• 391,993 Topics
• 22,136 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Hogville-born, realistic College Football Playoff system that works  (Read 1912 times)

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
Re: A Hogville-born, realistic College Football Playoff system that works
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2018, 09:57:34 am »

Yes. Make being a conference champion mean something or scrap it altogether. Auburn wouldíve loved to not play in the SECCG.

Iím fine with Bama being at large, as long as the field has the conference champs in it.

Hereís how I wouldíve ranked them;
1)UGA
2)Clemson
3)OU
4)Bama
5)OSU
6)USC
7)UCF
8)Wisconsin

The committee;
1)Clemson
2)OU
3)UGA
4)Bama
5)OSU
6)Wisconsin
7)USC
8)UCF

So you ranked Bama 4th, and they got in as the 4 under the present system. I fail to see the issue except people don't like Bama.

CDBHawg

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2018, 10:03:02 am »

So you ranked Bama 4th, and they got in as the 4 under the present system. I fail to see the issue except people don't like Bama.

Truthfully, I think theyíre #1.

But at some point we have to let whatís done on the field decide. If Iím not mistaken, Wisconsin was 4th before the final weekend. They wouldíve loved to not play in that championship game as well.

Iím a college football fan. I think 4 is better than 2. 8 is where it should stop.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2018, 10:24:46 am »

Truthfully, I think theyíre #1.

But at some point we have to let whatís done on the field decide. If Iím not mistaken, Wisconsin was 4th before the final weekend. They wouldíve loved to not play in that championship game as well.

Iím a college football fan. I think 4 is better than 2. 8 is where it should stop.

No way to let what is done on the field decide as long as FBS is 130 or more teams. I still think eventually FBS will be cut into two divisions. Basically the current p5 leagues, give or take a few other teams, will become the top division. The rest of the wanna bees will be somewhere else.

CDBHawg

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2018, 10:40:17 am »

There absolutely is. Itís putting in the conference champions. Everybody has a chance to do that. Throw in at large if you wish. But as it stands now we could possibly see 4 teams that donít win their conference.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2018, 10:46:24 am »

There absolutely is. Itís putting in the conference champions. Everybody has a chance to do that. Throw in at large if you wish. But as it stands now we could possibly see 4 teams that donít win their conference.

But are the conf champs the BEST teams? It was only 2 or 3 years ago when the PAC12 could have had a ccg winner with 6 losses ( UCLA went into the game at 6-6 ). In 2016 the ACC could have had a 3 loss winner. In 2012 the Big10 had a 4 loss ccg winner.

Bob Slydell

• Senior
  • Well, just a second there professor...
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2018, 11:37:57 am »

I said if Bama wins.

True, on the rest of what you stated. But Iím not okay with a team that hasnít even won their division winning a national championship by a playoff format, unless the field has the conference winners in it.

Disagree completely.  The goal should be to award the best team the national championship.  Conference champions in many instances have very little bearing on that.  BTW, the other 3 teams happened to be conference champions including the SEC champ.  Does anyone really think that the sun belt champion has any business playing for a national championship?  Logistical issues aside, it's really pointless to have a 16 team playoff. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas