Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

John Chavis, Steve Caldwell, Trooper Taylor, Ron Cooper

Started by Rzback, December 29, 2017, 04:54:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rzback

Is it possible?
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

checkraiser88

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

WOOPIGDOOIE

Lord i hope so. It is sounding possible, Taylor is really the only uncertain one

opineonswine

Seebs

Looks like we have will have the focus of some recruits and some gray area recruiting.  Dare I say  .. win at all costs?
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

rogersvillemohog

I have also seen some say Ron Cooper will be following Chavis from A&M. Talk about SEC experience!
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

swineology

Hugo Bezdek

Would Trooper Taylor coach offense or defense? Most of his career has been on offense (WR and RB), but his last four years with ASU have been coaching Secondary. Most assume we've filled up on Offense but we still don't know what the plan is for Lunney.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 29, 2017, 05:31:55 pm
Would Trooper Taylor coach offense or defense? Most of his career has been on offense (WR and RB), but his last four years with ASU have been coaching Secondary. Most assume we've filled up on Offense but we still don't know what the plan is for Lunney.

Not happy about the possibility of Trooper Taylor.  He is dirty.  Don't want him.

I want to win...but not slimy.
Retired Radio Host

WOOPIGDOOIE

Maybe make Lunney the new 10th assistant? 

Hopeful Hog

I'm really getting excited about these rumors. I'm looking into Ron Cooper now, don't know him yet.

rogersvillemohog

Trooper played DB in college. His DBs have seemed to play pretty well at stAte. I think his son set some kind of Sun Belt record for PBUs and just looking at the straight up statistics, they seemed to always have a pick or two in every game this year. It's not exactly like we're just hiring a guy who has never coached in the defensive backfield. I think Trooper was always destined to be a DB coach and just didn't know it.
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on December 29, 2017, 05:37:11 pm
Trooper played DB in college. His DBs have seemed to play pretty well at stAte. I think his son set some kind of Sun Belt record for PBUs and just looking at the straight up statistics, they seemed to always have a pick or two in every game this year. It's not exactly like we're just hiring a guy who has never coached in the defensive backfield. I think Trooper was always destined to be a DB coach and just didn't know it.

Good info.

colbs

If you add Ron Cooper and Trooper to Caldwell, wow!

BOAR_N2BWILD

Okay, I have heard the Chavis and Caldwell speculation-  where is the Trooper Taylor speculation coming from? Any links or info?
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Rzback

From what I can find online, Taylor was accused but nothing was ever proven

Oliver

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 29, 2017, 05:57:07 pm
I don't think they would "nail us to the wall" even if we did.

Agreed.  That's what I was attempting to say

Highway Hog Sign

FWIW, Trooper's latest follow on Twitter is...Chad Morris
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

Ugly Uncle

I guess it was just a thing of pride for me.

I remember the Hogs going to back to back Cotton bowls in the Old SWC.  One of the chants was, "The first to repeat that didn't cheat."  LOL

Maybe it is time to go total war like the rest have done.
Retired Radio Host

SPAL

SooieGeneris

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on December 29, 2017, 05:34:54 pm
Maybe make Lunney the new 10th assistant?

My guess would be Lunney right where he was: TEs. Steppe WRs, Fry OL, Traylor RBs and Craddock QBs/OC.

On defense: Chavis DC/LBs, Caldwell DEs, Cooper DBs, Scott DTs/ST and whoever is the 10th maybe S with Cooper coaching CBs. It could be that Caldwell takes the entire DL with Scott taking ST.

Nothing inside, just guesses from what I've heard and read..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

The real Hogules

If they could deliver this coaching staff of defensive assistants, it would go a long way to making this appear much better than it originally sounded.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Steef

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 29, 2017, 05:34:20 pm
Not happy about the possibility of Trooper Taylor.  He is dirty.  Don't want him.

Amen.

Pigsknuckles

Yep...Poison pill. Thanks for standing out. I'm with you.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Steef

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 29, 2017, 06:34:02 pm
I guess it was just a thing of pride for me.

I remember the Hogs going to back to back Cotton bowls in the Old SWC.  One of the chants was, "The first to repeat that didn't cheat."  LOL

Maybe it is time to go total war like the rest have done.

I remember Taylor rushing onto the Auburn field, jumping up & down cheering, when Nick Fairley (named the dirtiest player in CFB)  clotheslined Ryan Mallet and tackled him by the head.

No thanks.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

firemedic1813

HoggyCat

Would trooper Taylor bring his son as a grad transfer?  I think he has like three degrees and a year of eligibility left.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

NuttinItUp

opineonswine

ESPN's Jeff Rickard is reporting that John Chavis is set to leave Texas A&M and will join Chad Morris' staff at Arkansas as the Razorbacks defensive coordinator.

HogFansReunited

I'm not a fan of Chavis but if we get the rest of these guys on the staff, I am sold.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

elksnort

What do you know that he has done wrong?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: HoggyCat on December 29, 2017, 07:09:33 pm
Would trooper Taylor bring his son as a grad transfer?  I think he has like three degrees and a year of eligibility left.

Nah, this was his fourth year

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 29, 2017, 06:41:27 pm
My guess would be Lunney right where he was: TEs. Steppe WRs, Fry OL, Traylor RBs and Craddock QBs/OC.

On defense: Chavis DC/LBs, Caldwell DEs, Cooper DBs, Scott DTs/ST and whoever is the 10th maybe S with Cooper coaching CBs. It could be that Caldwell takes the entire DL with Scott taking ST.

Nothing inside, just guesses from what I've heard and read..

I think this is close. I'd rather see Terry Price https://247sports.com/Coach/Terry-Price-292/AllTimeRecruits than Scott. Traylor was the STC when he was at Texas, so that is a possibility. Morris has also said he may use an Analyst for Special Teams rather than an on-field coach.

Morris - HC
Traylor - AHC/STC/RB
Craddock - OC/QB
Stepp - WR
Lunney - TE
Fry - OL
Chavis - DC/LB
Price - DT
Caldwell - DE
Cooper - S/OLB
Taylor - CB/NB

HogFansReunited

I really hope we have a dedicated special teams coach. I really think it hurt us by not having one the last few years.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 29, 2017, 07:18:37 pm
I think this is close. I'd rather see Terry Price https://247sports.com/Coach/Terry-Price-292/AllTimeRecruits than Scott. Traylor was the STC when he was at Texas, so that is a possibility. Morris has also said he may use an Analyst for Special Teams rather than an on-field coach.

Morris - HC
Traylor - AHC/STC/RB
Craddock - OC/QB
Stepp - WR
Lunney - TE
Fry - OL
Chavis - DC/LB
Price - DT
Caldwell - DE
Cooper - S/OLB
Taylor - CB/NB

Analysts?

JLS want to know w if you just called his name.

elksnort

Again no one has said what Trooper Taylor has allegedly done wrong. And from what I understand his son is a model student-athlete

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on December 29, 2017, 07:24:43 pm
Analysts?

JLS want to know w if you just called his name.

They're all the rage. I think Saban has about 50 on staff.

Dirty

Chavis has beaten the hogs how many times???

Anyone?
Anyone?

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Dirty on December 29, 2017, 07:32:58 pm
Chavis has beaten the hogs how many times???

Anyone?
Anyone?

None but the teams he coached the defense for beat the Hogs several times.

Member #3568

Cinco de Hogo

netteltonhog

I've had the pleasure of meeting and spending time with Trooper and Blaze in the past couple years. Love both of them ...Great people!

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 29, 2017, 07:18:37 pm

Morris - HC
Traylor - AHC/STC/RB
Craddock - OC/QB
Stepp - WR
Lunney - TE
Fry - OL
Chavis - DC/LB
Price - DT
Caldwell - DE
Cooper - S/OLB
Taylor - CB/NB

I'd rather see Price also, but I have been hearing Fisher wants to keep him and will make a push and Price played at A&M. So, I have my doubts if we get Price, plus Scott was the lead recruiter for Fulwider, Mincey and another player or two of note still unsigned.

IMO, Fulwider and the other kids have been told something. Maybe Scott will be a highly paid analyst or something, but there have been rumors of him staying and he never tweeted goodbye like the other coaches on BBs staff.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

WaltonCollege

But I thought we were keeping our current d line coach because he can recruit GA and got us Fulwhinder?