• 385,693 Topics
• 21,601 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worst Case Scenario?  (Read 508 times)

BigK_HogHeaven

• Bench Warmer
Worst Case Scenario?
« on: November 07, 2017, 11:05:53 am »

What if.... and go with me here... we somehow win out?  No way JL would fire Bielema and the stadium would be half empty next season.  That is by far the worst case scenario and that pains me to say as a Razorback fan--winning out would be detrimental to the program. 

Cotton

• Senior
  • Ph.D Common Sense
Re: Worst Case Scenario?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 11:08:37 am »

What if.... and go with me here... we somehow win out?  No way JL would fire Bielema and the stadium would be half empty next season.  That is by far the worst case scenario and that pains me to say as a Razorback fan--winning out would be detrimental to the program.
Another What If thread... these are getting old.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Michael D Huff AIA

• Senior
  • Calling the Hogs since 1974.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 11:12:08 am »

I think the concern is fair.  We have won the last 2 games by a combined 2 points.  This means we are 4 points from losing both.  If that were the case, he's a lock for being asked not to come back. 

But we won them, and there is still a very real possibility that he can come back.  I don't want it, but I think one needs to be objective at a time like this and look at the situation for what it REALLY is.

CBB has a chance to save his job and we all will be worse for it if he does. 

Strange times we are in.

BigK_HogHeaven

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 11:13:24 am »

Just trying to start a conversation. Move along if you don't like it.

My point is that it's depressing that a lifelong Hog fan like myself doesn't want to see this team win out.  I never thought I'd get to that point, but here I am.  I think most die hard Hog fans are with me

tusked

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 11:14:41 am »

What if BB turned into a competent coach overnight.

BigK_HogHeaven

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 11:16:39 am »

What if BB turned into a competent coach overnight.

He's done it before! I'm not expecting it and I think the chances are slim, but we've seen CBB pull wins out of his rear end before! This team is so inconsistent that I have no clue what's going to happen

Dropkick

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 11:20:15 am »

I'm absolutely hoping we win out. I always want us to win. CBB could leave on his own for another job at 7-6 to 8-5 or we could be stuck for another year.

That being said I believe we will get throttled Saturday.

Razor1997

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 11:22:32 am »

Worst case scenario would be going 0-3 and STILL having Bielema come back for 2018.

Sho Nuff

• Senior
  • Is integrity and winning too much to ask?
    • Farmers Agent
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 11:23:20 am »

There isn't a snowballs chance in Hades that this team wins out.  LSU will treat us like their new cellmate on Saturday.

Rock City Razorback

• Senior
  • Gotta love that helmet!
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 11:24:20 am »

No, the worst case scenario is that we lose all 3 games and are still stuck with a terrible HC/staff and an AD that doesn't care about winning for another year. I went to the game Saturday and was one of the few that stayed until the end. As close of a game as it was, requiring a comeback win by the home team on homecoming, I never got out of my seat and cheered. I have never been this apathetic about the Hogs. It was draining being there watching the team you love be that bad and to know it's not going to change as long as CBB is in charge. It's borderline depressing knowing all of that while also realizing there might not be a change. Can you imagine having to put up with all of this for an entire season with absolutely no hope whatsoever? THAT is the worst case scenario... Bret and Jeff need to go, and as fast as possible! Please, give me something to cling on to and have some hope!

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 11:24:32 am »

average score the next 3 weeks
50-17 against the hogs

KennyForAD

• Hogvillian
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 11:24:49 am »

NO.  What's getting old is you thread police monkeys.   Almost every thread has one of you bitching that the OP shouldn't have started the thread.  OLD.  REALLY OLD.   

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Is there a problem here?
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 11:28:10 am »

NO.  What's getting old is you thread police monkeys.   Almost every thread has one of you bitching that the OP shouldn't have started the thread.  OLD.  REALLY OLD.   

Actually what is getting old are people that are worried the Hogs will WIN games.

dfwalumdad

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 12:17:11 pm »

we were down two touchdowns to the worst team in the sunbelt. okay?

we're not going to win out.

here's a far more likely scenario, we get beat 52-7 by lsu, followed by a 38 point beat down by mississippi state.

long calls a presser for sunday and announces that bert will be coaching his last game against Missouri.

lstewart

• Senior
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2017, 12:48:21 pm »

I agree with others that we have almost no chance to win out. But, just for fun, say we do. Get a road win at LSU, then beat MSU here, then beat Mizzo on Black Friday. Then, go to a bowl game, and get a win. Finish with an 8-5 record, on a 6 game winning streak. At that point most fans would be going crazy, talking about how we have turned the corner, about how we are going to go 10-2 next year, and we will have good crowds early next season. Human nature is to pay most attention to what happens last, so if we beat the teams left on our schedule, and then win a bowl game, this will be considered a successful season, and will be talked about in positive ways. Of course Coach B would remember how bad it got, so he probably would not be too crazy to stay long term anyway. He would probably take another job when he got a chance. I think it is about a 2.5% chance of us winning out, but if we did, that would be the scenario at the end.

311Hog

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 12:52:23 pm »

i think we are currently living the worst case scenario in real time....

Cotton

• Senior
  • Ph.D Common Sense
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 12:58:01 pm »

WHO THE FOOK IS THIS GUY ^^^

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Is there a problem here?
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 01:38:10 pm »

WHO THE FOOK IS THIS GUY ^^^

someone that gets away with name calling and personal attacks and contributes nothing of substance.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 01:50:20 pm »

He resigns right after the zoo game and we don't get a good coach to replace him. Plus our recruiting class tanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas