Poll

Who really is the G.O.A.T?

Tom Brady
- 32 (55.2%)
Bill Belichick
- 26 (44.8%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The G.O.A.T.?  (Read 951 times)

sasnakrafan

• Senior
The G.O.A.T.?
« on: February 03, 2018, 09:34:07 am »

Could Belichick win as many Superbowl with say a Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Troy Aikmen or :insert elite quarterback:?

Does Brady win just as many Superbowls with say Don Shula, Vince Lombardi, Tom Coughlin(Brady lost 2x in SB to him), Mike McCarthy, :insert elite coach:?

We all know this is the  perfect marriage for the Pats right now, but I'm curious as who do you guys think is the G.O.A.T.?

steveaustin69

• Senior
  • lemme get a mcpick 2
Re: The G.O.A.T.?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 09:50:09 am »

Could Belichick win as many Superbowl with say a Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Troy Aikmen or :insert elite quarterback:?

Does Brady win just as many Superbowls with say Don Shula, Vince Lombardi, Tom Coughlin(Brady lost 2x in SB to him), Mike McCarthy, :insert elite coach:?

We all know this is the  perfect marriage for the Pats right now, but I'm curious as who do you guys think is the G.O.A.T.?

Blake Bortles

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Hogs run wild

• Senior
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 10:07:11 am »

it's apples and oranges... they are both the goat at what they do. their success go hand and hand.

rtr

• Senior
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 11:27:40 am »

One would not be as sucessful without the other.  It is chemistry.  Bellicheck would have sucess with another big time qb, but probably not like the present run.

Grumpypenguin

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 11:28:46 am »

Anyone that doesn't think Tom Brady is the best QB of all time is a little bit braindead and only thinks that because of irrational hatred to Tom Brady and greatness.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 11:57:09 am »

Past generations of qbs didnít play in an era of protection for qbs or other offensive players. NFL has also tried helping the offenses.  It has tried to make teams as close to 8-8 as possible to keep more fan bases interested.  Do I think these Pats are as good as the dynasties of the 70s 80s or early 90s, no?  But for their era they are the best.   Brady would have been great in any era. 

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Life as a Politics Mod....
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 11:59:07 am »

Slipping in Mike McCarthy in that coaching list was genius level humor.

ar_hog_fan

• Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 03:23:12 pm »

Past generations of qbs didnít play in an era of protection for qbs or other offensive players. NFL has also tried helping the offenses.  It has tried to make teams as close to 8-8 as possible to keep more fan bases interested.  Do I think these Pats are as good as the dynasties of the 70s 80s or early 90s, no?  But for their era they are the best.   Brady would have been great in any era.

Past generations of qbs also didnít play in the salary cap era

sickboy

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 03:46:22 pm »

Look, Brady's the greatest QB of all time. There's no debating that. However, I think Belichick could have done just as well with another QB. I think he's proved time and again that one of his greatest strengths is plugging in players to his system and still winning. Yes, it's the NFL and as the QB goes, so your team goes, but the Patriots have lost key guys throughout the years and every time you think they're going to regress, Belichick plugs in another player and continues to win. I think that's a testament to the true genius of Belichick.

I'd even venture to say that Belichick is the greatest coach of all-time.

sasnakrafan

• Senior
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 04:37:06 pm »

Look, Brady's the greatest QB of all time. There's no debating that. However, I think Belichick could have done just as well with another QB. I think he's proved time and again that one of his greatest strengths is plugging in players to his system and still winning. Yes, it's the NFL and as the QB goes, so your team goes, but the Patriots have lost key guys throughout the years and every time you think they're going to regress, Belichick plugs in another player and continues to win. I think that's a testament to the true genius of Belichick.

I'd even venture to say that Belichick is the greatest coach of all-time.

I'm in agreeance with this. Some years they don't have superstars and youre just wondering why and how? Running backs especially true... None of their running backs are hall of famers. I think Belichick would have won at least 3-4 with Peyton Manning, remember Peyton was jipped twice BC  mike Vanderjagt and his field goals and he finally won one when they took Adam viniatieri away from New England. Also another argument is Belichick almost had a .500 record with the dysfunctional Browns (30-32). He's out coached the past 6-7? coaches there. They haven't been the same. I don't dislike Brady at all.. He is the Greatest of All Time, but how much of that is BC of Belichick is my question.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 04:40:16 pm »

Mjs84

• Varsity
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2018, 05:14:40 pm »

Anyone that doesn't think Tom Brady is the best QB of all time is a little bit braindead and only thinks that because of irrational hatred to Tom Brady and greatness.

+1

Sweet Feet

• Senior
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2018, 05:23:19 pm »

Jamarcus Russell.

RebHog

• Varsity
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2018, 05:36:29 pm »

Completely true but hat doesn't mean I have to like it!  :'( :'(

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2018, 06:02:43 pm »

Charlie Weis, Ryan Leaf.

hawgdavis

• Hogvillian
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2018, 07:56:19 pm »

Joe Montana, you left him off. Still the best Iíve ever seen. If he played with todayís rules he and Rice would be unstoppable.

hawgdavis

• Hogvillian
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2018, 08:01:07 pm »

I'm in agreeance with this. Some years they don't have superstars and youre just wondering why and how? Running backs especially true... None of their running backs are hall of famers. I think Belichick would have won at least 3-4 with Peyton Manning, remember Peyton was jipped twice BC  mike Vanderjagt and his field goals and he finally won one when they took Adam viniatieri away from New England. Also another argument is Belichick almost had a .500 record with the dysfunctional Browns (30-32). He's out coached the past 6-7? coaches there. They haven't been the same. I don't dislike Brady at all.. He is the Greatest of All Time, but how much of that is BC of Belichick is my question.

They no doubt have one hell of a system and Brady is IMO the second best QB of all time I just think from watching all of my life that Joe is the GOAT and itís ok if you all disagree after all we have the right to our own opinions. I also think that Jordan if the GOAT in hoops.

EastexHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2018, 08:12:19 pm »

I think Jim Brown is the greatest football player who ever lived and that Jerry Rice is #2.

The greatest player ever, in any sport, is Babe Ruth...and it's not even close.  He was a Hall of Fame pitcher before he was moved to the outfield to take advantage of being the greatest, most dominant hitter ever.  If it hadn't happened no one would believe it.

Bubba's Bruisers

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2018, 10:44:33 pm »

Joe Montana, you left him off. Still the best Iíve ever seen. If he played with todayís rules he and Rice would be unstoppable.

Brady only played one season with a WR talent on Rice's level...Moss.  Joe had Rice for a career...arguably the greatest NFL player in history.  Playing for a genius offensive guru HC.

The thing that impresses me most about Brady has been the turnover he's endured on offense during his career.  Until Gronk, he's never really had hall of fame talented weapons, and even Gronk can't stay on the field with any consistency.  Last year he basically had to go without Gronk.  This year no Edelman.  And he just churns it out no matter what.  He lost the SB tonight to a better team.  He was once again great without Edelman at all and Cooks for most of the game.  Still took it to the wire.  His defense never had any answers.

Brady is undoubtedly the GOAT to me. 

However, If we're talking about QB skill sets alone, then Rodgers and Elway are the guys.  The most complete skill sets ever. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas