Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Norvell, Arkansas connections!

Started by Ghost Writer in the Sty, November 08, 2017, 10:53:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgball40

Quote from: RebHog on November 09, 2017, 05:30:31 pm
Wrong Sorry I was a lil sauced up but I took this "Fuente "stole a lot of ideas," according to Dickey, who also served as Fuente's offensive coordinator." as someone who was left behind by fuentes at memphis when he went to VT and may have sour grapes?
An alternate take on that is that because Dickey knew Fuentes stole the ideas, there was no way he could take dickey with him, as that would be good leverage. Some, hell most coaches(and people in general) will take a sycophant employee every time rather than someone who will challenge them or has dirt on them.

clutch

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 09, 2017, 06:46:15 pm
An alternate take on that is that because Dickey knew Fuentes stole the ideas, there was no way he could take dickey with him, as that would be good leverage. Some, hell most coaches(and people in general) will take a sycophant employee every time rather than someone who will challenge them or has dirt on them.

I don't think that had anything to do with it. Coaching is stealing. You are always stealing ideas from someone else. Everyone does it, so it's never really considered dirt. If you aren't stealing ideas from other innovative people, you aren't really that good of a coach. Nobody wants a coach that is set in his ways and unwilling to evolve.

hawgball40

Quote from: clutch on November 09, 2017, 07:31:06 pm
I don't think that had anything to do with it. Coaching is stealing. You are always stealing ideas from someone else. Everyone does it, so it's never really considered dirt. If you aren't stealing ideas from other innovative people, you aren't really that good of a coach. Nobody wants a coach that is set in his ways and unwilling to evolve.
[/b]
sounds like a coach we all know and love.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Seebs on November 08, 2017, 11:30:59 am
I thought Dana Kirk coached Memphis?  When did this happen?

No silly, it's Larry Finch.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

bob slydell

If Arkansas connections are the deciding factor in hiring a coach, it's going to be very tough to narrow that list down.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.