Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Myles Mason

Started by Hawgfreak, December 15, 2017, 09:17:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

The OP should not give the name of the DC, as he has done.  Obviously, if the decision has been made, Morris does not want the name out there. 

Now did the dad share the name with a complete stranger at the airport?  Hard to believe.  Even if the OP gave a name, I doubt anybody would believe it.

wildhogman

Not one of you discussed another possibility.  The dad might be having a little fun with an Arkansas fan throwing out the name of a DC. Perhaps as its been stated many time that family comes to this board to read and get a feel for how hog fans think or how passionate they are.  Perhaps the dad might have done one of the best trolling jobs of the year.  And they are reading this and laughing at how most of you just "ate one of our own", for a troll job well done.
I applaud you all. Carry on and please don't let common sense or common courtesy get in the way of your agenda to bash another poster at every chance.

nwahogfan1

On another board I also heard that Morris probable knows who he hiring at DC and most of his Defensive staff but does not want to announce it publicly until after early signing period out of respect.

I guess Morris thinks it is ok to tell the Defensive recruits and their parents but not the Press.  If true I am surprised it has been kept a secret.

I hope these reports are right and we will know something before Christmas.

Luke STYwalker

Funny,   I know the father of a recruit who just committed very recently and will play defense.  I texted him and it seems they weren't given any hints to who the new DC will be.  I wonder why some get to know and some don't?

SPAL

Send me a PM with the name of the DC. I'll keep it confidential and when it is announced, I'll tell who you said it was and we will see if it meshes.

oldhawg

Your traveling through an airport and you get into a conversation with an obvious Razorback fan.  It's feasible that you might want to share the contents of a conversation that your son had with one of the Arkansas coaches.

On the other hand, it is the desire for purely self-inflicted criticism or pain for either party to bring this information to Hogville.  Either no one will believe you, or you will be severely castigated for not revealing what you think you know.

Treat this as a lesson learned.

Hou-Hog

Quote from: Hawgfreak on December 15, 2017, 01:38:19 pm
I am not claiming to know anything other than what I posted.  I had a conversation with a family and that's that.  If people think I am making that up then they need to get a life.   
And no matter what trolls say I won't share the details.
honestly, your post would have been fine if you left it at meet family great kid; but you had to continue and say I know who the DC is and I'm not telling.  So it act like I can't believe people are being mean is dumb on your part.

carolinahogger

Quote from: Luke STYwalker on December 16, 2017, 09:49:18 am
Funny,   I know the father of a recruit who just committed very recently and will play defense.  I texted him and it seems they weren't given any hints to who the new DC will be.  I wonder why some get to know and some don't?

Apparently you are less allsome than the OP.

jkstock04

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 16, 2017, 09:19:57 am
Good grief people.  Stop being twats.

It doesn't matter a lick if he's telling the truth, since he didn't name names.  Believe or ignore at your convenience and stop attacking the guy for posting something interesting.
You telling people to stop attacking someone? That's rich.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

mhuff

Hawgfreak

Atta boy. What difference does it make what these trolls think you ought to do. They don't pay your salary. It is amazing how many people think they have the right to tell you what you ought to do. Their wants are supposed to be more important than your sense of right or wrong. They probably support political candidates that fondle women or molest children as well. Perhaps you have not given up the name because you think it would make a bad reflection on our coaches or school. Perhaps you think it would be a bad reflection on your character by telling something that you thought was confidential. Most people want to be liked. I think it more important to like yourself. There are a lot of good people on this board ; however, it is not hard to tell who they are.

Personally, I think your story is easily believable. How many times are you on a trip and you meet someone that plays golf and you do as well. A conversation starts then like you were lifelong friends. In this case you met people that were going to visit the Hill. You then appropriately were a good ambassador for the state of Arkansas . I can imagine a proud father telling you about his son. I never have trusted parents that didn't brag on their kids. I can understand a parent not wanting to put his or her kid in an unstable environment. Therefore, he told you the name of the D.C.  I sincerely doubt the parent was told not to divulge the info. It put a visiting player and parents at ease removing possible negative thoughts.

Now once again thanks for the info. You don't have to tell anyone the new coach's name, but you can tell me.   ;) Oh, just kidding. WPS

[/quote]

imtad16

I don't think Myles Mason is signing in the early period. Someone said they heard on the 247 board he was, but there hasn't been anything on his Twitter account about him signing and I found this Mississippi State article from this evening that sounds like their could be an opening for us to still swoop in and if that's true that is big because I think we could still flip him if that is the case. We could clearly use a safety in this class pretty bad.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2017/12/20/needs-remain-but-mississippi-state-addressed-most-important-one-signing-class/969216001/

"Now, MSU and Moorhead have four or five spots left to address the needs that remain. Moorhead said he needs to evaluate the roster more before he can definitely say what those are, but it’s clear the Bulldogs need to add more offensive linemen and sign some of their remaining defensive commits such as three-star safety Myles Mason (Alabama) and three-star athlete Nathaniel Watson (Alabama) along with Dandy Dozen defensive lineman Fabien Lovett from Olive Branch."

Also, not 1 of the 15 listed here.

http://sports.usatoday.com/2017/12/20/get-to-know-mississippi-states-2018-signing-class/

pigture perfect

I know who the New DC is too. Except I'm brave enough to share it. I heard from a good source that the Ghost of Ali will be the guy. coach Morris does not lie. he is the Greatest.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 15, 2017, 01:54:36 pm
then why even bring it up? a smite count social experiment for your high school class?

Don't worry PITP, you're always gonna be our favorite insider...

+1 for just being you big guy!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 16, 2017, 09:19:57 am
Good grief people.  Stop being twats.

It doesn't matter a lick if he's telling the truth, since he didn't name names.  Believe or ignore at your convenience and stop attacking the guy for posting something interesting.

+1 for getting two dangerous words so closely together without actually connecting the dots...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

forrest city joe

Bash

Quote from: Hawgfreak on December 15, 2017, 12:32:06 pm
And no I won't mention the name but once the DC is official I will share the name I was told.   

Seems like a legitimate approach.  I always wait until an official announcement before I get on a message board and subsequently claim that I knew it all along.   8)
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: pigiron66 on December 15, 2017, 01:10:59 pm
Since you won't release the name, then tell us what region of the United States he is from or the state. There ya go, problem solved, as your integrity is still intact.

the B12

Hawgfreak

I see this post has made it back to the top.  I decided not to confirm the accuracy or inaccuracy of the name I was told. It does not matter at this point.  Since I last posted years ago it seems a whole of people have gotten computers hooked up on their parents' basements and love to troll online.   I do appreciate those that inboxed me and thanked me for sharing my story of meeting a recruit.   Hopefully our new DC will be official in the next week or so and we can finish strong in February. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hogfan870 on December 15, 2017, 02:56:49 pm
Yeah, add me to the list of people that think that if recruit's fathers were telling people they just met in the airport who our new DC was going to be that it would have leaked already. 

If dad will tell a random guy in the airport, don't you think he would tell parents of other recruits (that are being recruited by our future DC's current school).

Plus it is pretty funny that a recruit's dad will tell a random guy in an airport, but an anonymous internet poster feels the need to keep it confidential. 

Boom..! [/whoa-is-me-bitchfest]

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hawgfreak on December 23, 2017, 08:57:03 pm
I see this post has made it back to the top.  I decided not to confirm the accuracy or inaccuracy of the name I was told. It does not matter at this point.  Since I last posted years ago it seems a whole of people have gotten computers hooked up on their parents' basements and love to troll online.   I do appreciate those that inboxed me and thanked me for sharing my story of meeting a recruit.   Hopefully our new DC will be official in the next week or so and we can finish strong in February. 

If you are too thick headed to understand that you created everything you got please PM me, and I will explain to you in vivid easy to understand detail where you went wrong....