Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn cheating?

Started by MAGA45, January 30, 2018, 10:33:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MAGA45

Is Auburn cheating?  How do they have a team on the brink of being in the top 10 in that historically bad program with little fan support?  We have 18k coming to every home game as of late for the product we have after 7 years of building.
Fake News

Knot2brite

Is auburn cheating? Is the sun shining somewhere in the world
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

pghawg1

Pearl has cheated at  everyplace he has coached why wouldn't he at auburn.

3of5-2

And this thread starts after another blowout loss. Nice attempt at deflection.

Oliver

If Auburn is cheating, I wish we would cheat too

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Oliver on January 30, 2018, 10:43:25 pm
If Auburn is cheating, I wish we would cheat too
we Will see where that gets Pearl in the end
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

JayHog

I heard commentators saying last year when Auburn was no good that their roster was filled with numerous 5-Star and 4-Star players... a whole roster full of them. But it's like nobody was noticing last year what they were about to become.

It all starts and ends with recruiting.  Same as in football. If you get a roster full of 4 and 5 star players, you'll be a contender. If you get the "diamonds in the rough" that you can coach up over the years, you'll be competitive but you won't be a threat to ever win a championship. That goes for football as well.  You've got to have the studs. You've got to have a roster full of Top 100 players. And with the incoming talent over the next several years, it looks like we could have a roster full of top 100 players, especially if that 2020 class decides to put Arkansas back on the map again in the basketball world. #ColdHardTruth

Oliver

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 30, 2018, 10:44:11 pm
we Will see where that gets Pearl in the end

Slap on the wrist at worst and it won't take away this season

Rbill

Of course they are. Didn't they lose an assistant before the year started bc of FBI investigation? And Pearl is said to not be cooperating with FBI now.

MAGA45

Quote from: JayHog on January 30, 2018, 10:49:24 pm
I heard commentators saying last year when Auburn was no good that their roster was filled with numerous 5-Star and 4-Star players... a whole roster full of them. But it's like nobody was noticing last year what they were about to become.

It all starts and ends with recruiting.  Same as in football. If you get a roster full of 4 and 5 star players, you'll be a contender. If you get the "diamonds in the rough" that you can coach up over the years, you'll be competitive but you won't be a threat to ever win a championship. That goes for football as well. #ColdHardTruth

Those 4 and 5s are on the way here "supposedly"
Fake News

hulk hog

Well they had an assistant coach indicted for fraud and bribery....so I would speculate there is a chance something under the table is going on. It will be funny if they have this great season and right before the NCAA tourney it all blows up.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

elksnort

HyperDrive

Quote from: MAGA45 on January 30, 2018, 10:33:18 pm
Is Auburn cheating?  How do they have a team on the brink of being in the top 10 in that historically bad program with little fan support?  We have 18k coming to every home game as of late for the product we have after 7 years of building.

This is largely the exact same team that went 18-14 last year.  Only differences are they lost something of a locker room cancer in TJ Dunans to graduation, lost two of their best players to the FBI situation, and added a couple of decent graduate transfers.  One of them has worked his way into the starting lineup because he's a tenacious rebounder and is more physical.  So it's not like they got this sudden influx of talent.  The same players are just playing better.  There's more unselfish play on offense, more commitment to playing defense and rebounding, our free throw percentage has improved dramatically and we aren't taking terrible shots early in the shot clock.  Not sure how you can cheat your way to playing harder and more together.

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: HyperDrive on February 01, 2018, 07:28:28 am
This is largely the exact same team that went 18-14 last year.  Only differences are they lost something of a locker room cancer in TJ Dunans to graduation, lost two of their best players to the FBI situation, and added a couple of decent graduate transfers.  One of them has worked his way into the starting lineup because he's a tenacious rebounder and is more physical.  So it's not like they got this sudden influx of talent.  The same players are just playing better.  There's more unselfish play on offense, more commitment to playing defense and rebounding, our free throw percentage has improved dramatically and we aren't taking terrible shots early in the shot clock. Not sure how you can cheat your way to playing harder and more together.

It's all about the quality of coaching.  Quality of coaching isn't talked about much around here.

NoogaHog

Quote from: hulk hog on January 30, 2018, 10:53:16 pm
Well they had an assistant coach indicted for fraud and bribery....so I would speculate there is a chance something under the table is going on. It will be funny if they have this great season and right before the NCAA tourney it all blows up.

It is not like it hasn't happened to them before. What was that kid's name? Was it Chris Porter?
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Cargill A. BullHog

Its a shame that Auburn cheats so much.  Its so bad that its become a national joke like A&M used to be.  How many sports and how many times does it take for the NCAA to acutally do something that matters.  We need more death penalties, notice how SMU hasnt been caught cheating again.
I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

Kevin

is auburn in Alabama?

and they don't care.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

King Kong

They certainly were. I doubt so at this particular moment

FineAsSwine

Quote from: King Kong on February 01, 2018, 03:14:13 pm
They certainly were. I doubt so at this particular moment

Lol. So true. The FBI certainly thinks they are/were cheating. As soon as the task force packs up and leaves, they will be back to dealing from the bottom of the deck. Cheating is one of their strongest skill sets.
Hogs up! Covid down!

raz1965

Cheaters for sure. Hire Pearl , what else was to be expecred?

Hog N Bama

Scumbag programs hire scumbag coaches

sowmonella

Quote from: MAGA45 on January 30, 2018, 10:33:18 pm

Does a fat baby fart?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003