• 385,023 Topics
• 21,565 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Frito Pie?  (Read 625 times)

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm feeling borderline erotic
No Frito Pie?
« on: November 06, 2017, 11:10:49 am »

I thought you guys said they added Frito Pie to the menu at RRS - couldn't find any on Sat. Were you Fuc---- w me or did they just not serve it against CC?

CC would have been a great time to get a Frito Pie, it would have made me smile on a day when it was hard to smile.

Razorbackers

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Good Takes Found Here
Re: No Frito Pie?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 11:13:15 am »

You don't want to eat FP at a time like that. Then your brain will associate the taste of frito pie with that shartfest on the field.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 11:15:31 am »

You don't want to eat FP at a time like that. Then your brain will associate the taste of frito pie with that shartfest on the field.

True...very true. You make a damn good point, I would hate to ruin the memories associated w Frito Pie. I ate peanuts at the game this week. CBB should be paid in peanuts....just my opinion

NuttinItUp

• Gold Hogvillian

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 11:20:39 am »

True...very true. You make a damn good point, I would hate to ruin the memories associated w Frito Pie. I ate peanuts at the game this week. CBB should be paid in peanuts....just my opinion

Peanuts are around $500/ton, that's a lot of peanuts at $4m......

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 11:32:22 am »

Peanuts are around $500/ton, that's a lot of peanuts at $4m......

Dumped in his front yard...he can bag and resell them - good profit margin. I bet he's a better peanut salesman than head coach. He can write personal, peanut related letters to all prospective customers. I hear he is one helluva writer

Razorbackers

• Good Takes Found Here
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 12:50:56 pm »

Like this one time I got drunk on JD and dr pepper, then ate a cold arbys beef and cheddar.

I still can't do JD or arbys. That was a rough night.

BJJHog

• Bench Warmer
  • "The greatest hold is conditioning." Karl Gotch
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 01:10:29 pm »

Judging from my perspective in the stands Saturday til the bitter end; it could be that all the frito pie was either eaten up by our morbidly obese fans, players, coaches, sorority girls, or majorettes.  We need some dieticians and sports conditioning needs to be a required course for graduation.  Bring back 4th Quarter class!

Skandar Jackson

• Hogvillian
  • Fireball...not to be confused with what CBB drinks
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 01:35:46 pm »

Dumped in his front yard...he can bag and resell them - good profit margin. I bet he's a better peanut salesman than head coach. He can write personal, peanut related letters to all prospective customers. I hear he is one helluva writer

Twist I consider you and BR at the top of Hogville food chain when it comes to food. Do you have a chili recipe you'd like to share?  Or how you make a frito pie in terms of layering, ingredients, etc.   I made some homemade chili last weekend and had frito pie for three days straight. So I'm interested in your thoughts on the subject. I'd say we're all ready for you to tell us how do make a good frito pie.

razoredge178

• Hogvillian
  • Walk with purpose or move to the side.
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 01:42:10 pm »

Judging from my perspective in the stands Saturday til the bitter end; it could be that all the frito pie was either eaten up by our morbidly obese fans, players, coaches, sorority girls, or majorettes.  We need some dieticians and sports conditioning needs to be a required course for graduation.  Bring back 4th Quarter class!

This is gospel right here. Reminds me of Ron Whites take on folks from Kansas...

JIMMY BOARFFETT

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I'M NOT PERFECT, BUT PARTS OF ME ARE EXCELLENT!
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 01:47:46 pm »

There are certain laws of nature that you just don't violate.  "Thou Shalt Not Eat Frito Pie With Pepsi" is number two.

Come on man!

BJJHog

• Bench Warmer
  • "The greatest hold is conditioning." Karl Gotch
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 01:56:35 pm »

This is gospel right here. Reminds me of Ron Whites take on folks from Kansas...

Can't stop laughing!!!  My eyes hurt.

Razorbackers

• Good Takes Found Here
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 03:19:57 pm »

There are certain laws of nature that you just don't violate.  "Thou Shalt Not Eat Frito Pie With Pepsi" is number two.

Come on man!

I'm telling you guys, our football woes started the moment we went from coke to pepsi. Within a couple months we had fired Petrino. The timeline is all there.

NuttinItUp

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 03:21:21 pm »

I'm telling you guys, our football woes started the moment we went from coke to pepsi. Within a couple months we had fired Petrino. The timeline is all there.

Pepsi is the devil.

Razorbackers

• Good Takes Found Here
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 03:25:20 pm »

Pepsi is the devil.

https://razorbackers.com/2015/09/28/the-razorbacks-have-fallen-victim-to-an-age-old-bubbly-curse/

2012 was the year that the Razorbacks decided to stop using Coca-Cola products in lieu of the higher margin Pepsi-Cola products. This didnít happen overnight. There was no backroom deal made to get Pepsi on campus that higher ups had no knowledge of. This was a deal that had been worked on for over a year. When the UA made the switch to Pepsi, they were certainly not going to lower prices to match the new wholesale cost. The University had secured  a potentially 10 year deal with Pepsi, all to make a few extra dollars here and there.

The consequences were dire. Itís a popular theory with myself that Petrinoís motorcycle crash was no accident. It was caused by the Illumanti-esque soda goons that Pepsi employs, mostly comprised of former mercenaries and felons/Florida Gators. These goons caused the crash, and hid the evidence. In the wake of the ensuing media frenzy, Pepsi was able to finalize the contract with the UA, and no one was able to protest the soda switch until it was too late.

The Pepsi Curse is real. When you ditch Coke, you have sacrificed your program to the Dark Lord, and he requires a sacrifice of a minimum of 2 seasons of football and at least 1 head coach. And he will get his sacrifice, one way or another.

The fallout from the lack of refreshing Coca-Cola was rapid, wouldnít you say? The Hogs started the season ranked #10 and rose to #8 before falling to ULM in Little Rock. (Which, by the way, placed a totally separate ďCurse of JohnelleĒ on the Little Rock field for the Hogs. So many curses, you guys.)  The Razorbacks have yet to recover from this season.

Coaches have come and gone. Former recruits have been kicked off the team or forced to transfer. Weíve had so many injuries I canít keep count. Heartbreaking loss after heartbreaking loss, and only 1 bowl appearance in 3 years (and likely not one this year either) have left Hogs fans reeling. Only one thing has remained a constant at the University of Arkansas.

Pepsi.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 03:26:25 pm »

Come on man!

Kobeer?

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 03:28:40 pm »

Frito pie with chopped Onions , Sour Cream and shredded cheese.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I'M NOT PERFECT, BUT PARTS OF ME ARE EXCELLENT!
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 03:29:15 pm »

Razorbackers

• Good Takes Found Here
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2017, 03:30:24 pm »

I prefer mustard of sour cream, but heck yes to onions and sharp cheddar.

NuttinItUp

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2017, 03:31:04 pm »

How long between poops?

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2017, 03:48:25 pm »

Twist I consider you and BR at the top of Hogville food chain when it comes to food. Do you have a chili recipe you'd like to share?  Or how you make a frito pie in terms of layering, ingredients, etc.   I made some homemade chili last weekend and had frito pie for three days straight. So I'm interested in your thoughts on the subject. I'd say we're all ready for you to tell us how do make a good frito pie.

It's all about the frito / chili ratio...and quality chili. Arguing about recipes won't get us anywhere - just don't use canned chili if you are making it at home - that's just fu----g lazy.

I believe a 60% chili 40% frito ratio is premium, but that's just my opinion.. Lots of chopped onion and cheese for sure.

This time of year, if you aren't making venison chili...it's time to learn how to bow hunt. Get 'em in the freezer before the gun hunters make all the deer nervous. I'm a gun hunter too...but can't wait for gun season to make venison chili. I'm not a bean guy - no beans in my chili - it's just cheap filler

I drink kobeer w my Frito pie, that's just how I do it. Some like sweet tea, some like homemade wine - I like beer - but I chase it with a little shine when I get full. Apple Cobbler shine takes the place of dessert

Skandar Jackson

• Hogvillian
  • Fireball...not to be confused with what CBB drinks
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2017, 03:51:06 pm »

Sorry, Delta. Didn't ask for your thoughts on Frito Pie. 

Of all ####### times for you to make a post with more than 2 words.

hassettsportsman

• Varsity
  • Official Hogville Lobster Expert
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2017, 03:57:20 pm »

Never confuse Frito Pie(with jalapenos or Carolina reapers) with fresh Maine Lobster!

rogersvillemohog

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2017, 04:30:20 pm »

Speaking of Pepsi, how in the HELL do you have the smallest crowd in Razorback Stadium since the 1990s and run out of the terrible, off-brand shite they call Diet Pepsi? Iíll be honest, I donít like the taste of regular coke. I much prefer diet. So when the entire friggin stadium ran out of Di*t Pep*i in the second half, I had to mix my Ten High with Diet Dr. Pepper. Would not suggest it. Iím STILL taking antacids.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2017, 10:45:52 am »

How long between poops?

This dish will keep things moving along. Some times I add pickled jalapenos.

And it is a shame it not on the menu at the Hill. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas