• 391,770 Topics
• 22,125 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: CBB article  (Read 6715 times)

Redhogs

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Time to cruise.
Re: CBB article
« Reply #150 on: January 31, 2018, 07:30:26 am »

That article only proves that he's STILL too stupid to get it. And how in the world are people on here saying it was a bad fit ? Are they referring to him trying to fit into a Volkswagen ? Its a job. Fit has nothing to do with it. You either do your job or you don't.

He's had all this time to reflect and he is still lost about what happened.

Hey Bert guess what. You ran off Pittman then you abandoned the run game in favor of a pass heavy offense bc you wanted to be Bobby. After you lost your identity you started throwing players under the bus. Oh and it really hurt when you stopped recruiting offensive lineman. Got it ? That blank stare still haunts me. Dude is retarded and anyone who supported him post year one is too.
Great and 100% accurate post Parker...now back to mining. :)

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #151 on: January 31, 2018, 07:33:06 am »

That article only proves that he's STILL too stupid to get it. And how in the world are people on here saying it was a bad fit ? Are they referring to him trying to fit into a Volkswagen ? Its a job. Fit has nothing to do with it. You either do your job or you don't.

He's had all this time to reflect and he is still lost about what happened.

Hey Bert guess what. You ran off Pittman then you abandoned the run game in favor of a pass heavy offense bc you wanted to be Bobby. After you lost your identity you started throwing players under the bus. Oh and it really hurt when you stopped recruiting offensive lineman. Got it ? That blank stare still haunts me. Dude is retarded and anyone who supported him post year one is too.

Anyone that has held any type of position as a manger or higher knows "fit" has a lot to do with it.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
  • #gigantedormido
So... what did he learn?
« Reply #152 on: January 31, 2018, 11:52:25 am »

There is a 75-80 yr old man up the road...full of wisdom. He is always helping folks out when they need it. Doesn't matter if you are stuck, broken down, or injured - he is always just a phone call away and will drop everything to come and help.

Before he helps, he calmly asks: "So, what did you learn from this?"

In terms of CBB - what do you think he learned from his time here? Much can be learned from failure... hopefully, he learned to speak less and do more..but other than that - did he learn any life lessons?

hogcards

• Hogvillian
  • Can I interest you in an eggnog?
Re: So... what did he learn?
« Reply #153 on: January 31, 2018, 12:19:33 pm »

Bielema isn't the issue here.  I'm sure he's learned little to nothing.  His recent comment in regards to his lack of control from Wisconsin to Arkansas indicates he honestly believes he did nothing wrong.  Not to mention he was rewarded greatly for being the worst coach we've ever had. 

I hope the U of A learned a lesson in regards to personnel matters.  However, the buyout given to coach Morris would indicate that we really didn't.

Vantage 8 dude

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #154 on: January 31, 2018, 12:23:12 pm »

Bielema isn't the issue here.  I'm sure he's learned little to nothing.  His recent comment in regards to his lack of control from Wisconsin to Arkansas indicates he honestly believes he did nothing wrong.  Not to mention he was rewarded greatly for being the worst coach we've ever had. 

I hope the U of A learned a lesson in regards to personnel matters.  However, the buyout given to coach Morris would indicate that we really didn't.
While I'll agree the jury's still out concerning whether or not CBB learned from his experiences and mistakes, let's give CCM a legitimate chance to see whether or not the U of A repeated a buyout mistake as you've alleged. Only time will tell, as it usually does.

Hog_Swanson

• WWWWD?
« Reply #155 on: January 31, 2018, 12:39:16 pm »

I hope he learned not to fart on TV.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #156 on: January 31, 2018, 12:41:07 pm »

I hope he learned not to fart on TV.

He didn't listen when Nutty called him and told him not to flush or fart when on a broadcast..................

HoginMemphis

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #157 on: January 31, 2018, 12:44:43 pm »

In the interview with the SI writer a couple of days ago, Bielema said he learned that he was unaware how much depth it took to compete in the SEC West. Which is another way of saying, I did not realize it and could not make it happen either.

He also said in the interview that he gained too much weight while on the job at Arkansas, letting the stress and pressure of the job stop his exercise routine. I was not aware he ever had one.

He was quoted saying he realizes that he cannot walk into a NFL head coaching job but that he has had half a dozen offers to coach in the NFL since being fired. He self-absorbed are you to think you need to say this out loud. We are all aware that he is not even a remote candidate for a head coaching job ANYWHERE after his debacle at Arkansas over half a decade.

Hogindasticks

• Senior
  • Can't wait to get Cookin!
« Reply #158 on: January 31, 2018, 12:44:56 pm »

Just because you can recruit up north.....SEC new world....better learn about before ya jump next time.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2018, 12:48:46 pm »

In the interview with the SI writer a couple of days ago, Bielema said he learned that he was unaware how much depth it took to compete in the SEC West. Which is another way of saying, I did not realize it and could not make it happen either.

He also said in the interview that he gained too much weight while on the job at Arkansas, letting the stress and pressure of the job stop his exercise routine. I was not aware he ever had one.

He was quoted saying he realizes that he cannot walk into a NFL head coaching job but that he has had half a dozen offers to coach in the NFL since being fired. He self-absorbed are you to think you need to say this out loud. We are all aware that he is not even a remote candidate for a head coaching job ANYWHERE after his debacle at Arkansas over half a decade.

Darn good post HIM. Especially the bold. I also bet the stress and pressure was as strong at Wisky after following in the footsteps of their coaching God named Alvarez. 

steveaustin69

• Senior
  • lemme get a mcpick 2
« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2018, 12:52:20 pm »

Just because you can recruit up north.....SEC new world....better learn about before ya jump next time.

What?

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2018, 01:06:28 pm »

I know its crazy, although his first 3 years records are remarkably similar to our new head coach’s past gig (main difference being back to back bowl wins).  I kid, I kid, Im looking forward to CCM’s new scheme, just a little worried about the transition.
Bert would have been 2-10 @ SMU last year tho.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #162 on: January 31, 2018, 01:13:46 pm »

He didn't listen when Nutty called him and told him not to flush or fart when on a broadcast..................
Nutt, Petrino, Smiley, then FatBert. What a run of embarrassing coaches the UofA is on!!

steveaustin69

• Senior
  • lemme get a mcpick 2
« Reply #163 on: January 31, 2018, 01:15:25 pm »

Anyone that has held any type of position as a manger or higher knows "fit" has a lot to do with it.

If you need perfect circumstances and "fit" to succeed then you are a bad manager.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #164 on: January 31, 2018, 01:18:06 pm »

If you need perfect circumstances and "fit" to succeed then you are a bad manager.
EXACTLY!! Evolve, damnit, or die.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #165 on: January 31, 2018, 01:35:37 pm »

EXACTLY!! Evolve, damnit, or die.

Except companies don't "evolve" that quick.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #166 on: January 31, 2018, 01:36:16 pm »

I didn't say perfect. There is no such thing as perfect when humans are involved.

steveaustin69

• Senior
  • lemme get a mcpick 2
« Reply #167 on: January 31, 2018, 01:44:18 pm »

I didn't say perfect. There is no such thing as perfect when humans are involved.

Gets stuck on hyperbole; fails to see the point. Sounds ab Inhogswetrust to me

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #168 on: January 31, 2018, 02:50:03 pm »

There is a 75-80 yr old man up the road...full of wisdom. He is always helping folks out when they need it. Doesn't matter if you are stuck, broken down, or injured - he is always just a phone call away and will drop everything to come and help.

Before he helps, he calmly asks: "So, what did you learn from this?"

In terms of CBB - what do you think he learned from his time here? Much can be learned from failure... hopefully, he learned to speak less and do more..but other than that - did he learn any life lessons?

He still hasn’t learned it.  He just agreed to a deal that requires him to find a job and to submit a written report to the Razorback Foundation every six months detailing his efforts to find a job.  But, just a few days ago there was an article where there were direct quotes from him about how selective he was going to be in taking another job and how he has already turned down several NFL assistant jobs.

jkstock04

« Reply #169 on: January 31, 2018, 03:02:26 pm »

He still hasn’t learned it.  He just agreed to a deal that requires him to find a job and to submit a written report to the Razorback Foundation every six months detailing his efforts to find a job.  But, just a few days ago there was an article where there were direct quotes from him about how selective he was going to be in taking another job and how he has already turned down several NFL assistant jobs.
Maybe the Cleveland Browns need a defensive back coach. Would that be the legit type of “fit” I’ve read about on this thread?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas