Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big news on New Year's Day: Arkansas Hawks & Joe Johnson Elite merge!

Started by Kevin McPherson, January 01, 2018, 02:40:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin McPherson

Big news on New Year's Day: Arkansas Hawks & Joe Johnson Elite merge!

Here are my tweets with quote, press release and new logo linked ...

* First big story of 2018 regarding Arkansas hoops is a blockbuster! The Arkansas Hawks and Joe Johnson Elite have merged to form the Joe Johnson Arkansas Hawks!

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/947926365482946561

* "This is one of the biggest days in Arkansas amateur basketball history," Hawks chairman @billrealdeal16 said of the merger. "Joe Johnson is an Arkansas Hawk, Hog, and an NBA great. It doesn't get any bigger or better than joining with someone of Joe's caliber, and CHARACTER."

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/947926748532019200

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/947927126392623106

FineAsSwine

Hawks > Wings. Great news! Hope all of the local talent goes with the Hawks!!! Love the Hog connection with Joe Johnson who is from Little Rock and stayed home to play for the Hogs and made mega millions in the NBA.

Great example for the up and coming elite young ballers in Arkansas. You can stay home, make your financial dreams come true in the NBA and then come back home and be loved for life.

Bobby and Gafford look to be current examples as well. I think this bodes well for Arkansas basketball and will really strengthen the Hawks organization by association with Joe Johnson.
Hogs up! Covid down!

FATHAWG08

I love off season Football!!

Razorod

Very good to hear! Hope it pays great dividends on the recruiting trail.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

3kgthog

Joe could buy Monk, Goodwin, and the other defectors' contracts 10x over. But let kids keep thinking it's a better financial decision to go out of state.

Good job, Joe and co.

hoghappy

That is good for Arkansas amateur basketball. We are blessed with 2 great teams.

john

I hate to be this immature & crude, but... "SUCK IT, Woodz Elite!!"

AlmaHog2011

I am just asking I don't know..I read that Monk and some guy named Nick Mason were taking over AAU Basketball in Arkansas? That would not be good for Arkansas. So does this mean that they will send more players to play for coach Anderson?

And can someone tell me what Nick Mason is about? I know he played or suited up for Arkansas but from what I can tell is no friend to the program? Why and what has he done? PM me if it can't be put on here? I actually advertise with the station down here that has him on in the mornings.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hoghappy on January 01, 2018, 03:43:45 pm
That is good for Arkansas amateur basketball. We are blessed with 2 great teams.

1 great team plus Woodz Elite...
Hogs up! Covid down!

john

Pretty much anytime I've ever tuned in to The Morning Rush & heard Nick's voice, I go quickly to something else.
I can't speak for other Razorback basketball fans, but I feel I'm not the only one

ShadowHawg

Nick Mason is what is known as ungrateful.

He was a walkon under Pelphrey that should have been thrown off the team in fall of '09 instead he was only suspended. Who suspends walk-ons for a semester?

Walk-ons should be grateful for the opportunity to be part of a D1 program. A walkon that gets in trouble and is allowed to remain a part of the team should be even more grateful.

Instead, he thinks he and his associates are above the current staff and embarrassed for the University for hiring a mediocre coach just because he had previous ties to the Razorbacks. His opinion not mine. He has insinuated as much on The Morning Rush within the last few weeks.

I think he is jealous of the current program because of lack a of respect for MA and just how dysfunctional and putrid the team he was a part of was both on and off the court looks on comparison.

The memory of that particular group of players and their deeds need to be flushed from our history and state.

Rocket23

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on January 01, 2018, 03:11:18 pm
Eat it Marcus, Crawford!! Hogs taking care of their own!!

Crawford has nothing to do with Woodz Elite and isn't even formally associated with Wings anymore.

RazorPiggie

FATHAWG08

Quote from: Rocket23 on January 01, 2018, 09:21:12 pm
Crawford has nothing to do with Woodz Elite and isn't even formally associated with Wings anymore.

Kevin McPherson
Hogvillian
[applaud] / [smite]
Surfing the web at Hogville.net
View Profile  Personal Message (Online)

Re: Woodz Elite
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 06:42:41 pm »
ReplyQuote
Quote from: yraciv on November 22, 2017, 06:13:03 pm
Not sure what to think about this. Marcus Monk and Nick Mason partnering with Ron Crawford and the Wings on the AAU scene. Kevin, do you have any insight?

Been hearing about this for a long time.  I'm going to stay quiet -- for now -- well, I won't go in depth regarding my thoughts and conversations on this, other than to say I don't think this is good for grassroots basketball in Arkansas, and I don't think this is good news for the Hogs.

I love off season Football!!

GoshenHog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 01, 2018, 09:34:10 pm
Mason is terrible on the Morning Rush.

Yes, he hems and haws and stutters for several seconds before finally spitting out a poorly-supported take.  The fact that Craft and Ruscin allow his questionable opinions to go unchallenged hurts their credibility IMO

Kevin McPherson

It's true that Ron Crawford is no longer formally affiliated with the Wings organization (or I guess Woodz Elite now), but he is still a consultant of sorts. Bryan Adams of Conway, who is a big Hog booster by the way, runs the Wings and partnered up with the Monks (and Mason). Bryan knows where I stand on this, and though I like him a lot, I'm not in support of the move. Having said that, I do support basketball in Arkansas, covering everything from the Hogs to high schools and grassroots, and it would be wrong for me to ignore and not cover the kids who choose to play in that organization. It will always come down to the kids and shining a light on them in their hoops endeavors.

hogwood

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on January 01, 2018, 11:52:16 pm
It's true that Ron Crawford is no longer formally affiliated with the Wings organization (or I guess Woodz Elite now), but he is still a consultant of sorts. Bryan Adams of Conway, who is a big Hog booster by the way, runs the Wings and partnered up with the Monks (and Mason). Bryan knows where I stand on this, and though I like him a lot, I'm not in support of the move. Having said that, I do support basketball in Arkansas, covering everything from the Hogs to high schools and grassroots, and it would be wrong for me to ignore and not cover the kids who choose to play in that organization. It will always come down to the kids and shining a light on them in their hoops endeavors.

I would say boo to Bryan Adams then. Handing over the wings to the Monks? Whats the idea? As a Hog booster, I can't imagine wanting to team up with their likes. Is there something we don't know about the intention there? Will Marcus suddenly turn back into a Hog advocate? We can only pray.

nwahogfan1

I starting watching AAU elite teams back in the 80s when Ron was the director and he brought national tournaments in to our state. 
I still enjoy watching but because of all of the teams being coached by agents, buying players  and such it is getting way too dirty to me.

I really wish they would stop the national tournaments and having these traveling super teams or do whatever it takes to get the greed and corruption out of summer basketball.   

I heard a friend of mine who coached Nebraska at the time tell me years ago that I if I only knew half of crap that goes on with recruiting that I would not watch college basketball again.  Well, I am glad I do not know because I love to watch.  But I bet it is nasty.

Porkatarian

Quote from: hogwood on January 02, 2018, 09:28:53 am
I would say boo to Bryan Adams then. Handing over the wings to the Monks? Whats the idea? As a Hog booster, I can't imagine wanting to team up with their likes. Is there something we don't know about the intention there? Will Marcus suddenly turn back into a Hog advocate? We can only pray.

BA is a GREAT guy and huge hog fan.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

LRHawg

Quote from: hogwood on January 02, 2018, 09:28:53 am

If he's truly a hog fan, and providing the money, then that would be a good thing in my book. Seems like if Mason and Monk try and steer players away from Arkansas he would object, right?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: LRHawg on January 02, 2018, 03:02:34 pm
If he's truly a hog fan, and providing the money, then that would be a good thing in my book. Seems like if Mason and Monk try and steer players away from Arkansas he would object, right?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...
Hogs up! Covid down!

ShadowHawg

I hope not. He seemed to be anti-Nolan back in the day and having heard him on the subject of MA, I would say he isn't anti-MA he isn't pro-MA in the least, piling on when things have looked bleak and offering very little praise when they have looked up.

draftkings33

Go watch Real Deal in the Rock.  You will see a few very shady characters.....That being said a lot of AAU coaches get a bad rap.  Most do it for free.  I hear HS coaches all the time mouthing AAU when most of them wouldn't coach for free. 

ShadowHawg

HogFoo

I am glad to hear of Joe doing this and I hope that every kid wants to be a part of this team.  I hope NO ONE wants anything to do with Monks and mason.  The monks should go do their stuff in Kentucky.  No one wants them or their ilk here. 

I agree with those that can't stand Nick mason.  He acts like he is somebody who was a Razorback star or something.  And he was a complete nobody.  Like shadow said. He shouldn't of even been a hog anymore.  My boiling point for hate with the monks and with Nick mason came from the whole Malik debacle.  They all knew he was going to UK the whole time.  The whole time. Like over a year!  Yet they Marcus and Mason kept trying to get money from Hog sponsors for tournaments, pushing of course how it might help Arkansas chances more tournaments Malik plays in..etc...    I was so glad when it all came out and John Crappilari made Malik quit his charade by committing early to UK.  (They were gonna pretend Arkansas had a chance all the way until late signing day then do a UK hat surprise switcheroo!)  Yeah, I dontknow  how that punk ass Nick mason gets a job then as the basketball guy down here in Ft.smith!  I can't stand to hear his voice! 

Again, so glad that Joe Johnson is doing this! Monks and Mason can go to hell!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

draftkings33

Hey Hogfoo I was just wondering did Sooner12 ban himself for a year?

HogFoo

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 08, 2018, 01:28:21 pm
Hey Hogfoo I was just wondering did Sooner12 ban himself for a year?
he didn't .  Not cuz of his bet anyway.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............