Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Our RPI is down to 40!

Started by checkraiser88, February 03, 2018, 10:46:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

hogsanity

Everyone was talking about being a 9 seed, well 9 seed is not far from being out because 12-16 seeds are usually reserved for the autobids from one bid leagues.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

lynbug

I'm starting to doubt we make the NIT.

TeufelHog

Come on.  Conference wise, this team hasn't done anything to deserve being in the "Big Dance."  Coaching seems non-existent, play is inconsistent.  "Fastest 40" schtick is nothing but a worn out catch phrase with this staff and team.  TIME FOR A CHANGE!  No wonder we're losing fantastic in-state talent like Monk and Allen to other SEC teams.  Maybe, just maybe they were getting good advice after all.

onebadrubi

Quote from: lynbug on February 03, 2018, 11:10:45 pm
I'm starting to doubt we make the NIT.

We'd have to lose out for that to be the case. 

LZH

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 04, 2018, 12:06:05 am
We'd have to lose out for that to be the case. 

Which is quite likely.

raz1965

Who cares about the NIT? The Razorbacks need to win some games. Shore up the defense an play.

Terrible week for our tournament chances.

jry04

Quote from: checkraiser88 on February 03, 2018, 10:46:05 pm
Wow, we dropped 17 spots with the loss?

http://www.rpiforecast.com/live-rpi.html
We were 28th before the loss. Not sure where you are getting 17 spots from. We actually dropped 8 spots initially. The other spots that we dropped were due to former opponents losing, and teams around us winning to jump us last night. Total drop was 12 spots.

20 wins is the mark. Win 20 games whether it be regular season or combined with the SECT and we are in. Regardless, it appears we will greatly underachieve. Hold serve at home and we are in. 20 wins will put us in the top 50 RPI, which is the mark we must meet to make it.

hawgmasta

Quote from: jry04 on February 04, 2018, 01:10:54 pm
We were 28th before the loss. Not sure where you are getting 17 spots from. We actually dropped 8 spots initially. The other spots that we dropped were due to former opponents losing, and teams around us winning to jump us last night. Total drop was 12 spots.

20 wins is the mark. Win 20 games whether it be regular season or combined with the SECT and we are in. Regardless, it appears we will greatly underachieve. Hold serve at home and we are in. 20 wins will put us in the top 50 RPI, which is the mark we must meet to make it.

I'm actually worried about wining twenty games. I'm not sure we will.

jry04

Quote from: LZH on February 04, 2018, 03:27:11 am
Which is quite likely.
We are doing awful and trending in the wrong direction, but this is asinine. Zero chance this team loses out. Only a sensationalist would believe that.

Quote from: hogsanity on February 03, 2018, 11:07:58 pm
Everyone was talking about being a 9 seed, well 9 seed is not far from being out because 12-16 seeds are usually reserved for the autobids from one bid leagues.
Not always the case. Most 12 seeds are bubble teams, and many in the past have been from major conferences. Currently, Lunardi's last 4 in are 12 and 11 seeds. We were an 8 seed in Lunardi's bracket and a 7 seed on CBS entering yesterday's game. This loss probably drops us a seed line, putting us at least 10 teams from the projected First Four Out. Go 2-0 this week, which is far more likely than 0-2, and we will probably end up moving up another seed line back to 8.

Letsroll1200

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 08, 2018, 09:29:48 am
36 RPI
http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/Arkansas.html
What's frustrating is that the forecasts don't bode real well for us. 40 is perfectly fine for getting in, but it is not good for seeding. We need a couple marquee wins to close out the season, like beating Auburn and/or Kentucky twice.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

Adam Stokes

Our non-con has tanked. At the start of SEC play it was projected to be ranked around #30 out of 351. In just a month of games it is now projected to be around 100. We'd be about 10 spots higher and a projected 7/8 seed instead of 10 if our non-con opponents had held serve.

hogsanity

Quote from: Adam Stokes on February 08, 2018, 10:28:29 am
Our non-con has tanked. At the start of SEC play it was projected to be ranked around #30 out of 351. In just a month of games it is now projected to be around 100. We'd be about 10 spots higher and a projected 7/8 seed instead of 10 if our non-con opponents had held serve.

Yep, MN, Frsno, Uconn, just to name 3, have all dropped like stones.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DuckTalesLOL

We were #4 early in the season, this is disappointing.