• 385,181 Topics
• 21,574 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To be honest  (Read 274 times)

snoot hoggy hog

• Senior
To be honest
« on: November 09, 2017, 01:07:10 am »

I want a defensive minded head coach. Weíve had our fair share of coaches who could score a lot of points, but we havenít had a coach who could impose their will on the defensive side of the ball. Everybodyís wanting the next high powered offensive guru but defense when championships. You can see the difference between Georgia, Alabama and Auburn. Georgia and Alabama have defensive guys as head coaches and Auburn is ran by an offensive guy. When was the last time Arkansas had a defense that imposed itís will on other teams? If we got a defensive coach who would it be? Schiano?

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
Re: To be honest
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 01:11:17 am »

I want a defensive minded head coach. Weíve had our fair share of coaches who could score a lot of points, but we havenít had a coach who could impose their will on the defensive side of the ball. Everybodyís wanting the next high powered offensive guru but defense when championships. You can see the difference between Georgia, Alabama and Auburn. Georgia and Alabama have defensive guys as head coaches and Auburn is ran by an offensive guy. When was the last time Arkansas had a defense that imposed itís will on other teams? If we got a defensive coach who would it be? Schiano?

2014 to answer your question.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

• Hogvillian
  • Hogville Executive Consulting LLC
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 04:50:03 am »

Bielema was supposed to be a defensive guy. Schiano would probably work seeing as robb smith was a schiano guy and had a great defense here in year 1 before bielema put a leash on him

FANONTHEHILL

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 04:56:55 am »

Brent Venables is the answer if defensive minded is what youíre looking for.  Championship caliber defenses while at OU, same at Clemson, and can recruit the heck out of east Texas.  Relatively young guy (turns 47 in December) that can relate to young players but is old school intense, demanding, and hard nosed.  He was my #1 choice five years ago.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 05:00:31 am »

I don't care if it is offense or defense. Get an intense disciplined type coach

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 05:01:16 am »

Brent Venables is the answer if defensive minded is what youíre looking for.  Championship caliber defenses while at OU, same at Clemson, and can recruit the heck out of east Texas.  Relatively young guy (turns 47 in December) that can relate to young players but is old school intense, demanding, and hard nosed.  He was my #1 choice five years ago.

Thatís guvís #1 so there has to be something wrong with him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas