Will HY do away w Front Facing Hog?

Started by twistitup, January 27, 2018, 04:00:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Will HY get rid of Front Facing Hog?

Yes
No
FP

twistitup

I say his days are numbered...only place we will see him is on faded tattoos in the future...
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I hope it's dead, but I chose Frito Pie because I'm no mind reader...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hog N Bama

ricepig

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2018, 04:12:40 pm
Nope, Morris loves it.

Link?

Or did he tell you over a bowl of Ravioli last night?

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on January 27, 2018, 04:15:37 pm
Link?

Or did he tell you over a bowl of Ravioli last night?

It's on every graphic his Recruiting Dept is putting out, obviously he loves it.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2018, 04:24:13 pm
It's on every graphic his Recruiting Dept is putting out, obviously he loves it.

nah...just hasn't hasn't had time to change it - too busy 'crootin.

FFH is gone

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on January 27, 2018, 04:26:43 pm

FFH is gone

All his guys had to do was use a running Razorback, instead they are using the FFH.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: twistitup on January 27, 2018, 04:26:43 pm

FFH is gone
Careful twist... I got rice all riled up over the GDGSD. You don't want him politicking for FFH. We'll never get rid of it.
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

ricepig

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 27, 2018, 04:29:40 pm
Careful twist... I got rice all riled up over the GDGSD. You don't want him politicking for FFH. We'll never get rid of it.

See, you wanted to quit posting on it, I knew you couldn't......

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2018, 04:30:41 pm
See, you wanted to quit posting on it, I knew you couldn't......

Ok, ok... So you were right about one thing, but you're still wrong about that other thing. ;)

ricepig

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 27, 2018, 04:33:07 pm
Ok, ok... So you were right about one thing, but you're still wrong about that other thing. ;)

About the FFH, might be, I was just trying to help Twist with his thread, they usually don't generate much traffic......

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2018, 04:28:05 pm
All his guys had to do was use a running Razorback, instead they are using the FFH.

All someone needs to do is tell him is looks just like the wolf from across the state and things will change quickly - it's not a creative design - it's terrible.

Go back to a traditional damn Razorback.

The FFH should have been fired w Jlong and CBB - it just brings back bad memories of "having a great weeks of practice" and being 'so close' most Saturdays.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: twistitup on January 27, 2018, 04:37:16 pm
All someone needs to do is tell him is looks just like the wolf from across the state and things will change quickly - it's not a creative design - it's terrible.

The FFH should have been fired w Jlong and CBB - it just brings back bad memories of "having a great weeks of practice" and being 'so close' most Saturdays.

Turn around bro... You're preachin' to the choir.

Roy Bacon

Let's hope so . It's a step or several steps backward in the evolution of the Hog logo / brand in my opinion .

Just say no to the forward facing Hog !

racinghog

Is the front facing hog a product of Long or Nike?

Roy Bacon

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2018, 04:12:40 pm
Nope, Morris loves it.

He just got the biggest payday of his life . Who in his position would start complaining about a logo ? 
Just say no to the forward facing Hog !

OneLardAlmighty

I'm still holding out for the tail-up rear facing hog to put on the back of the helmet for opponents to look st when we run over or past them.

870hogfan

Butt hurt much?

PorkSoda

Quote from: twistitup on January 27, 2018, 04:00:58 pm
I say his days are numbered...only place we will see him is on faded tattoos in the future...
please tell me you didnt get a worf hog tattoo
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

pigture perfect

I want slobber Hog back. FFH is worse than the Red Wolf Logo.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

twistitup

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 27, 2018, 05:30:31 pm
please tell me you didnt get a worf hog tattoo

No...but I've seen a few in the Upper West

I saw one guy w one on his neck....but he told me he didn't like it and is going to get it covered up and made into a Frito Pie

jcbville

They allow a lot of input from the students/student athletes on these and I believe last I heard the front facing hog was still popular in those groups.

twistitup

Quote from: jcbville on January 27, 2018, 07:23:51 pm
They allow a lot of input from the students/student athletes on these and I believe last I heard the front facing hog was still popular in those groups.

Those groups just need a little persuasion

greenEGnHAWGS

I honestly don't understand the angst toward it. Within the realm of secondary logos, it's not bad at all. I feel as though some just hate it cuz it was a BB thing and those people hated everything he did. We need to quit going crazy over a logo that looks good and is secondary to our main one. It's not like it's getting splattered on our basketball court.

I bet if BB put the slobbering Hog on the basketball court, many would hate it just cuz it came from him.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

PorkSoda

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 27, 2018, 08:01:41 pm
I honestly don't understand the angst toward it. Within the realm of secondary logos, it's not bad at all. I feel as though some just hate it cuz it was a BB thing and those people hated everything he did. We need to quit going crazy over a logo that looks good and is secondary to our main one. It's not like it's getting splattered on our basketball court.

I bet if BB put the slobbering Hog on the basketball court, many would hate it just cuz it came from him.
its not because of CBB and its not because it is front facing.  its because they rushed it, and whoever approved it didn't even consider if it provided the proper perspective.

why does it have a crazy underbite that makes it look like a cow?  look at the real hog below, does it have an under bite that sticks way forward?

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

twistitup

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 27, 2018, 08:01:41 pm

From a distance, it's not very recognizable. I saw something on the back window of a car and thought it might be the FFH...as I got closer it came into clear view and I almost rear ended the car - would of really blamed the FFH, but I didn't hit it.

My point it....it's hard to tell what it is until you are too close for comfort  and invading personal space isn't good either.

The guy with the neck tat told me I got too close...I apologized, was just trying to see that tat on your neck

hogginbama

Quote from: racinghog on January 27, 2018, 04:49:56 pm
Is the front facing hog a product of Long or Nike?

Nike, but of course everyone here blames Long and BB since that makes them feel good and manly when they lay in bed at night next to their cousins.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 27, 2018, 08:08:44 pm
its not because of CBB and its not because it is front facing.  its because they rushed it, and whoever approved it didn't even consider if it provided the proper perspective.

why does it have a crazy underbite that makes it look like a cow?  look at the real hog below, does it have an under bite that sticks way forward?

Sure you jest...the proper perspective? You know this is a logo of a mascot, right? That's like telling the Oregon Ducks that they need to be upset cuz the logos head isn't proportionate to what I real duck is like.

Theres nothing wrong with it. If you don't like it, that's fine. Not everyone will agree on everything, but all schools have a secondary logo. But calling it out for "perspective" seems like your just looking for reasons to hate it.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: twistitup on January 27, 2018, 08:09:15 pm
From a distance, it's not very recognizable. I saw something on the back window of a car and thought it might be the FFH...as I got closer it came into clear view and I almost rear ended the car - would of really blamed the FFH, but I didn't hit it.

My point it....it's hard to tell what it is until you are too close for comfort  and invading personal space isn't good either.

The guy with the neck tat told me I got too close...I apologized, was just trying to see that tat on your neck

Then sir...it's time you got glasses...which might prevent large men from punching you in the future..:

jmark

i don't like and i will not purchase the front facing hog.  looks terrible.
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

PorkSoda

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 27, 2018, 08:22:57 pm
Sure you jest...the proper perspective? You know this is a logo of a mascot, right? That's like telling the Oregon Ducks that they need to be upset cuz the logos head isn't proportionate to what I real duck is like.

Theres nothing wrong with it. If you don't like it, that's fine. Not everyone will agree on everything, but all schools have a secondary logo. But calling it out for "perspective" seems like your just looking for reasons to hate it.
having attention to detail is not a bad thing.  in fact, lack of attention to detail is what let that abomination of a logo out into the public realm.  It would have been okay without the lower lip.   but as is it looks like a cow. and why is the nose all squished.  I mean common, these guys are supposed to be graphic artists.  they get paid plenty of money to come up with good logos.  no need to accept such sloppy work.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 27, 2018, 08:34:58 pm
having attention to detail is not a bad thing.  in fact, lack of attention to detail is what let that abomination of a logo out into the public realm.  It would have been okay without the lower lip.   but as is it looks like a cow. and why is the nose all squished.  I mean common, these guys are supposed to be graphic artists.  they get paid plenty of money to come up with good logos.  no need to accept such sloppy work.

Attention to detail is definitely a good thing. I just don't think it lacks "perspective" as much as you're saying. I don't care if someone wants to tweak it. But to say it was done sloppy just cuz you don't like certain things about it seems a little much.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Everyone has their opinions and outs just differ.

racinghog

Quote from: hogginbama on January 27, 2018, 08:19:55 pm
Nike, but of course everyone here blames Long and BB since that makes them feel good and manly when they lay in bed at night next to their cousins.
Thanks that is what I thought. Besides the cousins comment.

Pigsknuckles

January 27, 2018, 09:04:34 pm #35 Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 09:17:39 pm by Pigsknuckles
Was one of the first to name/decry "Worf Hog". Never liked it. Hope it is gone for good.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 27, 2018, 08:08:44 pm

Front facing, lower lip

Front facing, lower lip

Lower lip prominent enough that if you can see the holes in the nostrils, you can see the lower lip

If you are going to complain, complain about how the tusks have split ends rather than being two separate tusks and the razoring beginning too low on the forhead making it look like a klingon. If you have a problem with the lower lip, then you have a problem with virtually every iteration of the mascot logo.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

PorkSoda

the perspective of front facing hog would be the top right of right facing hog.  as you can see the lower lip is much smaller not much bigger than the nose and thus would be obscured from that perspective.

Popcorn hog's perspective is from the lower left, again why the lip is visible and not obscured.

It would be like saying you can see both eyes of FFH, so why don't you show both eyes on popcorn hog?

well because it would look like you have an eye in the middle of the hogs forehead if you did that.

ie, it would look stupid.

I also agree that I don't like "split end" tusks.  I think that is another example of poor design.

jvanhorn

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 27, 2018, 06:46:06 pm
I want slobber Hog back. FFH is worse than the Red Wolf Logo.

Actually there isn't that much difference.  I saw Morris at the Slim Chickens the other day.  He told me his 3 top priorities were
1.  Get rid of the forward facing hog
2.  Bring back the slobberin hog
3.  Bring back the popcorn hog

Freebrd

politically correct response=Because it is not recognizable, just looks like a red blot.
telling it like it is=Because it looks ignorant.

RazorPiggie

Pretty sure it's a Nike thing. Not an AD thing.

PorkSoda

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 27, 2018, 10:26:14 pm
Pretty sure it's a Nike thing. Not an AD thing.
someone at the university had to sign off on it.  they prolly looked at a page of potential logos, closed there eyes and spilled coffee on it.  I can only assume that is how FFH came to be chosen.

greasy_corner

In the land of the Blind, the one-eyed man (twist) is King.

jkstock04

"Uncommon" and preparing young men for life after graduating from college regardless of football.

Dear lord please let the new admin kill the front facing red wolf/Hog a million times over. Epitome of the Bielema/jeff Long tenure. We need to move past that in all forms and fashions.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

NuttinItUp

GuvHog

Quote from: Freebrd on January 27, 2018, 10:13:00 pm
politically correct response=Because it is not recognizable, just looks like a red blot.
telling it like it is=Because it looks ignorant.

Anyone who doesn't recognize a Front Facing Hog needs glasses or is not very smart.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Anyone who tells hin that would be telling a lie.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: greasy_corner on January 27, 2018, 10:54:20 pm
In the land of the Blind, the one-eyed man (twist) is King.

....and a wink is as good as a nod to a blind mule.😀
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2018, 04:24:13 pm

You talking about HY or CCM?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: OneLardAlmighty on January 27, 2018, 04:58:04 pm
I'm still holding out for the tail-up rear facing hog to put on the back of the helmet for opponents to look st when we run over or past them.
This would almost make Klingon Hog acceptable.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.