Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Academic Record

Started by ATU HOG, November 08, 2017, 02:36:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ATU HOG

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 09, 2017, 10:29:32 am
I stopped reading there because that is BS and a narrative that you and many others have created and ran with because you are insane.

You're right

Perennial 8-4 Team

Quote from: ATU HOG on November 09, 2017, 10:20:50 am
Completely disagree. 

It's relative to Jeff Long because he's the one that has created this story.  This story of excelling in academics, having integrity in everything we do, and being content with the results on the field as long as we have the first two.  Listen we should 1000% do our best to excel in the academic side of things.  We should and do give all of our students oppourtunities to succeed in the classroom.  That's an expectation of our student athletes that they do well in the classroom.  Almost every university has that expectation.  Obviously there are exceptions to that, but 99% of colleges expect that of their student athletes.  But we've been given this story that this is something we have our hat to hang on, more than many other schools, when clearly every school is doing the same or better than we are.

Then to the integrity card.  I was on campus when Petrino got fired.  It happens, whether I agree/disagree it's what happened.  Next day, shirts came out to the student body that said "Integrity goes a LONG way"  From that point on, in my personal opinion Jeff has done many great things to better his name, but when it comes to the Arkansas Razorbacks, I felt like Jeff came first then then the Razorbacks came.  CFB Playoff Chair, Raises, Mr.  Integrity, etc.  We became known as a brand that was about Jeff Long rather than the Arkansas Razorbacks.  And in my opinion there hasn't been a lot of things to change that.  We still constantly hear about how much integrity we have.  We constantly hear that our kids do things the right way along with our program.  Just seems like a salesman telling you about how great we are in some things (which those are expectations... shouldn't brag about doing the right thing) to deflect from how bad we are in other things.

Well said, sir. Could not agree more. I think realizations such as this go over the head of those with 3 or more diplomas. 

RME

Quote from: ATU HOG on November 09, 2017, 10:20:50 am
Completely disagree. 

It's relative to Jeff Long because he's the one that has created this story.  This story of excelling in academics, having integrity in everything we do, and being content with the results on the field as long as we have the first two.  Listen we should 1000% do our best to excel in the academic side of things.  We should and do give all of our students oppourtunities to succeed in the classroom.  That's an expectation of our student athletes that they do well in the classroom.  Almost every university has that expectation.  Obviously there are exceptions to that, but 99% of colleges expect that of their student athletes.  But we've been given this story that this is something we have our hat to hang on, more than many other schools, when clearly every school is doing the same or better than we are.

Then to the integrity card.  I was on campus when Petrino got fired.  It happens, whether I agree/disagree it's what happened.  Next day, shirts came out to the student body that said "Integrity goes a LONG way"  From that point on, in my personal opinion Jeff has done many great things to better his name, but when it comes to the Arkansas Razorbacks, I felt like Jeff came first then then the Razorbacks came.  CFB Playoff Chair, Raises, Mr.  Integrity, etc.  We became known as a brand that was about Jeff Long rather than the Arkansas Razorbacks.  And in my opinion there hasn't been a lot of things to change that.  We still constantly hear about how much integrity we have.  We constantly hear that our kids do things the right way along with our program.  Just seems like a salesman telling you about how great we are in some things (which those are expectations... shouldn't brag about doing the right thing) to deflect from how bad we are in other things.

Stopped reading right there because that's just not at all true.

If you read his quote, he actually says, "Yes, we want to win. Yes, it's a priority. Yes, it eats us up from the inside that we don't win more." But you people can never get past the "we aren't a win at all costs program" bit. It's clickbait to you people. You read a headline and make an assumption without reading the article.

You take his cold-hard statement and spin it to fit your narrative that he's "content" with subpar performance when he literally said otherwise.

Hell, you don't even have to have graduated Kindergarten to read a statement. Maybe you need three degrees to comprehend it, though.

Jim Harris

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 08, 2017, 03:19:38 pm
Again, he's not bragging to you. He's bragging on his student-athletes, as the Tweet clearly states.

Some of you are so self-absorbed you think everything is all about you and directed at you. It's not.

If you and your team at work did something unprecedented and your boss stopped by and said, "Hey good job this quarter, fellas!" would you bitch about that too?

And they're still last in the SEC.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

RME

Quote from: Jim Harris on November 09, 2017, 11:27:15 am
And they're still last in the SEC.

And you're still missing the point.

Aren't you a journalist? That's unsettling you can't understand the point.

ATU HOG

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 09, 2017, 11:26:37 am
Stopped reading right there because that's just not at all true.

If you read his quote, he actually says, "Yes, we want to win. Yes, it's a priority. Yes, it eats us up from the inside that we don't win more." But you people can never get past the "we aren't a win at all costs program" bit. It's clickbait to you people. You read a headline and make an assumption without reading the article.

You take his cold-hard statement and spin it to fit your narrative that he's "content" with subpar performance when he literally said otherwise.

Hell, you don't even have to have graduated Kindergarten to read a statement. Maybe you need three degrees to comprehend it, though.
I understand what the whole quote said.  My opinion on this goes more that what one quote says.