Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

among them:

Xavier
St. Mary's - WTH?
Wichita St
Rhode "hard and put up wet" Island
Nevada

None of these other than possibly Wichita St has any basketball tradition. None of them had the facilities or the tradition and history that Arkansas does. Tell me again why Arkansas struggles to have a winning conference record and to get into the NCAAT at all while these programs are thriving and making the NCAAT every year?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

TeufelHog

HogBreath

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 10, 2018, 11:51:51 am
among them:

Xavier
St. Mary's - WTH?
Wichita St
Nevada

None of these other than possibly Wichita St has any basketball tradition. None of them had the facilities or the tradition and history that Arkansas does. Tell me again why Arkansas struggles to have a winning conference record and to get into the NCAAT at all while these programs are thriving and making the NCAAT every year?

And none of those schools are waiting for Mike to get his players in there.  That's the difference, right there.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

HiggiePiggy

among them:

Xavier
St. Mary's - WTH?
Wichita St
Nevada

So what about UCLA? I mean they have WAY more tradition than us and are not in the top 25.  Mike Anderson isn't going any where unless he doesn't make the tournament and even then he will be back next year and probably on the hot seat next year. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hogsanity

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 10, 2018, 01:08:54 pm
So what about UCLA? I mean they have WAY more tradition than us and are not in the top 25.  Mike Anderson isn't going any where unless he doesn't make the tournament and even then he will be back next year and probably on the hot seat next year. 

Anderson will NEVER be on the hot seat here. There is always an excuse for him. Next year it will be having to replace 7 players. Then it will be the following year recruiting class. Then he'll get in the ncaat and buy another 2 or 3 years.  All the while his backers will be wrapped in the fraying faded blanket of 1994.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bkjbearcat

among them:

Xavier
St. Mary's - WTH?
Wichita St
Nevada

Coaching. Kind of hard not to struggle when you have a HC and staff who's mediocre at everything.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

raz1965

One thing about Mike, he is doing things the honest way, so with that just maybe the Razorbacks may be ahead in the long run. I have no ideal about the above mentioned programs but I do know many have got ahead cheating an fell off the cliff soon after being exposed. Mike is the coach for now, I wish him great success with the program.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: raz1965 on February 10, 2018, 01:28:54 pm
One thing about Mike, he is doing things the honest way, so with that just maybe the Razorbacks may be ahead in the long run. I have no ideal about the above mentioned programs but I do know many have got ahead cheating an fell off the cliff soon after being exposed. Mike is the coach for now, I wish him great success with the program.

The NCAA is a paper tiger. There is no such thing as cheating anymore. When another 5* or top 100 player tells MA to take a hike just remember MA did things the right way, to the NIT.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

raz1965

Looking at a ncaa tourney bid as of now.

Dominicanhog

Throw one of these stupid threads out there and the usual suspects pounce.. like watching a puppy do his tricks... that's a good boy, here's your treat...

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: hogsanity on February 10, 2018, 01:16:17 pm
Anderson will NEVER be on the hot seat here. There is always an excuse for him. Next year it will be having to replace 7 players. Then it will be the following year recruiting class. Then he'll get in the ncaat and buy another 2 or 3 years.  All the while his backers will be wrapped in the fraying faded blanket of 1994.

You can believe that if you want, but even Anderson isn't bigger than the program. So yeah I really do think he will be on a hot seat if he does not make the NCAA tournament this year. 

Many people would be upset knowing the team he had this year and him not being able to make a NCAA tournament with it. I personally would not give a crap about how young his team is next year because it obviously didn't matter when you had an older and experienced team and still didn't make the tournament. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hogsanity

Quote from: Dominicanhog on February 10, 2018, 01:46:17 pm
Throw one of these stupid threads out there and the usual suspects pounce.. like watching a puppy do his tricks... that's a good boy, here's your treat...

well you showed up, so I guess you are right.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Dominicanhog on February 10, 2018, 01:46:17 pm

Thanks for a good laugh.  ;D
Hogs up! Covid down!

Pinto

among them:

Xavier
St. Mary's - WTH?
Wichita St
Nevada

You're crazy if you don't think Xavier has basketball tradition. They have more recent relevance than we do

widespreadsooie

among them:

Xavier
St. Mary's - WTH?
Wichita St
Nevada

Look at the conferences those teams play in. They all play in historically mid major conferences and they're all historically mid major powers with the exception of maybe Nevada. The polls and fans love them some mid majors.

jabber71

among them:

Xavier
St. Mary's - WTH?
Wichita St
Nevada

Because none of the leagues they play in will have 8 teams in the tournament. The last couple of years the SEC was underrated and proved it in the tournament and this year will be more of the same. Mark my words 6 SEC Teams in the round of 32 and 4 teams in the Sweet 16 and Two teams in the final four again. The level of competition Affects the amount of wins you get in conference. The teams we beat out of conference should show you the quality of our program.
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

ShadowHawg

Rankings are idiotic these days. Even being in the top ten has been a joke. TCU lost 5 of 7 at one point and was still ranked. TCU was even in the top 10 with multiple losses.

It's fun but meaningless.