• 390,652 Topics
• 22,093 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something I just now noticed about CBS "SEC Game of the Week" (Basketball)  (Read 633 times)

WizardofhOgZ

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian

1)  We (Arkansas) are not on it - at all

2)  EVERY one of the CBS games features Florida or Kentucky (or both)

So much for "diversity".  They ought to rename it the Kentucky-Florida "game of the week" instead of the "SEC on CBS".

Not that big a deal, as if I can get our games on TV I really don't care what channel it's on.  ESPN, SEC Network - they all look great on my TV.  But it used to be that CBS rotated around most of the League with their weekly SEC game.  I just hadn't noticed the change until I looked at our schedule a few minutes ago and noticed there were no CBS games at all.

http://www.secsports.com/article/20691911/sec-announces-men-basketball-television-schedule

LivingLegends

• Varsity

It would be nice to play on CBS for nastalgic reasons but I agree with you.  I donít really care what channel itís on these days.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Southarkansashog

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Just my personal opinion I never really liked cbs games. Would much rather watch it on espn as long as announcers are halfway decent

rljjr

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian

Oddly enough those two teams probably won't finish in the top 3 of the league this season.

hawgball40

• Senior

Oddly enough those two teams probably won't finish in the top 3 of the league this season.
you might be right about florida, but the jury is still out on UK. they are just so talented, its not a foregone conclusion that they don't get it together midway through league play, like we did last year. At this time, i think it will be Arkansas vs UK in the SEC CG again this season. We need to win it all this season -- win the league outright and then win the SECT. then we would know the program has taken another step.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian

Our brand will get back there if we keep winning. Make a tourney run and weíll get that exposure again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas