Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Future Razorback prospect....Buzz Williams last night was impressive.

Started by Mr. Porkleone, January 23, 2018, 10:35:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Porkleone

Did y'all watch that game with UNC and VT. Buzz was awesome to watch running up and down, instructing, teaching and the players we're buying in.  Love that coach's drive.

Yes...I'd like to see him on our sideline at some point

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 23, 2018, 10:35:27 am
Did y'all watch that game with UNC and VT. Buzz was awesome to watch running up and down, instructing, teaching and the players we're buying in.  Love that coach's drive.

Yes...I'd like to see him on our sideline at some point

I'm afraid that time as come and gone.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Atlhogfan1

Posted about him in the Beard thread before halftime of their game last night.  Been a fan for several years.  Enjoyed watching them take apart UNC last night.

Also said I don't like using other coach's success to fuel discontent or criticize our own no matter our situation.  We did it with Mike's success at UAB and Mizzou and not fair to him to do it now to him.

Back to the job Buzz has done:  He has quickly turned around an awful program in the bloodbath of the ACC.  Va Tech trying to compete in that conference is about as tough as it gets.  He also had more sustained NCAAT success at Marquette than any coach since Al.  Just didn't have the luxury of a Wade to get to the F4.  As I said last night, if I were a program in the Texas-Ok-Ks region, he would top my list.  K St, OU, A&M,...would all do well when they have their next opening to get him. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

FineAsSwine

If the mods are going to be consistent in their enforcement and practice of removing threads from Jump Ball that are not about the Hogs, this one will end up in General Sports very soon.

Pretty much what they did with other threads like the one that mentioned Houston beating Wichita State because some had said that Houston was a bad team and therefore our loss to them on the road was bad.

Guess we'll see.

Edit:

Credit due to the mods. Moved while I was still typing. Thanks.
Hogs up! Covid down!