• 385,073 Topics
• 21,566 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sports Radio in Central Arkansas  (Read 1638 times)

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

• Hogvillian
  • Hogville Executive Consulting LLC
Sports Radio in Central Arkansas
« on: November 06, 2017, 11:40:49 am »

I refuse to spend the next 3 hours listening to Acri trying to defend Bielema against callers. Is there anything else in the area I can listen to? Something I could stream on soundcloud perhaps?

cal34

• Senior
  • We're so close!
Re: Sports Radio in Central Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 12:00:20 pm »

Let the fluffing begin!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

cal34

• Senior
  • We're so close!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 12:02:12 pm »

What gets me is the callers.  Saying things like "I don't mind if Coach Bullima stays here for now on".  Where do they find these people?

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

• Hogvillian
  • Hogville Executive Consulting LLC
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 12:25:36 pm »

What gets me is the callers.  Saying things like "I don't mind if Coach Bullima stays here for now on".  Where do they find these people?
They have to be plants. Just like the people at the catfish hole during bielemas Thursday night show

AP85

• All-American Hogvillian
  • SEC.....you'll float too......
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 12:26:30 pm »

They have to be plants. Just like the people at the catfish hole during bielemas Thursday night show

Exactly.

1highhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • 1964, the year of the hog.
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 12:30:00 pm »

No doubt about it they are plants.  I know there are dumb fans in every fan base but surely there's not that many hog fans that think keeping Bielema is good for the program.

cal34

• Senior
  • We're so close!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 12:30:28 pm »

Yeah, they really let out a roar when Chuck introduces Bert, whistling & cheering.

HF#1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 12:32:02 pm »

You cannot defend his record. Based on that alone, he should have been gone last season.

buldozer

• Senior
  • Lets Call Those Hogs!
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 12:37:41 pm »

If you ever try to sit over there close to CBB at the catfish hole you'll find out its not easy to get a seat in there. They have to know you are a homer

The NewEra

• New Era
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 12:49:25 pm »

I refuse to spend the next 3 hours listening to Acri trying to defend Bielema against callers. Is there anything else in the area I can listen to? Something I could stream on soundcloud perhaps?

The "Morning Rush" out of Northwest Arkansas is a good Podcast.  I believe you can also live stream it.

hogsolutely

• Bench Warmer
    • Blackbirds88
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 12:52:08 pm »

The Morning Rush.  Those guys call it like they see it!  I get the feeling they are done with this Regime, an ready to move on from it!  Plus they do a good job reporting on the Basketball team. 

• Bench Warmer
  • The Bill to your Hillary
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 12:52:21 pm »

Its not just sports radio. Sports media in Arkansas is almost as bad as our football team.

hogsolutely

• Bench Warmer
    • Blackbirds88
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 12:54:06 pm »

Morning Rush on hitthatline.com I think.  If you have tune in radio on phone you can get them on The hog sports radio network.

shown006

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 01:01:00 pm »

Fox Sports Radio...93.7 I believe out of Bryant.  Wess Moore's Game On show comes on at 11 a.m., and Mattingly's show afterwards at 2 p.m.

cal34

• Senior
  • We're so close!
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 01:03:09 pm »

If you ever try to sit over there close to CBB at the catfish hole you'll find out its not easy to get a seat in there. They have to know you are a homer

Must be a comprehensive screening process,  enhanced vetting.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 01:09:04 pm »

I listen to Hit the Line till 9 then the Buzz till 2pm and I go back to Hit that line for Bo.

NaturalStateReb

• Czar of Arkansas
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 03:44:11 pm »

I always tune in to Drive Time Sports for Gentle Ben's call that lasts from 5-6.

AP85

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 03:48:53 pm »

I always tune in to Drive Time Sports for Gentle Ben's call that lasts from 5-6.

It is very enjoyable to hear Fitz Hill, Marcus Elliott, and Randy rainwater talk. Fitz is a former coach, Elliott is a former player, and rainwater doesnít hold back his opinion.

Most people appreciate the different view, especially ones that have had close ties to the program yet can be open minded and not overly biased.  Itís better than the pencil neck Bo and the PR lubricators for the athletic department.

It has a good flow in my opinion.

Polecat

• Hogvillian
  • WPS!
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2017, 03:57:58 pm »

It is very enjoyable to hear Fitz Hill, Marcus Elliott, and Randy rainwater talk. Fitz is a former coach, Elliott is a former player, and rainwater doesnít hold back his opinion.

Most people appreciate the different view, especially ones that have had close ties to the program yet can be open minded and not overly biased.  Itís better than the pencil neck Bo and the PR lubricators for the athletic department.

Rainwater is a real "jogger-nut" in Arkansas sports media. His analysis of the "deefenseev and offenseev" players of the week is top notch

cal34

• Senior
  • We're so close!
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2017, 04:09:28 pm »

Marcus cut off the last caller during the 5th quarter show.  The guy said Bert looked like Mr. Potatohead on the sideline.

cal34

• Senior
  • We're so close!
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2017, 04:11:07 pm »

Randy i just love them hogs,  cant we all just be happy with what we got i mean it could be worse.  Gentle Ben is the worse.

AP85

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2017, 04:12:26 pm »

Marcus cut off the last caller during the 5th quarter show.  The guy said Bert looked like Mr. Potatohead on the sideline.

Much like social media and keyboard warriors, itís easy to make fun of someone who canít defend themselves.

Keep it about his coaching not his looks and donít get hung up on the way I look at it.

ipigsooie

• Senior
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2017, 04:49:14 pm »

This is the exact reason I quit listening. I cannot believe how long they allow people to go on saying absolutely nothing .  Cut people of for heavens sake. I'm not saying to be Jim rome but it is not too much to ask to have callers ready with their point when they call in. I listen to Trey Biddy and that's about it.

Bebop

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2017, 04:50:19 pm »

I get the opportunity to listen to sports radio sometimes at my work and Acri is the most egregious when it comes to defending Bielema. He believes that Saban's first year loss at Bama to Louisiana-Lafayette is the same as Bielema's third year loss to Toledo. 

To be honest, I called in two weeks ago to Acri's show and told him that I thought Bielema is a system's coach that benefited from Alvarez at Wisconsin. I used the SB Nation article showing the combined winning percentage of Gary Andersen and Bielema at Wisconsin versus after Wisconsin, which is .737 at Wisconsin and .395 after Wisconsin. I told him I jumped off Bielema's wagon after year 3 when we lose to Toledo and Tech and he responded back about the Ole Miss and LSU games. I told him I was glad about those wins but that they revealed that we underachieved, or something along those lines. That was the gist of the conversation. It's hard to get everything out in a time constraint but I think I did okay. 

Anyway, Acri seems to be a big homer for Bielema. Towing the company line, I guess?

Arthur pigby sellers.

• Senior
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2017, 04:53:05 pm »

Sports Radio in Arkansas is really pathetic.  I didnít realize how bad until I moved away.

Hawgphish

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2017, 07:01:17 pm »

The buzz morning show was asking callers what their favorite sandwich was....riveting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas