a row and three out of four.

Hogwop

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 10, 2018, 09:38:03 pm
Yes. PLEASE delete thread
And the account that goes with it.

We get it dude, you're a miserable old codger but stop trying to drag us down with you. Grow the Frank up.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

Paul Westerhawg

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: daprospecta on February 11, 2018, 01:12:46 am
You are confusing me. If we make it to the tourney this year, that's two years in a row and three out of four.

Hogsanity likes to argue. Doesn't matter what.  We could go to 10 NCAA tournaments in a row and have 2 elite 8s and 4 sweet 16s and he will complain that he can't get us to the final 4 and we should go find an up and comer because they always work out so well. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Pigsear

Quote from: HoopS on February 10, 2018, 10:23:50 pm
you really are pissed we won aren't you? Wow.
I don't think he's pissed because we won, I think him and a lot of other fans are frustrated because they fell like Mike is going to win just enough that they can't fire him, but not enough to every go anywhere. So were stuck with mediocracy for years to come.

HoopS

Quote from: Pigsear on February 11, 2018, 10:41:35 am
I don't think he's pissed because we won, I think him and a lot of other fans are frustrated because they fell like Mike is going to win just enough that they can't fire him, but not enough to every go anywhere. So were stuck with mediocracy for years to come.
hence, he's pissed we won last night.

sadhogfan

Quote from: Pigsear on February 11, 2018, 10:41:35 am

I think this is a fair assessment of what a lot of people are thinking, with one caveat: getting to the tournament consistently (if we make it this year, that will be 3 out of 4) is not mediocrity. It is the baseline standard for what good (not great) programs do. It is a step in the right direction.

I don't think many MA supporters are claiming that he is the next John Wooden. What they are claiming is that he has the program trending in the right direction from where it has been since the late 90s.