• 391,803 Topics
• 22,127 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ole Miss Staff Additions trump Arkansas?  (Read 2836 times)

Randy Beaver

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Ole Miss Staff Additions trump Arkansas?
« on: January 23, 2018, 09:55:07 am »

My MIL told me this morning that she read on her tablet that Ole Miss coach Matt Luke has added Jon Sumrall to his staff as the new linebackers coach.  This has got me to wondering if he is former NFL commentator Pat Sumrall's son.  Anybody know?  My wife and I haven't followed NFL football a great deal.  But this past year, we have decided to watch an NFL game each day to try to learn more about the game.  A friend of ours has several old games that he has recorded from FOX and CBS.  We have borrowed them, and we thoroughly enjoy listening to Pat Sumrall and Jon Madden calling the games in the announcer's booth.  We wish they still called games on Sunday.  Much better than who calls them now.  The Cowboy teams from the early 90s are our favorite teams to watch.  I have read that Barry Switzer and Jimmy Johnson have Razorback ties.  I like Johnson better as a Cowboy coach, but my wife likes Switzer's personality and fire better. She would love to meat him someday.  On a side note, my MIL said this morning that Matt Luke's face resembles that of a Cabbage Patch Kid.

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Woo Pig Sooie, brotha!
Re: Ole Miss Staff Additions trump Arkansas?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 09:58:26 am »

Operating on another level.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

steveaustin69

• Senior
  • lemme get a mcpick 2
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 09:59:24 am »

My MIL told me this morning that she read on her tablet that Ole Miss coach Matt Luke has added Jon Sumrall to his staff as the new linebackers coach.  This has got me to wondering if he is former NFL commentator Pat Sumrall's son.  Anybody know?  My wife and I haven't followed NFL football a great deal.  But this past year, we have decided to watch an NFL game each day to try to learn more about the game.  A friend of ours has several old games that he has recorded from FOX and CBS.  We have borrowed them, and we thoroughly enjoy listening to Pat Sumrall and Jon Madden calling the games in the announcer's booth.  We wish they still called games on Sunday.  Much better than who calls them now.  The Cowboy teams from the early 90s are our favorite teams to watch.  I have read that Barry Switzer and Jimmy Johnson have Razorback ties.  I like Johnson better as a Cowboy coach, but my wife likes Switzer's personality and fire better. She would love to meat him someday.  On a side note, my MIL said this morning that Matt Luke's face resembles that of a Cabbage Patch Kid.

I have only been to one game at Reynolds Stadium since moving to the area.  Really didn't explore the concessions area a whole lot.  Can any of you tell me of the specialty candy options at the stadium?  My wife and mother-in-law make custom specialty candies in their spare time, and we are interested in possibly having a concession stand in the Stadium.  Old English Toffee is their best and most popular item with our friends.  Any of you that don't know, English toffee is butter and sugar mixed together that is poured out to cool.  After it cools, you break it into pieces, dip it in chocolate, and roll it in nuts.  They also have some specialty candies that I believe would be popular.   Do any of you know who I could contact to discuss this with?

I know he said they plan to focus more on speed and conditioning.  How will he test that program to know that it is working and it is best for our team?  Does anybody know?  Or will they simply wait for us to play big, physical teams like Bama, LSU, and Georgia to measure it?  And if they push us all over the field, then we know we aren’t strong enough.  I hope he is more proactive than that.  Here’s an example from my own life that relates.  I told you guys in an earlier post about me passing the Presidential Physical Fitness Test.  I had seen our neighborhood elementary school doing it, so I talked to the gym teacher about it.  She gave me the test battery, and I took it home and had Evelyn to count for me and time me.  Here were my results:  I passed the following tests with flying colors, pull-ups, curl-ups, mile run, and sit&reach.  I was over the 95th percentile in all of those.  However, I was only in the 85th percentile on the Shuttle Run  which barely meets the standard. I was happy I passed so I made no adjustments to my morning fitness regimen.  However, last week I decided that I must try to improve myself.  I really was not getting enough explosive stop and go exercises in my morning routine to excel in something like the shuttle run.  So I decided to add an exercise to the routine.  My mailbox and my neighbors mailbox are directly across the street from each other.  So now, each morning, I sprint back and forth from my mailbox to his and bend down and touch the base of the mailbox each time.  I do 5 one minute sets of this.  I believe this will really help my explosiveness if I stick with it. After 5 days, my wife has already said my bum looks to be tighter and lifted up a little. Anyway, hopefully Coach Carroll has a way to test the players to make sure program is working before entering SEC play.  By the way, you guys missed a great discussion Friday night at the Springdale Applebee’s.  A good time was had by all.

Your shtick isn't humorous.

Hoggish1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 10:03:59 am »

You have made yourself smite-worthy.

Randy Beaver

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 10:09:13 am »

steveaustin69

And your name is very alarming, whether your name is Steve Austin or not........

RaisinHog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 10:16:05 am »

In before trash !

WOOPIGDOOIE

• Varsity
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 10:19:09 am »

I'm sure the feeling is mutual

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville Executive Consulting LLC
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 10:21:27 am »

That saved you from a smite, eventhough the rest of that crap is definitely smite worthy

texas tush hog

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 10:23:06 am »

Well if so, he changed his last name. Pat Summerall was from Arkansas and probably hates Ole Miss as much as I do.

greenEGnHAWGS

• Hogvillian
  • Another day in HV Paradise...
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 10:24:36 am »

Ha ha...that’s funny right there...

AP85

• Left Lane Ready.
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 10:26:29 am »

Great post.

theFlyingHog

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 10:30:40 am »

If your wife wants to meat another guy I’d consider divorce. JMO.

hogcards

• Hogvillian
  • Can I interest you in an eggnog?
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 10:42:48 am »

What's a MIL? Did you leave off an F?

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 10:45:08 am »

Guy tries to bring some news to the board and ya'll just attack him.  Pathetic. 

snoblind

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 10:48:13 am »

Guy tries to bring some news to the board and ya'll just attack him.  Pathetic. 

Just not as funny as his brother Rancid.

Mjs84

• Varsity
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 10:48:28 am »

What the hell is going on?  Is OP trying to be funny?

Razorbackers

• Good Takes Found Here
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2018, 10:51:33 am »

Cotton

• Senior
  • Effin A, Cotton!
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2018, 10:52:51 am »

Best post in any Randy Beaver thread thus far!

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2018, 11:00:54 am »

Well I am not worried about Ole Myth.

DiamondHogFan

• Hogvillian
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2018, 11:09:49 am »

What does Trump have to do with this?

Johnny Bobo

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2018, 11:25:50 am »

Ha ha...that’s funny right there...

wait, is that Cooper's monkey?

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2018, 11:38:41 am »

I don't know who this Pat Sumrall is. Never heard of him. I have heard of a guy named Pat Summerall. He is also a former Hog.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2018, 11:40:20 am »

Well if so, he changed his last name. Pat Summerall was from Arkansas and probably hates Ole Miss as much as I do.

Not hates old miss.............hated..........He's unfortunately dead.

King Kong

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2018, 11:49:38 am »

For the record Razorback Great Pat Summerall has no relation to Jon Sumrall

Randy Beaver

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2018, 11:57:31 am »

For the record Razorback Great Pat Summerall has no relation to Jon Sumrall

I am fully aware that Pat was a former Razorback football player.  Why else would I have posted this in the Razorback football forum?  I was just wondering if he and Jon Sumrall are related.  Finally an answer to me question.  Thank you
K squared.

King Kong

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2018, 12:00:23 pm »

I am fully aware that Pat was a former Razorback football player.  Why else would I have posted this in the Razorback football forum?  I was just wondering if he and Jon Sumrall are related.  Finally an answer to me question.  Thank you
K squared.

Glad I could Sum that up for you

Busta_Nutt

• Varsity
  • "Wow!" - Owen Wilson
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2018, 12:09:44 pm »

K squared.

You couldn't initially figure that out by noticing that the last names are spelled differently?

stronguard

• And remember, I said with all due respect.....
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2018, 12:13:43 pm »

Make sure you get those VHS tapes back to their rightful owner.  Thanks in advance

hawg1221

• Senior
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2018, 12:26:18 pm »

Mother-In-Law

Hog_Swanson

• WWWWD?
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2018, 12:30:49 pm »

You couldn't initially figure that out by noticing that the last names are spelled differently?
He's not a good speller.

Pigsknuckles

• When you least expect it...
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2018, 12:39:53 pm »

Mother-In-Law

Beat me to it. However, the other angle is what keeps this board interesting.

SooieGeneris

• Senior
  • Microwave World, My @ss! Nothin' cooks for 5 years
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2018, 12:51:18 pm »

Well, he does reportedly have a thing for "randy beavers."

BigSexyHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2018, 01:03:10 pm »

I can't even

Hog N Bama

• BELIEVE
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2018, 01:06:45 pm »

Lunatic?

texas tush hog

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2018, 01:28:13 pm »

Not hates old miss.............hated..........He's unfortunately dead.

Not sure about that. I will hate Ole Miss from the grave and Pat probably will too.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2018, 01:44:39 pm »

Your shtick isn't humorous.

Someone has shtick envy...   :\

Little Lady Back

• Senior
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2018, 01:59:30 pm »

Now that is funny!!

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2018, 02:17:17 pm »

Jimbob111

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2018, 02:27:06 pm »

Make sure you get those VHS tapes back to their rightful owner.  Thanks in advance

And for the love of all that is holy, be kind, please rewind.

MasterChiefHog

• Varsity
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2018, 03:09:45 pm »

Mother-In-Law
I read everything on this board for this answer! Thanks. Must have missed it somewhere.

Randy, please tell me another story. Do you have any pets you can tell us about?

stronguard

• And remember, I said with all due respect.....
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2018, 03:15:32 pm »

And for the love of all that is holy, be kind, please rewind.

That should go without saying.... but Im glad you said it anyway.  Nothing worse than getting VHS tapes returned unrewound.  When that happened I just gave them a weeks worth of late charges.

Swestwill66

• Varsity
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2018, 03:37:51 pm »

Ya'll are being hard on the beaver today!

Bob Slydell

• Senior
  • Well, just a second there professor...
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2018, 03:47:20 pm »

MILILF ???

They show a picture of my MIL at the emergency room as the antidote to the erection that lasts 4 hours.

WBOBO

• Hogvillian
  • Lefty- RIP #1 Hog Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2018, 03:56:49 pm »

They show a picture of my MIL at the emergency room as the antidote to the erection that lasts 4 hours.
Now that is Funny right there.  I just spewed tea on my computer screen.

redeye

• Go Hogs Go!!!
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2018, 05:38:30 pm »

steveaustin69

And your name is very alarming, whether your name is Steve Austin or not........

I think it's Steveau Stin.   Apparently he's French.

Hey, did you know that French Fries are an American dish?  I saw this on the Food Network and couldn't believe my eyes.  My FIL said it surprised him, too.  Why do you think they named American Fries after the French?  I've always wondered about that.  Maybe one day I can drive to France and ask them? You could come with me and bring some of those English Toffees, although ....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas