• 384,960 Topics
• 21,557 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Poll

Lot of discussion about CBB and ADJL's religious believes lately, so it begs the question: Do CBB's and ADJL's religious beliefs play a factor in whether to terminate them or not?

Yes
- 11 (7.6%)
No
- 109 (75.2%)
Not necessarily, but removing the AAO bible study was a bad look
- 25 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Potential Factor in CBB's and ADJL's termination?  (Read 2593 times)

jvanhorn

• Senior
Re: Potential Factor in CBB's and ADJL's termination?
« Reply #150 on: November 08, 2017, 05:18:40 pm »

Jesus Christ, what an entitled and foolish thing to say. Ah yes, the white Christian male. A most maligned and vilified creature, indeed.

He can't stop having them meet off campus can he?  By the way when are you all going to start paying property taxes like the rest of us peons.  All I ever see building bigger and better are churches and banks.   Wish I had a sweet scam like that going.

Cotton

• Senior
  • Ph.D Common Sense
« Reply #151 on: November 08, 2017, 05:18:59 pm »

So being a pastor, I'll bite on this. I think it is entirely wrong for Long to do away with a bible study group that the students are having. That has nothing to do with him or anyone else. People are allowed to join or leave that group as they wish. It isn't imposing on anyone. It would be the same as if a group of Muslim students wanted to start a group for their religious belief. I think he should have side stepped that one and walked away. That should have been left up to the student body to decide, but in today's world the Christian is the most oppressed person in the world. It has become the pc thing to do. It disgusts me, but I can't stop it alone, and it's been shown in this post that most here don't care to stop it either.
You serious Clark?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

jvanhorn

• Senior
« Reply #152 on: November 08, 2017, 05:20:28 pm »

So you don't believe Noah and the great flood, the six days of creation, the Ten Commandments, etc.?
So you don't believe Noah and the great flood, the six days of creation, the Ten Commandments, etc.?

LOL, well if all that stuff is in the Old Testament I don't know how he could have been more clearer.

jvanhorn

• Senior
« Reply #153 on: November 08, 2017, 05:23:26 pm »

It is absolutely important to me. Nothing is more important than Christ in Arkansas. We need more of it in our athletic department. Tired of these liberals trying to suppress my religious beliefs.
Quote from: WalHog2018

link=topic=646572.msg11099661#msg11099661 date=1510178129

This what happens when you do away with separation of church and state.  The dominos start falling and soon enough you have a nation divided and going down the potty.
It is absolutely important to me. Nothing is more important than Christ in Arkansas. We need more of it in our athletic department. Tired of these liberals trying to suppress my religious beliefs.

All right!  Someone with even bigger problems than the football team.

Albert Einswine

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #154 on: November 08, 2017, 05:24:49 pm »

Thats the only thing we should all be worried about.

"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." ~ Thomas Jefferson

PorkRinds

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #155 on: November 08, 2017, 05:25:23 pm »

So being a pastor, I'll bite on this. I think it is entirely wrong for Long to do away with a bible study group that the students are having. That has nothing to do with him or anyone else. People are allowed to join or leave that group as they wish. It isn't imposing on anyone. It would be the same as if a group of Muslim students wanted to start a group for their religious belief. I think he should have side stepped that one and walked away. That should have been left up to the student body to decide, but in today's world the Christian is the most oppressed person in the world. It has become the pc thing to do. It disgusts me, but I can't stop it alone, and it's been shown in this post that most here don't care to stop it either.

The Christian is the most oppressed person in the world? What freaking planet do you live on?

cjack

• Varsity
  • 61,000+ for one of the signature wins of CBB
« Reply #156 on: November 08, 2017, 05:25:45 pm »

Wow. I said this would be entertaining because I thought the arguing would be about it being silly to use religion as a basis for firing Bielema/Long. I never realized we have atheists and outright anti-Christian people in here.  That is a truly sad thing.

WalHog2018

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #157 on: November 08, 2017, 05:27:45 pm »

The Christian is the most oppressed person in the world? What freaking planet do you live on?
Millions are murdered each year. read the news.

WalHog2018

• Varsity
« Reply #158 on: November 08, 2017, 05:27:57 pm »

Wow. I said this would be entertaining because I thought the arguing would be about it being silly to use religion as a basis for firing Bielema/Long. I never realized we have atheists and outright anti-Christian people in here.  That is a truly sad thing.
Yep :(

swinemaster

• Senior
  • West Coast Talent Scout
« Reply #159 on: November 08, 2017, 05:29:12 pm »

I thought this thread was really sad but it's really just one wacko driving this thing 4 pages.  Why don't we just let him be in his crazy world.

Birminghog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Ludwig calls the Hogs at Hogville.net
« Reply #160 on: November 08, 2017, 05:29:29 pm »

Things Im worried about:
1. Jesus
2. Hogs.
3. Hogville

Don't worry about Jesus. He'll be just fine. If you choose to worry about the other two, knock yourself out, but please stop doing it in all caps. We don't need you shouting at us.

Look, my brother. You could not possibly love Jesus any more than do I. I will accept that I don't love Him more than do you. But Jesus has a lot more to worry about in this world than football games or teams. Does he care? Absolutely. He cares for everyone and everything. Jesus never forced himself on anyone; He drew them to Him. He said, "come unto me all who are weak and heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, ..." Please stop trying to force our Lord on others. I love the quote, "As long as there are math exams, there will be prayer in schools." Prayer should never be forced on others, whether it be a Christian prayer, a Jewish prayer, a Muslim prayer, or any other prayer. Be a witness by example, and verbally witness as you are led, but please do it in a respectful manner. Thanks.

Hayduke

• Band Nerd
« Reply #161 on: November 08, 2017, 05:29:49 pm »

You never realized atheists may have a common hobby as you? And now that you've reached that crushing realization, it's a truly sad thing to you? Am I understanding that correctly?

PorkRinds

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #162 on: November 08, 2017, 05:29:58 pm »

Millions are murdered each year. read the news.

Uh. Thatís 100% false. Not a single thread of truth in that made up statistic.

razorbackfaninar

• Senior
« Reply #163 on: November 08, 2017, 05:30:18 pm »

Why is it sad if people don't believe what you believe?  I am guessing that you don't believe in Allah, or Zeus, or Vishnu etc.  There are lots of God you don't believe in, is that sad?     

Wildhog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #164 on: November 08, 2017, 05:30:31 pm »

Changed my mind.  This thread is awesome.

WalHog2018

• Varsity
« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2017, 05:34:41 pm »

Don't worry about Jesus. He'll be just fine. If you choose to worry about the other two, knock yourself out, but please stop doing it in all caps. We don't need you shouting at us.

Look, my brother. You could not possibly love Jesus any more than do I. I will accept that I don't love Him more than do you. But Jesus has a lot more to worry about in this world than football games or teams. Does he care? Absolutely. He cares for everyone and everything. Jesus never forced himself on anyone; He drew them to Him. He said, "come unto me all who are weak and heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, ..." Please stop trying to force our Lord on others. I love the quote, "As long as there are math exams, there will be prayer in schools." Prayer should never be forced on others, whether it be a Christian prayer, a Jewish prayer, a Muslim prayer, or any other prayer. Be a witness by example, and verbally witness as you are led, but please do it in a respectful manner. Thanks.
You know what, I agree. Thank you

DoubleReedHawgCaller

« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2017, 05:35:38 pm »

I left to go get a live chicken and came back to all this crap. Wth???

razorbackfaninar

• Senior
« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2017, 05:35:58 pm »

"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Well it does pick your pocket a bit.

cjack

• Varsity
  • 61,000+ for one of the signature wins of CBB
« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2017, 05:38:07 pm »

You never realized atheists may have a common hobby as you? And now that you've reached that crushing realization, it's a truly sad thing to you? Am I understanding that correctly?

Yes. I never realized there were this many atheists and anti Christians in here.  I guess I was just naive

Why is it sad if people don't believe what you believe?  I am guessing that you don't believe in Allah, or Zeus, or Vishnu etc.  There are lots of God you don't believe in, is that sad?     

There is one God. I'm not hostile toward people that believe differently.  We have many differences in Arkansas, but I didn't realize atheism and Christian bashing was as common as it seems based on this thread.

WalHog2018

• Varsity
« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2017, 05:40:08 pm »

Yes. I never realized there were this many atheists and anti Christians in here.  I guess I was just naive

There is one God. I'm not hostile toward people that believe differently.  We have many differences in Arkansas, but I didn't realize atheism and Christian bashing was as common as it seems based on this thread.
We need more people like CJACK!

mckinneyhog5

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2017, 05:40:31 pm »

I would think that the author of this thread was against abortion...but i guess not because this is an abortion of a thread.

PorkRinds

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2017, 05:41:29 pm »

I would think that the author of this thread was against abortion...but i guess not because this is an abortion of a thread.

When it comes to this thread, Iím pro-choice. Abort this sucker and be done with it!

HoggyCat

« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2017, 05:42:13 pm »

Name one more. On a worldwide basis.

PorkRinds

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2017, 05:50:38 pm »

Name one more. On a worldwide basis.

I could name about ten more.

WalHog2018

• Varsity
« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2017, 05:52:15 pm »

I could name about ten more.
Go ahead then. We've made it this far.

Hayduke

• Band Nerd
« Reply #175 on: November 08, 2017, 05:52:33 pm »

Naive. That's one way to look at it.

KennyForAD

• Hogvillian
« Reply #176 on: November 08, 2017, 05:53:36 pm »

What a strange thread.

Best one since the Tavern burn down.

swineology

• Hogvillian
  • Running Back U
« Reply #177 on: November 08, 2017, 06:01:17 pm »

CBB always thanks "the Man upstairs", if you listen to his pressers. What more do you want?

Keep reaching and running that post count up...

smdh

thebignasty

• I find your lack of faith... disturbing.
« Reply #178 on: November 08, 2017, 06:08:22 pm »

I want to start a Long rumor

WalHog2018

• Varsity
« Reply #179 on: November 08, 2017, 06:08:39 pm »

CBB always thanks "the Man upstairs", if you listen to his pressers. What more do you want?

smdh
which man though? That matters

RyanMallettsEgo

• My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
« Reply #180 on: November 08, 2017, 06:10:42 pm »

which man though? That matters

I guess that depends on where the pressers are held and who has offices above the room where the pressers are held.

WalHog2018

• Varsity
« Reply #181 on: November 08, 2017, 06:14:33 pm »

I guess that depends on where the pressers are held and who has offices above the room where the pressers are held.
exactly. Ugh

WoooPigNation

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #182 on: November 08, 2017, 06:18:10 pm »

^^^ this is a great point.  It is easy to bash Christians without any repercussions anymore.  Funny how the "tolerant" people seem to go out of their way at us Christians. Very disappointing

WoooPigNation

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #183 on: November 08, 2017, 06:19:40 pm »

^^^ this is a great point.  It is easy to bash Christians without any repercussions anymore.  Funny how the "tolerant" people seem to go out of their way at us Christians. Very disappointing

KennyForAD

• Hogvillian
« Reply #184 on: November 08, 2017, 06:20:23 pm »

When it comes to this thread, Iím pro-choice. Abort this sucker and be done with it!

Abort the best thread in months?  No way...  This one has it all:  Religion; Satan = Jeff Long?; James Brown; Blues Brothers...

KennyForAD

• Hogvillian
« Reply #185 on: November 08, 2017, 06:22:05 pm »

smdh

I listened to him CRY while wondering why God is letting things go so wrong, and unlike Jeff Long, he was not faking.  Burt is a good man.  I love him.  He just can't coach.  No sin in that. 

RyanMallettsEgo

« Reply #186 on: November 08, 2017, 06:22:37 pm »

Jeff Long is not Satan.   Satan is taller.

You sure you're taller than Long?

KennyForAD

• Hogvillian
« Reply #187 on: November 08, 2017, 06:28:58 pm »

You sure you're taller than Long?

I'm 6'6" and 260 pounds of 'Don't frank with me, son.'   But I'm old and tired and not nearly as mean as I once was.   So, if you want to have a measuring contest, come on down to the Saline River Bottoms.   Tell 'em you're looking for that 6'6" dude that its a real bad idea to screw with.   They'll point ya my way...  Bet.

Jeff Long is not the Devil.   You want to meet him, come on down.

RyanMallettsEgo

« Reply #188 on: November 08, 2017, 06:30:25 pm »

I'm 6'6" and 260 pounds of 'Don't frank with me, son.'   But I'm old and tired and not nearly as mean as I once was.   So, if you want to have a measuring contest, come on down to the Saline River Bottoms.   Tell 'em you're looking for that 6'6" dude that its a real bad idea to screw with.   They'll point ya my way...

Ever heard "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown?"

If so, what's the moral of the story?

Also, I think you missed the point of my post. Can't say I'm surprised.

KennyForAD

• Hogvillian
« Reply #189 on: November 08, 2017, 06:34:24 pm »

Ever heard "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown?"

If so, what's the moral of the story?

Also, I think you missed the point of my post. Can't say I'm surprised.

Don't Mess Around With Jim is Closer.   You asked a question.  I answered.  There WAS no point.   Are you this dense in real life?

And if you trolls think you can run me off, think again.  YOU will be gone ... before long, and WITH Long.   ;)

RyanMallettsEgo

« Reply #190 on: November 08, 2017, 06:40:15 pm »

Don't Mess Around With Slim is Closer.   You asked a question.  I answered.  There WAS no point.   Are you this dense in real life?

And if you trolls think you can run me off, think again.  YOU will be gone ... before long, and WITH Long.   ;)

Oh man.

Ohhhh man.

Not gonna turn this into an interpretation of "You Don't Mess Around With Jim," but...

WoooPigNation

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #191 on: November 08, 2017, 06:41:43 pm »

Don't Mess Around With Slim is Closer.   You asked a question.  I answered.  There WAS no point.   Are you this dense in real life?

KennyForAD body bagging people out her.  Probably wearing eye black at home with Philippians 4:13.  He is unstoppable. 

KennyForAD

• Hogvillian
« Reply #193 on: November 08, 2017, 06:45:10 pm »

Oh man.

Ohhhh man.

Not gonna turn this into an interpretation of "You Don't Mess Around With Jim," but...

If you think you're "Slim, from South Alabama" come on down.   Bring a gun.   If you do, bring some Vaseline too.   You'll be glad you did, troll.   ;)

RyanMallettsEgo

« Reply #194 on: November 08, 2017, 06:46:44 pm »

If you think you're "Slim, from South Alabama" come on down.   Bring a gun.   If you do, bring some Vaseline too.   You'll be glad you did, troll.   ;)

Vaseline?

Are you proposing some Kevin Spacey type thing? I'll pass, thanks.

Elguapo501

• Walk-On
« Reply #197 on: November 08, 2017, 07:09:35 pm »

Stop the hammering.
😂😂😂😂🤔🤔🤔

Piggfoot

• Hog Table top cooker
« Reply #198 on: November 08, 2017, 07:13:27 pm »

Matthew 6:5-8

farmhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #199 on: November 08, 2017, 07:13:42 pm »

I thought this thread was really sad but it's really just one wacko driving this thing 4 pages.  Why don't we just let him be in his crazy world.
perfect
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas