• 391,836 Topics
• 22,127 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DWR Expansion  (Read 16720 times)

AP85

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Left Lane Ready.
Re: DWR Expansion
« Reply #200 on: January 31, 2018, 01:29:33 pm »

The opening on the northeast side of the stadium is the ‘million dollar view’ for the campus …

So many folks visit that area to take pictures, get a glimpse into the actual stadium and probably reminisce of past games and their time on campus.  For some fans and visitors, its kinda like walking up to the edge of the Grand Canyon and peering in, an ooh-and-aah moment.

Wow......please take the shades off. A little dramatic this one....

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #201 on: January 31, 2018, 01:30:48 pm »

That's strange. I noticed it in my first game there (Texas in '88 iirc) and every big game since. Odd you never noticed it. How many games have you attended?

Before the Broyles center people stood it the "circle" area above the knoll that had wooden bleachers. When it was built they squeezed into the northeast corner area. I've always seen people there. Heck one game many, many years ago I stood there and watched a game. I wasn't by myself either.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #202 on: January 31, 2018, 01:31:24 pm »

Dramatic yes. It was correct though.

TebowHater

• DMAC > teBLOW
« Reply #203 on: January 31, 2018, 04:57:39 pm »

What's empty? Suites and loge boxes will be full, the club seats??

I am talking about the huge gap in the Northeast corner. The gap that makes it look like we ran out of money. I was saying even if we didn't have the demand to build 25 more boxes or whatever that we could have continued the structure around and put something else inside that area.

I was one of the few early posters many months ago that was fighting along side saying yes, indeed, we had sold all of the boxes.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #204 on: January 31, 2018, 05:03:08 pm »

I am talking about the huge gap in the Northeast corner. The gap that makes it look like we ran out of money. I was saying even if we didn't have the demand to build 25 more boxes or whatever that we could have continued the structure around and put something else inside that area.

I was one of the few early posters many months ago that was fighting along side saying yes, indeed, we had sold all of the boxes.

You do realize that the lower bowl will be completely enclosed, Right??

TebowHater

• DMAC > teBLOW
« Reply #205 on: January 31, 2018, 05:04:28 pm »

You do realize that the lower bowl will be completely enclosed, Right??

Yes, totally. You do realize you will have no idea that's the case when looking at the stadium from outside it, right?

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #206 on: January 31, 2018, 05:05:46 pm »

So, any stadium that isn't a bow,l is a stadium that ran out of money? I guess everything has to be symmetrical to you? I guess to those who don't know the history of the lookin, it might appear that way.

TebowHater

• DMAC > teBLOW
« Reply #207 on: January 31, 2018, 05:09:41 pm »

So, any stadium that isn't a bow,l is a stadium that ran out of money? I guess everything has to be symmetrical to you? I guess to those who don't know the history of the lookin, it might appear that way.

It's not a lack of symmetry - that in and of itself is not inherently bad (see Gillette and many others). The issue is the design doesn't make the lack of symmetry look natural; it literally looks like we were chugging along and then just stopped 75% of the way complete. The design looks like it is supposed to be symmetric, but isn't.

If you can't see it just by looking at it then obviously we will never agree because it is overwhelmingly obvious to many peoples' eyes (have seen many posts on it here over the year), but it is an opinion. We can disagree on whether we like the aesthetic or not, but I can 100% assure you that history was not why that corner got left open. That was a convenient excuse, and indeed as you note, to the average recruit and anyone else watching around the country, it will look that way.

Hog-N-Ham

• Walk-On
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #208 on: January 31, 2018, 05:14:28 pm »

Ha!  Yes a bit dramatic but I’m sure you know what I mean … whether you like the look or not, its a neat experience for the young and old to be able to look into the stadium from the northeast corner when visiting the U of A campus.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #209 on: January 31, 2018, 05:27:38 pm »

It's not a lack of symmetry - that in and of itself is not inherently bad (see Gillette and many others). The issue is the design doesn't make the lack of symmetry look natural; it literally looks like we were chugging along and then just stopped 75% of the way complete. The design looks like it is supposed to be symmetric, but isn't.

If you can't see it just by looking at it then obviously we will never agree because it is overwhelmingly obvious to many peoples' eyes (have seen many posts on it here over the year), but it is an opinion. We can disagree on whether we like the aesthetic or not, but I can 100% assure you that history was not why that corner got left open. That was a convenient excuse, and indeed as you note, to the average recruit and anyone else watching around the country, it will look that way.

You can't assure anything 100%, except your opinion. Tell me, why was it left open? It isn't because of money, adding suites is the cheapest part of the whole design, the structure support for them is already in place.

TebowHater

• DMAC > teBLOW
« Reply #210 on: January 31, 2018, 05:44:18 pm »

You can't assure anything 100%, except your opinion. Tell me, why was it left open? It isn't because of money, adding suites is the cheapest part of the whole design, the structure support for them is already in place.

As I mentioned on the previous page, it was due to a lack of demand. I don't blame him for not building more boxes. Adding 20+ more would have been very difficult to fill. That said, they should have considered an alternative use of that space if they were to build it. But alas. Just frustrating because the stadium would look so BA if it went all the way. We have it bowled in and you would never even know because you just assume it stops there.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #211 on: January 31, 2018, 05:48:34 pm »

As I mentioned on the previous page, it was due to a lack of demand. I don't blame him for not building more boxes. Adding 20+ more would have been very difficult to fill. That said, they should have considered an alternative use of that space if they were to build it. But alas. Just frustrating because the stadium would look so BA if it went all the way. We have it bowled in and you would never even know because you just assume it stops there.

It would be 12 more, you know, if we're keeping to the existing design. Seeing that suites are the only fully sold seating, I don't think one could say that with certainty.

OneLardAlmighty

• Senior
« Reply #212 on: January 31, 2018, 06:04:21 pm »

This is the most ridiculous theory I've ever read.  it's hard to know where to even begin.  If low demand were the issue, then there would be a hundred other ways to address it, including just making the building smaller by a couple of levels.   Like the design or don't like it.  I don't care.  But at least give it the credit of being a design and not an accident.

TebowHater

• DMAC > teBLOW
« Reply #213 on: January 31, 2018, 07:35:21 pm »

It would be 12 more, you know, if we're keeping to the existing design. Seeing that suites are the only fully sold seating, I don't think one could say that with certainty.

So, just to be clear, you truly believe Jeff $$ Long - the person who got rid of slobbering hog, added front facing hog, etc. (a clear champion of history) and whose every move was driven by profit even to the extent he put PEPSI at games much to fans chagrin (which I don't blame him for that is his job, and short of the CBB contract, he was objectively extremely good at it)  - would turn down the opportunity to sell 12 more suites...in the name / spirit of history? Rice I know you cannot actually believe that. If we could have filled those suites they would have been built.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #214 on: January 31, 2018, 08:07:47 pm »

So, just to be clear, you truly believe Jeff $$ Long - the person who got rid of slobbering hog, added front facing hog, etc. (a clear champion of history) and whose every move was driven by profit even to the extent he put PEPSI at games much to fans chagrin (which I don't blame him for that is his job, and short of the CBB contract, he was objectively extremely good at it)  - would turn down the opportunity to sell 12 more suites...in the name / spirit of history? Rice I know you cannot actually believe that. If we could have filled those suites they would have been built.

Jeff Long didn't design it, but I think you knew that, just as he didn't do the Pepsi contract, which was a University decision.

VirginiaHog

• Senior
« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2018, 11:48:00 pm »

It was designed intentionally. Not a lack of money. Not a lack of potential selling of suites. Or any other reason than to preserve the Northeast look in. Period.
Ps. There have been many times I have had friends or family in and taken them to that corner to sight see and take pictures. Many many people do.

Haters gonna hate

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #216 on: January 31, 2018, 11:52:28 pm »

That gap still bugs me.
Me too. Any clue when they may close it all in? Seems awfully silly to waste that space.

Haters gonna hate

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #217 on: January 31, 2018, 11:53:32 pm »

Ha!  Yes a bit dramatic but I’m sure you know what I mean … whether you like the look or not, its a neat experience for the young and old to be able to look into the stadium from the northeast corner when visiting the U of A campus.
Buy a ticket

Pork Twain

• Gold Hogvillian
  • In Afg they dry their poop & burn it to keep warm
    • Facebook
« Reply #218 on: February 01, 2018, 08:49:10 am »

For all of the pissing and moaning about our uniforms, from the 90/00 that look like Oklahomo and Bama, why would you eliminate the one thing about our university that makes us a little different and looks pretty cool?

justmakeit2thebcs

• Senior
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #219 on: February 01, 2018, 09:46:39 am »

Could you be more full of ch*t?  He had nothing to do with the PEPSI contract.  If you had been part of the desgin team and privy to the results of the questionaires you would know that one of the top request was to find a way to not destroy the iconic view from the NE corner.  Jeff listening to the fans doesn't fit you agenda, so believe what you want, but quit regurgitating BS.  As for the slobbering hog, it needed to go as part of a plan to build a bigger brand.  One Razorback (no more Ladybacks), one running hog logo, one color of red, one font.  This is a 100+ million dollar business, it better be run like one or we will always be on the outside looking in.  BTW, where was the outrage when Broyles updated the cartoonish logo from the side of the helmet from 1964? There wasn't any because he talked like one of us, not some carpetbagger from Ohio. 

FraggleHog

• My name is on Senior Walk
« Reply #220 on: February 01, 2018, 12:43:23 pm »

For all of the pissing and moaning about our uniforms, from the 90/00 that look like Oklahomo and Bama, why would you eliminate the one thing about our university that makes us a little different and looks pretty cool?

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #221 on: February 01, 2018, 02:01:07 pm »

dang, TeabowHater... you are a real piece of work.

lechon

• Senior
  • I like big butts and I cannot lie.......
« Reply #222 on: February 02, 2018, 06:45:32 am »

Jeff Long didn't design it, but I think you knew that, just as he didn't do the Pepsi contract, which was a University decision.

No need to keep licking JL boots, he is LONG gone.....

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
  • #gigantedormido
« Reply #223 on: February 02, 2018, 07:25:44 am »

I hope they remember cold water for the upper west

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #224 on: February 02, 2018, 07:37:57 am »

I hope they remember cold water for the upper west

Too expensive to use copper plumbing to get it up there. Gotta use Pex.

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
  • #gigantedormido
« Reply #225 on: February 02, 2018, 07:42:36 am »

Too expensive to use copper plumbing to get it up there. Gotta use Pex.

Can we get some hot coffee figured into the budget?

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #226 on: February 02, 2018, 08:26:44 am »

Can we get some hot coffee figured into the budget?

Sure. Call Wal-Mart I'm sure they have about 15,000 French Press coffee makers in stock........

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #227 on: February 02, 2018, 09:08:15 am »

Sure. Call Wal-Mart I'm sure they have about 15,000 French Press coffee makers in stock........

No hyphen anymore, keep up......

AP85

• Left Lane Ready.
« Reply #228 on: February 02, 2018, 01:05:10 pm »

Me too. Any clue when they may close it all in? Seems awfully silly to waste that space.

Gotta appease the “photographers” of the world....

OneLardAlmighty

• Senior
« Reply #229 on: February 02, 2018, 03:53:11 pm »

Why is a space with a great view of the field, where fans from anywhere in the stadium or every donor level can walk through, meet up with friends or stand and talk, or where vendors can set up, or where you could do any number of things that we haven't even thought of yet wasted space, but it wouldn't be a waste to build boxes for 12 more millionaires and their friends?

goodguytex

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #230 on: February 04, 2018, 10:42:37 am »

Looking at the progress of the construction, I wonder if they're on schedule or not. They've come a major long way, but not only the new expansion has to be completed, but there's supposed to be renovations made to the suites in the rest of the stadium too I believe. Seems like a whole lot to get done between now and end of august.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

• Hogville Executive Consulting LLC
« Reply #231 on: February 06, 2018, 09:33:09 am »

Things are starting to pick up again fellas. Check out the left side of the NEZ lower bowl. That cement got poured in about a day.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #232 on: February 06, 2018, 09:53:06 am »

Things are starting to pick up again fellas. Check out the left side of the NEZ lower bowl. That cement got poured in about a day.

Those are pre-cast pieces the crane is picking up and placing off of those flatbed trailers.

spe450

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #233 on: February 06, 2018, 09:55:04 am »

Looking at the progress of the construction, I wonder if they're on schedule or not. They've come a major long way, but not only the new expansion has to be completed, but there's supposed to be renovations made to the suites in the rest of the stadium too I believe. Seems like a whole lot to get done between now and end of august.

I believe they are working on the other suites at the moment. 

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
  • #gigantedormido
« Reply #234 on: February 06, 2018, 10:04:15 am »

French Press
French Fries
French Bread (for the Ozark Cheesesteak)
French vanilla creamer for the coffee

Moving on up....do that deluxe upperdeck seating on the westside

GoHogzzGo

• Senior
  • Straight talk
« Reply #235 on: February 06, 2018, 10:51:18 am »

Whoa yeah that was fast. Very cool thanks for sharing.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

« Reply #236 on: February 09, 2018, 03:08:41 pm »

More of the lower bowl has been put in place. The NEZ tunnel is there as well. Its getting to the point  where you can get an idea of how it will look in the end.

rljjr

« Reply #237 on: February 09, 2018, 03:40:26 pm »

Look. They left that gap there for all the College game day crew setups we will have in this future! Thinking ahead! Ha!

sowmonella

• I am the danger.
« Reply #238 on: February 09, 2018, 03:43:41 pm »

More of the lower bowl has been put in place. The NEZ tunnel is there as well. Its getting to the point  where you can get an idea of how it will look in the end.
I wish a pic from field level was available. Someone go down on the 50 and post a couple for us. What about that guy who kept going to Drake Field?

GoHogzzGo

• Senior
  • Straight talk
« Reply #239 on: February 09, 2018, 03:46:53 pm »

I wish a pic from field level was available. Someone go down on the 50 and post a couple for us. What about that guy who kept going to Drake Field?

Was just thinking the same. Can’t wait to see the look from field level again with the new updates.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

« Reply #240 on: February 09, 2018, 03:49:41 pm »

Look. They left that gap there for all the College game day crew setups we will have in this future! Thinking ahead! Ha!
I know youre being facetious, but that actually would be a good spot for SEC gameday when they come next season

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #241 on: February 09, 2018, 06:18:41 pm »

Found on instagram and twitter:

elviscat

• Senior
« Reply #242 on: February 09, 2018, 06:26:01 pm »

It's sad to spent that kind of money for only 3600 seats,it's crazy.

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #243 on: February 09, 2018, 06:35:27 pm »

It's sad to spent that kind of money for only 3600 seats,it's crazy.

And a new football center, game-day locker rooms (needed badly), elevators, big screen......

rljjr

« Reply #244 on: February 09, 2018, 06:35:55 pm »

I know youre being facetious, but that actually would be a good spot for SEC gameday when they come next season

Yeah, it really would. Here's hoping we become so good that game day can't stay away.

Oklahawg

• Resident Optimistic Pragmatist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Pop Music at It's Finest
« Reply #245 on: February 09, 2018, 06:48:21 pm »

We haven't had a "carpet bagger" moment in a few hours.

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #246 on: February 09, 2018, 06:51:22 pm »

Watch this whole video:

https://twitter.com/BDunnsports/status/962111773250871296

Recruits pay attention to facilities.

You can hate the coach.

You can hate the athletic director.

Fans should always support facility improvements because they help with recruiting and will last longer than any coach or AD.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #247 on: February 09, 2018, 07:04:42 pm »

Watch this whole video:

https://twitter.com/BDunnsports/status/962111773250871296

Recruits pay attention to facilities.

You can hate the coach.

You can hate the athletic director.

Fans should always support facility improvements because they help with recruiting and will last longer than any coach or AD.

Wow. Love this young man. Thanks for posting.

He’s right about facilities. Arkansas’s are as good as they get, as is the academic support.

The new NEZ improvements will have a big impact on recruiting in 2019 and beyond. It’s an exciting time to be a Razorbacks fan.

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #248 on: February 09, 2018, 07:08:03 pm »

Wow. Love this young man. Thanks for posting.

He’s right about facilities. Arkansas’s are as good as they get, as is the academic support.

The new NEZ improvements will have a big impact on recruiting in 2019 and beyond. It’s an exciting time to be a Razorbacks fan.

You probably have a better idea than any of us about the facilities.  :)

Congratulations on your son choosing to be a Razorback!

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #249 on: February 09, 2018, 07:21:09 pm »

You probably have a better idea than any of us about the facilities.  :)

Congratulations on your son choosing to be a Razorback!

Thanks! 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas