Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Amazing finish!

Started by alohawg, January 14, 2018, 07:21:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alohawg

How 'bout them.....Vikings! Happy for those guys, great great game and wow what a finish! Hope Jarius Wright gets a ring.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Dr. Starcs

Horrible coaching by Zimmer down the stretch. But happy for the vikes nonetheless. Here's hoping to another win at Phlly.

alohawg

Absolutely,  hate the eaglets.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Hoggiedawg

Go Vikings!  It's about time something went their way.

hoglady

I'm sick - I have 3 teams I love - the Hogs, the Red Sox and the Saints.
I've been a Saints fan since the day they came into existence - remember going to games when fans wore sacks on their heads. I'm not surprised but so disappointed. It's just hard to explain what the defender thought he was doing.
Go Vikings the rest of the way!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Bet there are still some very unhappy Minnesota fans.
Saints still covered the spread when Minnesota decided to take a knee instead of kicking the extra point.
The spread was 5 1/2.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

HognitiveDissonance

Great game.

Saints...man. That had to be possibly the worst ending for a game I've ever seen. No way in Hades should that play have happened. I don't know what he was doing, except maybe trying to avoid a penalty. Game can't end on a defensive penalty. So he just kind of dove, but not trying to do much. Well, problem is, there was nobody behind him...

hoglady

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 15, 2018, 01:19:08 am
Great game.

Saints...man. That had to be possibly the worst ending for a game I've ever seen. No way in Hades should that play have happened. I don't know what he was doing, except maybe trying to avoid a penalty. Game can't end on a defensive penalty. So he just kind of dove, but not trying to do much. Well, problem is, there was nobody behind him...

And he took out the trailing corner - the only other player on the field that had a chance to make the tackle.
In essence, he threw a block for the Vikings. Feel sorry for the kid - he's a rookie, but what a horrible, horrible play.

Bubba's Bruisers

Vikings win, Steelers lose.

A fantastic day.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

EastexHawg

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 15, 2018, 01:19:08 am
Great game.

I think he was going for the spectacular, flip the receiver on his head, ESPN highlight hit.  He whiffed and the Saints lost.  Can't say I am sorry about that.  Most of the LSU fans I know are also Saints fans.

alohawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 15, 2018, 02:11:01 pm
I think he was going for the spectacular, flip the receiver on his head, ESPN highlight hit.  He whiffed and the Saints lost.  Can't say I am sorry about that.  Most of the LSU fans I know are also Saints fans.

For all those years working on a rig out in the gulf with LSU/Saints fans always dogging the hogs/Cowboys- I must say yesterday was quite enjoyable for me. Go vike's and jags.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

holeinthewall

He said he knew he was going to be early with the hit so he tried to slow up and duck and catch him as the ball arrived.  He just missed it.  Would have better better off taking the PI but then the Vikings would of had a FG try for the win anyways.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: holeinthewall on January 16, 2018, 07:38:35 am
He said he knew he was going to be early with the hit so he tried to slow up and duck and catch him as the ball arrived.  He just missed it.  Would have better better off taking the PI but then the Vikings would of had a FG try for the win anyways.
Yes, that's exactly what it appeared like. He didn't want a penalty, so he pulled up. There was a method to the madness.
If I remember NFL rules, pass interference is placed at the spot of the foul, which makes it a huge penalty. Unlike college, which is 15 yards max.
Since the game can't end on a defensive penalty, even if time had run out, the Vikings would have had the ball placed there, and been allowed to run another play, which certainly would have been a FG attempt to possibly win.

Thinking through it, it makes Marcus Williams look much less lame than the play appeared to most people, but he knew the rules.

holeinthewall

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 16, 2018, 02:54:54 pm
Yes, that's exactly what it appeared like. He didn't want a penalty, so he pulled up. There was a method to the madness.
If I remember NFL rules, pass interference is placed at the spot of the foul, which makes it a huge penalty. Unlike college, which is 15 yards max.
Since the game can't end on a defensive penalty, even if time had run out, the Vikings would have had the ball placed there, and been allowed to run another play, which certainly would have been a FG attempt to possibly win.

Thinking through it, it makes Marcus Williams look much less lame than the play appeared to most people, but he knew the rules.

If he hadn't taken out his own player in the process he would have probably been tackled.

jswineberiaskirk

RebelliousHog

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 16, 2018, 02:54:54 pm

You're prolly right about being less lame, but. One thing people harp about is not looking at your man when you tackle. How many times do we see a guy duck his head and dive at the legs and get a big wiff. All the time. Dude, you're a pro, rookie or not. Get your damn head up and watch.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

ArkyFan2626

Super excited for the games this weekend. Hoping the Jags can beat the Patriots.

hoglady

Quote from: ArkyFan2626 on January 18, 2018, 02:16:56 pm
Super excited for the games this weekend. Hoping the Jags can beat the Patriots.

Well - things may be looking better depending on the severity of Brady's injury to his throwing hand.

alohawg

The jag defense is legit, which gives them a chance, even in Foxboro.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

DeltaBoy

Reminds me of the Immaculate Reception !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoglady

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 19, 2018, 01:00:26 pm
Reminds me of the Immaculate Reception !

I was a huge Pittsburgh fan back then (loved Bradshaw) so I have fond memories of that play.
Unfortunately - I'm a Saints fan so this play I'd like to forget.