Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Something I just now noticed about CBS "SEC Game of the Week" (Basketball)

Started by WizardofhOgZ, January 02, 2018, 04:17:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

1)  We (Arkansas) are not on it - at all

2)  EVERY one of the CBS games features Florida or Kentucky (or both)

So much for "diversity".  They ought to rename it the Kentucky-Florida "game of the week" instead of the "SEC on CBS".

Not that big a deal, as if I can get our games on TV I really don't care what channel it's on.  ESPN, SEC Network - they all look great on my TV.  But it used to be that CBS rotated around most of the League with their weekly SEC game.  I just hadn't noticed the change until I looked at our schedule a few minutes ago and noticed there were no CBS games at all.

http://www.secsports.com/article/20691911/sec-announces-men-basketball-television-schedule

LivingLegends

It would be nice to play on CBS for nastalgic reasons but I agree with you.  I don't really care what channel it's on these days.

Southarkansashog

Just my personal opinion I never really liked cbs games. Would much rather watch it on espn as long as announcers are halfway decent

rljjr

Oddly enough those two teams probably won't finish in the top 3 of the league this season.

hawgball40

Quote from: rljjr on January 02, 2018, 06:07:19 pm
Oddly enough those two teams probably won't finish in the top 3 of the league this season.
you might be right about florida, but the jury is still out on UK. they are just so talented, its not a foregone conclusion that they don't get it together midway through league play, like we did last year. At this time, i think it will be Arkansas vs UK in the SEC CG again this season. We need to win it all this season -- win the league outright and then win the SECT. then we would know the program has taken another step.

Atlhogfan1

Our brand will get back there if we keep winning. Make a tourney run and we'll get that exposure again.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys.