• 391,819 Topics
• 22,127 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NIT Bound  (Read 1296 times)

Cotton

• Senior
  • Effin A, Cotton!
NIT Bound
« on: January 18, 2018, 08:38:27 am »

This team won't make the tourney, Mike is not the man for the job, and I want to throw up.

I'm sick of the sunshine pumping. This team isn't good enough and neither is the coach. I stuck with Mike for along time but I've had enough.

HiggiePiggy

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hope...
Re: NIT Bound
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 05:58:02 pm »

So you will be back if we make the tournament this year?  Iím with you on firing him if he doesnít make the tournament. Iím just not going to throw a fit after every loss though because we have seen that last year and it was turned around and we made the tournament. 

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

mckinneyhog5

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 06:07:10 pm »

So you will be back if we make the tournament this year?  Iím with you on firing him if he doesnít make the tournament. Iím just not going to throw a fit after every loss though because we have seen that last year and it was turned around and we made the tournament. 
Well, we had better get going and soon!

3of5-2

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 07:56:23 pm »

There is absolutely no excuse for the University of Arkansas basketball team not to make the NCAAt EVERY year, especially with a coach that has been here for 6 plus years. If our definition of a successful season is slipping into the tournament by a thread every other year, or worse, well that just plain sucks! Not only are we not a top 25 program, we are probably not even a top 50 or 60. Shame, shame, shame.

Justifiable Hogicide

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 08:26:48 pm »

There is absolutely no excuse for the University of Arkansas basketball team not to make the NCAAt EVERY year...
UNLESS they have a connection to Nolan Richardson.

SSFrazorback

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 08:42:19 pm »

We are much more successful than at anytime since Nolan left. Why do people want to fire the guy that brought us back? You want to go back to what we were six years ago?

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 08:50:01 pm »

We are much more successful than at anytime since Nolan left. Why do people want to fire the guy that brought us back? You want to go back to what we were six years ago?

Just beat SMU and make a bowl. 

Back from what?   Less than average to average and still just as irrelevant. 

Mike knows he wasnít hired for this.  This wasnít the expectation.   

OP is way premature.  9-9.  The target to get in is well within reach. 

LumberBacks

• Senior
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 08:53:40 pm »

Let's go back to where where were 24 years ago.  Mike's at his ceiling.  Thanks for getting us out of the dumpster fire but what you see is what  you're gonna get unless we improve the coaching staff.  Emphasis on STAFF.

SSFrazorback

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 09:02:21 pm »

Iím sure thereís another Pelphrey waiting to take us to the promise land.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 09:07:30 pm »

Iím sure thereís another Pelphrey waiting to take us to the promise land.
is that where Mike has the program?   Where we would have to hire Pelphrey?  You are insulting him and donít know it.

SSFrazorback

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 09:12:18 pm »

We got Pel after two consecutive tourney appearances so no, canít expect anyone that good.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 09:18:34 pm »

We got Pel after two consecutive tourney appearances so no, canít expect anyone that good.

We got Altman to leave a secure job where he was successful and happy because on the surface the job was attractive. 
We got Pel after Altman exposed our mess. Something like that going on now? 

SSFrazorback

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2018, 09:23:19 pm »

LOL, we had a good coach for a day. Thatís your justification for firing Mike? We havenít been a good program in 24 years. Top coaches arenít lining up at our door.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 09:26:57 pm »

LOL, we had a good coach for a day. We havenít been a good program in 24 years. Top coaches arenít lining up at our door.

Not true.  We havenít been a NC program in 24 seasons.

There is a big gap between top coaches and Pelphrey.  You seem to think Mike has our program on the level of attracting a Pelphrey.  If he does how much progress has he made? That would be a regression and makes no sense.  You can come up with better defenses than this. 

Iím not saying anything about firing Mike. Havenít suggested it. 

SSFrazorback

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 09:47:10 pm »

ďNot true.  We havenít been a NC program in 24 seasons.Ē

Semantics

ďThere is a big gap between top coaches and Pelphrey.  You seem to think Mike has our program on the level of attracting a Pelphrey.  If he does how much progress has he made? That would be a regression and makes no sense.  You can come up with better defenses than this.Ē

Circular argument...as Iíve already said we are better now than we have been since Nolan left.

ďIím not saying anything about firing Mike. Havenít suggested it.Ē

Did you not understand the topic of this thread?

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2018, 09:55:02 pm »

I addressed the OP in post 7 in this thread. 

Cotton

• Senior
  • Effin A, Cotton!
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2018, 08:06:02 am »

Let's go back to where where were 24 years ago.  Mike's at his ceiling.  Thanks for getting us out of the dumpster fire but what you see is what  you're gonna get unless we improve the coaching staff.  Emphasis on STAFF.
THIS^

hobhog

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2018, 08:32:44 am »

No. We want better.

forrest city joe

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2018, 10:19:29 am »

This team won't make the tourney, Mike is not the man for the job, and I want to throw up.

I'm sick of the sunshine pumping. This team isn't good enough and neither is the coach. I stuck with Mike for along time but I've had enough.
Another day,another stupid post. how many more fire Mike Anderson post are you guys going to make on here? it's the same thing over and over and over.better be glad im not a mod.

SemperFi

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Kickiní rocks & spreadiní da hate according to FCJ
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2018, 10:55:33 am »

Another day,another stupid post. how many more fire Mike Anderson post are you guys going to make on here? it's the same thing over and over and over.better be glad im not a mod.

Look man, you've got to stop this blind support of Mike Anderson. He's underachieving big time at the UA. The man has everything that a Head Coach would ever want in a program and he's not getting it done. He's had seven years to make the Razorbacks into a tourney team year in and year out and he's failed. If the Hogs make it in this year and I don't see that happening, but if they do manage to squeak in they'll be a 13 or 14 seed at best. That just means we'll get matched up against a team that deserves to be there and get bounced in game one probably in very humiliating fashion. His Assistants do him no favors and it's painfully obvious that they also fail recruiting the kind of player for Mike's antiquated system. Mike will never match what Coach Nolan Richardson was able to do. It's time to move on from Mike Anderson.

BannerMountainMan

• Hogvillian
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2018, 11:08:35 am »

Look man, you've got to stop this blind support of Mike Anderson. He's underachieving big time at the UA. The man has everything that a Head Coach would ever want in a program and he's not getting it done. He's had seven years to make the Razorbacks into a tourney team year in and year out and he's failed. If the Hogs make it in this year and I don't see that happening, but if they do manage to squeak in they'll be a 13 or 14 seed at best. That just means we'll get matched up against a team that deserves to be there and get bounced in game one probably in very humiliating fashion. His Assistants do him no favors and it's painfully obvious that they also fail recruiting the kind of player for Mike's antiquated system. Mike will never match what Coach Nolan Richardson was able to do. It's time to move on from Mike Anderson.
clueless post, SEC doesn't get 13 or 14 seeds. Those are for the mid majors

SemperFi

• Kickiní rocks & spreadiní da hate according to FCJ
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2018, 11:31:36 am »

clueless post, SEC doesn't get 13 or 14 seeds. Those are for the mid majors

Watch who you're calling clueless. Don't let your anonymity put you in a false sense of security because you're all warm and toasty sitting in Mom and Dad's basement. I didn't call FCJ a name or attack him. Nor did I belittle Mike Anderson, so pull your panties out of your crack.

You're correct with a few exceptions concerning those specific seedings. Arkansas was a 12 a few years back and Tulsa was a 13 in 2014 or 2015. Hard pressed to find another major school filling a 13 or 14. However, that just means that we're at best NIT bound. That is underachieving. You may accept mediocrity, but I will not.

userpick

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2018, 11:58:47 am »

I believe we'll be tough in the NIT. That will give our younger guys the confidence to get back to the first round of the NCAA tourney in 2021.

DemiHOG

• Bench Warmer
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2018, 12:06:48 pm »

I agree, NIT, if we do make NCAA, might win first game but that's it. We will always be average I'm afraid

Cotton

• Senior
  • Effin A, Cotton!
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2018, 12:19:08 pm »

Stupid is blind support for 7th year coach that can't recruit and is an average at best coach... But I'm sure everybody else has told you that already.

daprospecta

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2018, 01:12:15 pm »

I agree, NIT, if we do make NCAA, might win first game but that's it. We will always be average I'm afraid
You think that is average? 10% of teams in the NCAA make the round of 32 but yea, it's just average right? There is a reason teams celebrate when they get an invitation.   

daprospecta

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2018, 01:14:50 pm »

Stupid is blind support for 7th year coach that can't recruit and is an average at best coach... But I'm sure everybody else has told you that already.
Why can't you all that want him fired just keep it to real facts.  We all know he can recruit.  I agree that we have looked bad the last few games and that is on Mike and I won't argue that but keep recruiting out of it.

bhogs05

• Varsity
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2018, 01:26:51 pm »

Why can't you all that want him fired just keep it to real facts.  We all know he can recruit.  I agree that we have looked bad the last few games and that is on Mike and I won't argue that but keep recruiting out of it.

Mike is not an elite recruiter and that facts show that.  He is a decent recruiter but not elite by any means. 

Cotton

• Senior
  • Effin A, Cotton!
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2018, 01:29:02 pm »

Recruit? He went 1 for 4 on the most talented players Arkansas has produced of late.  Half his key players are JUCO guys. (Literally a 3rd of our players are transfers). We have no point guard.

Tell me again how great of a recruiter he is.

Justifiable Hogicide

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2018, 02:42:30 pm »

Recruit? He went 1 for 4 on the most talented players Arkansas has produced of late.  Half his key players are JUCO guys. (Literally a 3rd of our players are transfers). We have no point guard.

Tell me again how great of a recruiter he is.
Crickets

daprospecta

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2018, 03:25:19 pm »

Mike is not an elite recruiter and that facts show that.  He is a decent recruiter but not elite by any means. 
Elite no but the other said he can't recruit.  We had a good class last year and this year's class is good as well.Ŗ

Cotton

• Senior
  • Effin A, Cotton!
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2018, 04:19:28 pm »

Crickets
Exactly... people make outlandish claims and can't back it up.  Then FCJ and the other Sunshine pumpers push to get the threads trashed.

Hawgphat

• Hogvillian
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2018, 07:50:39 pm »

I wouldn't take an NIT invitation for granted at this juncture; - - there's a lot of season left.  There are multiple potential toilet performance scenarios from which we could very well be "flushed with pride". - - - - - - - - - - Well, - - - "flushed", anyway.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:01:55 pm by Hawgphat »

Johnny Bobo

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2018, 10:25:23 am »

for me, Sweet 16 at minimum or I'm off the Mike train

Cotton

• Senior
  • Effin A, Cotton!
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2018, 09:17:21 am »

2 weeks later... Still accurate

Rudy Baylor

• Senior
  • Oh! We're afraid of STP girls Bluto!
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2018, 11:05:21 am »

nice thread OTR

Cotton

• Senior
  • Effin A, Cotton!
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2018, 11:13:41 am »

nice thread OTR
Head on over to the Tavern... The artist formerly known as OTR has cleared my name.

Rudy Baylor

• Senior
  • Oh! We're afraid of STP girls Bluto!
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2018, 11:23:34 am »

Head on over to the Tavern... The artist formerly known as OTR has cleared my name.

No way. I stay clear from that place always.

Cotton

• Senior
  • Effin A, Cotton!
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2018, 12:06:47 pm »

No way. I stay clear from that place always.
YOU SIT ON A THRONE OF LIES
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas