• 385,005 Topics
• 21,565 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The end is near. Beware of false prophets.  (Read 1147 times)

Skandar Jackson

• Hogvillian
  • Fireball...not to be confused with what CBB drinks
The end is near. Beware of false prophets.
« on: November 07, 2017, 01:20:23 pm »

There's water in the blood today.  In fact there has been blood in the water most of this year and for a good portion of CBB's last few years but at this point the ratio actually changed over the 60% blood and 40% water on Saturday.

Now I don't need all the scientists this place has to offer giving me the statistics on how much water is in blood. Not my first rodeo in this joint and some of you keep your stubby little sausage fingers and greasy fingernails hovering over mouse to google anything that can prove another feller wrong who's just trying to make a point.

We go through this every few years.  Houston, Petrino, and now Beliema.  You boys get whipped into a frenzy, become addicted to Hogville.  False prophets emerge with solid information from mysterious sources.  You search the internet for articles and post them here. See there...look at this article.  You know he's gone if __________ (insert name here) is saying this.  You listen to the radio, SEC network, and Finebaum and you hang on the words of all the blowhards and gas bags, hoping for a nugget that proves that someone in the media knows something and is giving some type of cryptic hint that the end is near. Some of you old farts even read the newspaper to see what Wally Hall said which shows just how much we, as a message board and fan base, are scraping the bottom of the gravy bowl on this one when we resort of relying on Wally as a solid source of info.

As an added and perhaps unprecedented twist there is also rampant speculation and hope by many that Jeff Long be fired as well.  In fact I would guess that the disdain for Long is even stronger than that for Beliema in many cases.  Most rationale fans (and there are still a few of them out there - just not that many here on Hogville) see Beliema as a decent person, good family man, a person who cares about all the right things with his players from a personal standpoint but someone who has, for whatever reason, failed as a football coach.  He is a likeable person and has been a good ambassador for the University and state.  We see him every week in press conferences, TV, and we hear him on the radio.  His weight gain has made him an easy target and his quirkiness about certain things from windbreakers to jelly sandwiches to lobsters has made him an easy target for fans who have been frustrated with the Hogs' on field performance. 

Long, however, is another story.  He is perceived by many, rightly or wrongly, as arrogant and out of touch.  His spin on the importance of academics coupled with our football teams' steady decline after Petrino left, has fans believing that he places little or no importance on having a winning football program.  His record on hiring football coaches has made him an easy target and 6 years of mediocre or worse football has fans suggesting that the only way to right the ship is to clean house from top to bottom.  Put in a casebook win lose situation with Petrino, some fans still point to that as the reason we shouldn't trust Long. 

We have three more games.  Less than a month.  Rumors are flying. Mods and admins have largely given up on attempting to keep any order here.  Everyone is at each others' throats.  We're mad at the coaches, mad at Long, mad at the media for not asking tougher questions, and mad at each other.  Wish I could insert the song "It's the most wonderful time...of the year" right here.  The same people are posting the same stuff every day.  Some fans are even admitting they hope we lose in order to force the University's hand to fire Beliema and that comes from an inherent distrust of Jeff "Smokescreen" Long, who many believe wants to give Beliema another pass and another year as Head Coach.  And it's driving some of you crazy.  The crazier you are, the more bothered you are by the team's performance, the more desperate you are, the more likely you are to believe the false prophets....the more likely you are to see that flyer the Alamos put on your car in the wal mart parking and open it up and look at something crazy for answers.

Jeff Long is puckered up right now.  You can tell by looking at him and listening to him that if he farted not even a dog could hear that high pitched whistling sound.  He first and foremost is going to save himself.  He's the captain of the Titanic and if there is only one life boat available (and he's not sure there is even one at this point) he will throw any and all overboard  before he allows anyone else to be in that lifeboat.  He is plotting and scheming and exploring all scenarios to save himself and make himself look good in the eyes of the University and the fan base and he is behind closed doors with the mystical powers that be trying to figure that out right now.  His track record on this would give us no reason to believe otherwise when it comes to Long.  "Allow me so save myself and then I will save the football program with the right coach" ....and this will give him at least five more safe years, and win or lose, he could walk away from us then and not need this or any job anymore.

CBB, whom I described as prickly earlier this week, is going to get as prickly as a porcupine before this thing is over.  Media members who have kissed the pontiff's ring for years are suddenly going to start (they already have) asking tougher questions about dazed looks and I can only hope a question at some point about these shrouded in mystery jelly sandwich halftime picnics.   This is their time to show the world that they aren't just a pawn of the University and the coaching staff.  Since Beliema is navigating uncharted waters (for him at least) I expect him to bristle almost daily at press conferences.  He may still be in some denial about what we all think is going to happen or he may have decided that since the media is letting him have it now he's going to let them have it right back. It should be fun to watch if your idea of fun is watching train wrecks and Nascar crashes.

I, for one, pretty much see how this one will play out, who will stay, who will go, and when all this will go down, but I am keeping my cards face down, hoodie pulled over my head, and cataract sunglasses over my eyes.  Gonna sit back and watch you guys babble around and make fools of yourself and chase every word out of anybody's mouth like dogs chasing cars on a country road.

Fun times await and there will be some surprises that I cannot reveal now but as things get closer to the end I might hint as to how this will all go down, lacing my messages with codes and cryptic clues that those will knowledge will understand and those without knowledge could never understand.

Looking forward to the insanity of the coming week. I have little doubt that the false prophets will keep this board in utter chaos for week and perhaps months to come. 

Skandar Jackson
Nov. 7, 2017

GunnerHawg70

• Senior
  • IT'S GOOD TO BE A HAWG!!!
    • http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?PHPSESSID=9da7d7064499e70510bd934e2156994e&action=dlattach;attach=101650;type=avatar
Re: The end is near. Beware of false prophets.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 01:30:05 pm »

That was downright awesome!!! Bravo PHJ, Bravo👏🏽

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

STLHogFan

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 01:31:36 pm »

That was an entertaining read. 👍

BR

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Chaos, panic, & disorder -- my work here is done.
    • BR's Home Page
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 01:32:14 pm »

Has to be from your Crystal Ball or that new medical stuff you got from Colorado for these insightful visions you are sharing with us...

Marshfieldhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 01:32:58 pm »

Hogville is like the Wild West right now, law and order done been gone.

HeathWimp

• Hogvillian
  • AKA "Frank's Slap Rendition Camp"
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 01:33:55 pm »

That seemed like a good post, but was kind of long.  Have you been putting peanut butter on your lobsters?

thebignasty

• I find your lack of faith... disturbing.
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 01:34:16 pm »

Wonder if some of the source purveyors sharing the inside picture these days would admit to calling Jon Gruden an ironclad sure thing last time.

Cause those folks are peddling in here again.

KennyForAD

• Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 01:36:12 pm »

Jeff Long's fate has yet to be determined.  But the good guys, who know, finally have 'Deep Pockets' ear.   We're close to getting rid of that snake.  DO NOT BUY TICKETS.  Do not go to games.  Write letters.   Keep up the pressure.  We are going to save the program.

pignparadise

• Senior
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 01:38:03 pm »

Dilly Dilly!

jst01

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 01:38:39 pm »

the Long fart comment might have been the best part of that post!  But pretty much nailed the vibe in here.

• Woo Pig Sooie, brotha!
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 01:39:45 pm »

In the end, there will be wars and rumors of wars.

STLHogFan

• Varsity
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 01:40:50 pm »

the Long fart comment might have been the best part of that post!  But pretty much nailed the vibe in here.

Yea I laughed out loud about the high pitched fart.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 01:42:28 pm »

I knew that post was gonna be a worthless read when you tried to convince me Wally isnít the true soothsayer around here. What a joke.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 01:46:06 pm »

I knew that post was gonna be a worthless read when you tried to convince me Wally isnít the true soothsayer around here. What a joke.

I measure the worthlessness by word count, when that one got over 20 words, I quit and looked for a Delta post.

Hogeration

• I like you, but you're crazy man.
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2017, 01:46:15 pm »

Great and entertaining read even though it didnít say anything.

Razorbackers

• Good Takes Found Here
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 01:46:25 pm »

Jeff Long's fate has yet to be determined.  But the good guys, who know, finally have 'Deep Pockets' ear.   We're close to getting rid of that snake.  DO NOT BUY TICKETS.  Do not go to games.  Write letters.   Keep up the pressure.  We are going to save the program.

KennyForAD

• Hogvillian

ballz2thewall

• Hogvillian
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 01:54:56 pm »

ochre egyptians
gathering figs
every now and then
goose a red-asss monkey

cowboy, that was a good read. i offer my favorite poem in sacrifice. fling a little blood around the temple first. it'll stick better.

well done....:) 

The NewEra

• New Era
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 01:55:21 pm »

Colorfully written.  Entertaining for sure.  I do find humor in that you have become one of the most prolific posters on Hogville while referencing the frenzy around here as of late.  By the way, I'm one of those old farts and I have to admit I read Wally's column today, but online.  Does that buy me some relief from your disdain of the old and decrepit? 

Hoggie17

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2017, 02:05:53 pm »

Great and entertaining read even though it didnít say anything.
I kept reading to find out his point.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2017, 02:06:24 pm »

I wish Rev, HRV, PWJ, and other long gone DST alums were still around to read that masterpiece.

huntindoc

• Senior
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2017, 02:07:41 pm »

+1 for the Phil Laak reference, intentional or not.

BR

• BR's Home Page
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2017, 02:07:47 pm »

I wish Rev, HRV, PWJ, and other long gone DST alums were still around to read that masterpiece.
Who says their not?

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Official Jeff Long Darksider!
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2017, 02:07:56 pm »

There's water in the blood today.  In fact there has been blood in the water most of this year and for a good portion of CBB's last few years but at this point the ratio actually changed over the 60% blood and 40% water on Saturday.

Now I don't need all the scientists this place has to offer giving me the statistics on how much water is in blood. Not my first rodeo in this joint and some of you keep your stubby little sausage fingers and greasy fingernails hovering over mouse to google anything that can prove another feller wrong who's just trying to make a point.

We go through this every few years.  Houston, Petrino, and now Beliema.  You boys get whipped into a frenzy, become addicted to Hogville.  False prophets emerge with solid information from mysterious sources.  You search the internet for articles and post them here. See there...look at this article.  You know he's gone if __________ (insert name here) is saying this.  You listen to the radio, SEC network, and Finebaum and you hang on the words of all the blowhards and gas bags, hoping for a nugget that proves that someone in the media knows something and is giving some type of cryptic hint that the end is near. Some of you old farts even read the newspaper to see what Wally Hall said which shows just how much we, as a message board and fan base, are scraping the bottom of the gravy bowl on this one when we resort of relying on Wally as a solid source of info.

As an added and perhaps unprecedented twist there is also rampant speculation and hope by many that Jeff Long be fired as well.  In fact I would guess that the disdain for Long is even stronger than that for Beliema in many cases.  Most rationale fans (and there are still a few of them out there - just not that many here on Hogville) see Beliema as a decent person, good family man, a person who cares about all the right things with his players from a personal standpoint but someone who has, for whatever reason, failed as a football coach.  He is a likeable person and has been a good ambassador for the University and state.  We see him every week in press conferences, TV, and we hear him on the radio.  His weight gain has made him an easy target and his quirkiness about certain things from windbreakers to jelly sandwiches to lobsters has made him an easy target for fans who have been frustrated with the Hogs' on field performance. 

Long, however, is another story.  He is perceived by many, rightly or wrongly, as arrogant and out of touch.  His spin on the importance of academics coupled with our football teams' steady decline after Petrino left, has fans believing that he places little or no importance on having a winning football program.  His record on hiring football coaches has made him an easy target and 6 years of mediocre or worse football has fans suggesting that the only way to right the ship is to clean house from top to bottom.  Put in a casebook win lose situation with Petrino, some fans still point to that as the reason we shouldn't trust Long. 

We have three more games.  Less than a month.  Rumors are flying. Mods and admins have largely given up on attempting to keep any order here.  Everyone is at each others' throats.  We're mad at the coaches, mad at Long, mad at the media for not asking tougher questions, and mad at each other.  Wish I could insert the song "It's the most wonderful time...of the year" right here.  The same people are posting the same stuff every day.  Some fans are even admitting they hope we lose in order to force the University's hand to fire Beliema and that comes from an inherent distrust of Jeff "Smokescreen" Long, who many believe wants to give Beliema another pass and another year as Head Coach.  And it's driving some of you crazy.  The crazier you are, the more bothered you are by the team's performance, the more desperate you are, the more likely you are to believe the false prophets....the more likely you are to see that flyer the Alamos put on your car in the wal mart parking and open it up and look at something crazy for answers.

Jeff Long is puckered up right now.  You can tell by looking at him and listening to him that if he farted not even a dog could hear that high pitched whistling sound.  He first and foremost is going to save himself.  He's the captain of the Titanic and if there is only one life boat available (and he's not sure there is even one at this point) he will throw any and all overboard  before he allows anyone else to be in that lifeboat.  He is plotting and scheming and exploring all scenarios to save himself and make himself look good in the eyes of the University and the fan base and he is behind closed doors with the mystical powers that be trying to figure that out right now.  His track record on this would give us no reason to believe otherwise when it comes to Long.  "Allow me so save myself and then I will save the football program with the right coach" ....and this will give him at least five more safe years, and win or lose, he could walk away from us then and not need this or any job anymore.

CBB, whom I described as prickly earlier this week, is going to get as prickly as a porcupine before this thing is over.  Media members who have kissed the pontiff's ring for years are suddenly going to start (they already have) asking tougher questions about dazed looks and I can only hope a question at some point about these shrouded in mystery jelly sandwich halftime picnics.   This is their time to show the world that they aren't just a pawn of the University and the coaching staff.  Since Beliema is navigating uncharted waters (for him at least) I expect him to bristle almost daily at press conferences.  He may still be in some denial about what we all think is going to happen or he may have decided that since the media is letting him have it now he's going to let them have it right back. It should be fun to watch if your idea of fun is watching train wrecks and Nascar crashes.

I, for one, pretty much see how this one will play out, who will stay, who will go, and when all this will go down, but I am keeping my cards face down, hoodie pulled over my head, and cataract sunglasses over my eyes.  Gonna sit back and watch you guys babble around and make fools of yourself and chase every word out of anybody's mouth like dogs chasing cars on a country road.

Fun times await and there will be some surprises that I cannot reveal now but as things get closer to the end I might hint as to how this will all go down, lacing my messages with codes and cryptic clues that those will knowledge will understand and those without knowledge could never understand.

Looking forward to the insanity of the coming week. I have little doubt that the false prophets will keep this board in utter chaos for week and perhaps months to come. 

Skandar Jackson
Nov. 7, 2017

I didn't realize that you are a Skandor Akbar fan. His real name was Jimmy Wehba. When I was a boy, he was one of my favorite Wrestlers. Interesting post by the way.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2017, 02:09:12 pm »

Who says their not?

They aren't they've been banished into never never land by the Bear, may they RIP.

KennyForAD

• Hogvillian
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2017, 02:09:44 pm »

I kept reading to find out his point.

Read it in a mirror.

BR

• BR's Home Page
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2017, 02:10:33 pm »

They aren't they've been banished into never never land by the Bear, may they RIP.
Ok then...   

jrulz83

• Lenin lived, Lenin lives, Lenin will live forever!
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2017, 02:11:23 pm »

Iím afraid that Skandar got into some bad lobster tails.....

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2017, 02:11:26 pm »

Ok then...   

Free drinks at the Tiki bar in their honor?

hassettsportsman

• Varsity
  • Official Hogville Lobster Expert
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2017, 02:12:03 pm »

To suggest putting PB on Maine Lobsters is just pure evil.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2017, 02:12:55 pm »

Blood in the Water  Watch out.

PorkSoda

• Gold Hogvillian
  • O_o
    • It's a Jeep thing...
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2017, 02:26:28 pm »

you mean write?

my money is on the reincarnation of PWJ

Vantage 8 dude

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2017, 03:49:23 pm »

We go through this every few years.  Houston, Petrino, and now Beliema.  You boys get whipped into a frenzy, become addicted to Hogville.  False prophets emerge with solid information from mysterious s ources.  You search the internet for articles and post them here. See there...look at this article.  You know he's gone if __________ (insert name here) is saying this.  You listen to the radio, SEC network, and Finebaum and you hang on the words of all the blowhards and gas bags, hoping for a nugget that proves that someone in the media knows something and is giving some type of cryptic hint that the end is near. Some of you old farts even read the newspaper to see what Wally Hall said which shows just how much we, as a message board and fan base, are scraping the bottom of the gravy bowl on this one when we resort of relying on Wally as a solid source of info.

Skandar Jackson
Nov. 7, 2017
Let me warn you so you won't faint. A darn good post. Keep up the excellent work :) ;)

PorkSoda

• Gold Hogvillian
  • O_o
    • It's a Jeep thing...
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2017, 03:56:34 pm »

60% blood and 40% water
just so you know, blood is 92% water, so that would make your ratio more like 4.8% blood and 95.2% water.

Google is your friend

JIMMY BOARFFETT

• I'M NOT PERFECT, BUT PARTS OF ME ARE EXCELLENT!
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2017, 04:11:37 pm »

Skandar Jackson
Nov. 7, 2017

I waded through that whole heap of words looking for a nugget and found none. Maybe a little crumb or two of dust, but no nuggets.

Skandar Jackson

• Hogvillian
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2017, 04:37:50 pm »

Real prophets such as myself will have their threads tossed into the trash while false prophets will go throughout the temples and forums spreading their false prophecies.  The end may be closer than we think. Next think you know vantage 8 and will be fishing together and laughing about our past skirmishes.  Cats will be playing with dogs next.

Or mods just hate Skandar Jackson.  Thatís probably more the truth than all that other stuff.

thebignasty

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2017, 04:37:56 pm »

you mean write?

my money is on the reincarnation of PWJ

I'm happy to take your money

Rudy Baylor

• Varsity
  • Hans Blix is very angry with Jeff Long & CBB
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2017, 05:19:18 pm »

1. Too long

2. Wahabbists - yeah I'm going to listen to those idiots

3. Saudi princess being arrested right and left over in Mecca Land

I don't need some wannabe eastern hemispheric raghead wrestler telling me how much my AD needs to get fired. I already know.

Fricking donut eating sunnis

Arky

• Senior
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2017, 05:22:20 pm »

Skandar Jackson
Nov. 7, 2017

you sir, have your finger on the pulse of razorback nation. however, cap don't understand all those big words so he said tell you tl:dr

MartinGit

• Truth
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2017, 05:52:15 pm »

Why in the world is this post in the trash?? It needs to be stickied!!

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2017, 05:59:11 pm »

How about they just sticky it in the trash?

PorkSoda

• Gold Hogvillian
  • O_o
    • It's a Jeep thing...
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2017, 06:04:35 pm »

I'm happy to take your money
what makes you so sure

Pondwater Jack aka Jackson Holly Blasingame

vs

Pillowhead Jackson

and I'm pretty sure it was PWJ who first brought to light the PB&J halftime ritual.

Skandar Jackson

• Hogvillian
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2017, 06:07:19 pm »

Thanks Marty.  Guess this is just too controversial for the masses or them a$$e$ as spell check just changed it for me.

Itís where it belongs.  Itís where i belong.  It feels like home.

Skandar Jackson

• Hogvillian
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2017, 06:10:32 pm »

what makes you so sure

vs

Pillowhead Jackson

and I'm pretty sure it was PWJ who first brought to light the PB&J halftime ritual.

Easy to get all those three letter former posters mixed up...rev, hrv, otr, and pwj. 

Iíve met all of them.  You wouldnít know any of them were certifiable by just looking at them ... but you would if you talked to any of them for five minutes.

Rudy Baylor

• Varsity
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2017, 06:10:38 pm »

what makes you so sure

vs

Pillowhead Jackson

you're probably right and Mister Knowitall bignasty is probably wrong

it's like this bignasty guy is the porkrind jimmy of the trash can

thebignasty

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2017, 07:21:34 pm »

what makes you so sure

vs

Pillowhead Jackson

I'm sure.

-tbn

thebignasty

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2017, 07:24:05 pm »

you're probably right and Mister Knowitall bignasty is probably wrong

it's like this bignasty guy is the porkrind jimmy of the trash can

Id like to think I'm better sourced.

PorkSoda

• Gold Hogvillian
  • O_o
    • It's a Jeep thing...
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2017, 07:31:15 pm »

I'm sure.

-tbn

fair enough

Easy to get all those three letter former posters mixed up...rev, hrv, otr, and pwj. 

Iíve met all of them.  You wouldnít know any of them were certifiable by just looking at them ... but you would if you talked to any of them for five minutes.
anyone crazy enough (and with enough time on their hands) to create fake online personalities for the humor of others is a great humanitarian...and/or just crazy.

I've got a kick out of reading all of them over the years.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2017, 12:54:57 am »

Thanks Marty.  Guess this is just too controversial for the masses or them a$$e$ as spell check just changed it for me.

Itís where it belongs.  Itís where i belong.  It feels like home.
Well, if people didn't like you before, they will certainly hate you now.  I told you this Skandar name change thing would backfire.

Rudy Baylor

• Varsity
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2017, 02:59:04 pm »

I haven't been this pissed off since Clint Conque  >:(
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas