• 391,915 Topics
• 22,130 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2019 SEC Basketball Recruiting  (Read 145 times)

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
2019 SEC Basketball Recruiting
« on: December 29, 2017, 08:24:53 pm »

Richard Davenport
‏ @ArRecruitingGuy
2m2 minutes ago

2019 #Hog PG commit @_justicehill led LR Christian with 22 points, 13 in the first half in the Warriors 73-51 win over Searcy in the semifinals of the Beebe Christmas Classic, according to Martin Couch.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
Re: 2019 SEC Basketball Recruiting
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 06:25:23 am »

AL.com sports‏Verified account @aldotcomSports

4-star forward Babatunde Akingbola commits to Auburn

Four-star power forward Babatunde Akingbola committed to Auburn on Thursday.

Akingbola is the first commitment of the 2019 recruiting class for Auburn, though there's a possibility he could reclassify to the 2018 class, according to a source, who added that nothing has been decided on just yet.

Akingbola, out of McEachern High in Powder Springs, Ga., is rated as the No. 25 power forward in the 2019 class.

6-foot-8, 220-pounder is the No. 8 player in Georgia and rated as the No. 144 prospect nationally.

Akingbola is the first recruit to commit to Auburn since the FBI investigation involving former associate head coach Chuck Person, who faces six federal charges including fraud and conspiracy following his Sept. 26 arrest. Following Person's arrest, Auburn lost a commitment from four-star 2018 power forward E.J. Montgomery.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
Re: 2019 SEC Basketball Recruiting
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 07:05:39 am »

Annie Costabile‏Verified account @AnnieCostabile

What is the likelihood 2019 5-star prospect @lildjj0 plays college basketball in the state of Mississippi? With offers from Kentucky and Kansas (among others) is it really a possibility? We discussed it following the Rumble in the South.

Olive Branch's D.J. Jeffries is a rare basketball talent for the state of Mississippi a five-star prospect ranked as high as No. 9 nationally in the class of 2019, and unquestionably the top player in the state.

The last player of this caliber was Callaway's Malik Newman, who signed with Mississippi State and is now at Kansas.

So when a talent like this comes along, what exactly is it going to take for them to stay home at Ole Miss or Mississippi State, and not leave for a blue blood powerhouse program?

For Jeffries, it's all about family.

"My family is everything to me," Jeffries said. "If the schools build a good relationship with my family, they like them and I like them, that's what I'm going to base my decision off of."

One team that's been building a relationship with Jeffries since his freshman year is Ole Miss.

Andy Kennedy was the first Division I coach to offer Jeffries, and although he isn't commenting on where he'll commit yet, he said that means something to him now.

Jeffries is in constant contact with both Ole Miss and Mississippi State. Both programs check in with the star small forward nearly every day, he said.

When it comes to Kentucky, though, Jeffries, who is 6-foot-7 and 185 pounds, said he feels the family love that he said is so important to him.

John Calipari doesn't check in every day. He doesn't call Jeffries' mom and dad every week. But Jeffries said he makes him feel important to the program when he's on campus and the rare instances he is sending a text or making a phone call.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas