Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UCA ADDS THREE NEW BEARS TO BASKETBALL PROGRAM

Started by Seminole Indian, November 09, 2017, 07:07:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

CONWAY, Ark. _ University of Central Arkansas head coach Russ Pennell added three new Bears to the program on Wednesday as they signed National Letters of Intent to play at UCA.

The newest Bears include: Khaleem Bennett from Hamilton, Canada who plays at Sunrise Christian Academy in Bel Aire, Kan.; Jaxson Baker from Brophy Prep and Phoenix, Ariz.; and Porter Anderson from Lamar (Ark.) High School, who plays at Link Year Prep in Branson, Mo.

"This is a very good recruiting class that allows us to replace some key players who will graduate,' said Pennell, entering his fourth season at UCA, "and continue to build this program with high quality freshman. My staff did an outstanding job recruiting these young men. I am thrilled to welcome them to Conway to further their careers at UCA.'

Bennett is a 6-foot-5 guard who played AAU basketball with Canada U-play and with one of the top EYBL teams on the Nike circuit. He played for one of the top high school teams in the country and is regarded as a three-star prospect.

"Khaleem is exactly what our team needs going forward,' Pennell said. "He is an electric athlete with a talent of scoring the basketball. His contagious personality allows him to be a tremendous leader and lift teammates to their best everyday. I am thrilled to have Khaleem join our basketball family. We will enjoy watching his career unfold here at UCA. We got a whole lot better today with Khaleem signing with the Bears.'

KHALEEM BENNETT

Baker is a 6-8 forward rated as one of the top power forwards and three-point shooters on the West Coast. He played for Arizona Powerhouse on the Under Armour circuit.

" Jaxson is a competitor. His No. 1 priority is winning,' said Pennell. "I love his heart and desire to be successful. He will add a scoring punch immediately as he stretches the floor with his long range jump shot. Jaxson is a player that will continue to improve year after year, and that is exciting. Our future just got a lot brighter with the addition of Jaxson.'

JAXSON BAKER

Anderson, a 6-8 post player who played at Lamar before going to Link Year Prep, averaged 20 points and 12 rebounds for the Warriors, a team that made the 3A Final Four in 2017.

"Porter has tremendous potential and upside,' said Pennell. "He is a very strong and powerful around the basketball. We believe he can be a tremendous defender and rebounder due to his timing on blocked shots and rebounds. Porter has a 7'1 wing span that lets him play even bigger than his actual height.

"I feel he can become a dependable low block scorer as his career unfolds. Porter is so intelligent and teachable. I love that about his game. He is the perfect fit for this team.'

http://www.ucasports.com/news/2017/11/8/mens-basketball-uca-adds-three-new-bears-to-basketball-program.aspx
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne